Operation shrink my butt! 1st goal - Lose 1 stone!

Kira said:
Sounds like it is going very well Tara. I am still dithering about what plan to do after maintenance and my intial enthusiasm for JUDD has been dampened by further research. Not because I don't think it works but not sure if I would work with it. I think on thw hole most diets do work if one sticks to them and of course the calorie deficit is less than the body's output. I'm just not sure I could stick to such low calories on the DD and then eat normall given my history of 2 year practically of failed attempts to stick to a vlcd and actuallly lose more than 7 or 10 pounds!

So it is with interest I shall follow you and other JUDDERS. I suspect those you are going to sail through this because you did so well on vlcd last time and I think you have that strong mindset when you make a decision to stick with something.

Just wanna say that I couldn't stick to a vlcd for more than 10 days, and I've been on juddd for over 3 months without breaking once x

And I've lost 30lbs in 15 weeks!

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

hannata said:
Just wanna say that I couldn't stick to a vlcd for more than 10 days, and I've been on juddd for over 3 months without breaking once x

And I've lost 30lbs in 15 weeks!

That is brilliant! I don't seem able to lose weight but I know my body is having issues coming to terms with the dieting I've been doing. I think I am on this to prove to myself I can maintain and then I will slowly lose the weight once I stop feeling like I can eat everything on my up day!
30 lbs in 15 weeks must feel fantastic especially when you can eat what you want on up days?

Wow! Hannata that is fantastic! I think my biggest fear is failing I am so scared of food and just not being able to stop. I have to work on the headstuff as I just don't want to do vlcd ever again. I am still keeping an open mind about JUDD as whichever way I look at it I am one of those people who will have to count calories and watch portions.

I was one of those people, vlcd diets completely destroyed me. I was addicted to sweetener as I used it as compensation for not having anything sweet on a vlcd. When I say addicted, I had 15 sweeteners in my cup of tea. I was completely destroying my body,I'm sure I was a borderline diabetic, insulin production all over the place, I was constantly hungry, binging to replace the happiness I never had, you name it I had it. I couldn't even do ww for more than 24 hrs without breaking and binging. I thought I was for either the grave or a gastric bypass. I've got a lot of chronic illnesses (not caused by weight, but not improved by it) and I was living in an OCD hell for a long time. I had to eat food a certain way, had to fill myself to busting, had to use the right knives and forks. Hardly left the house because I was so bound by my anxieties and depression.

I'm still a long way from normal but I'm a completely different person now because of juddd. Because I was able to eat sweets, full fat cheese, and nice things, I started dropping the sweetener and diet crap out of my life, slowly morphed into what is now Hannah's way, a 5-5 fast 3x a week. My way is pretty much as simple as you can get which i think is the beauty of it. I fast asides a few cups of tea on my fast days, and I keep busy. On my eat days I eat as I please. My stomach has shrunk shocking amounts. I'm never hungry like I used to be. I enjoy fasting. This is the person who used to binge EVERY day. I know people say this a lot but I wholeheartedly mean this when I say it - if I can do it anyone can. x

Gosh! Hannata that is amazing! I'm not addicted to sweetners but of course any vlcd is processed powder and chemicals and it isn't how I want to live, My Grandmother is in her late 90's and she never ever dieted and is still relatively slim. She ate simple clean food and did have a sweet tooth but would only eat at certain times and not inbetween. She had routine and portion sizes where regimented and I think that is where I have gone wrong all these years. Bad habits.

I'm still trying to get my head around JUDD. When you say 5-5 fast x3 a week (what does that mean in real simple terms - forgive me I can be rather dim for an educated woman when it comes to numbers!). I would really like to find a realistic alternative once I have completed vlcd days. I am hoping to switch on 10 Novemember when I have a social event. The fear factor is telling me to stick to vlcd for a bit longer. Not that is easy I am having to exert a lot of mind control which suggests my body is really ready for real food otherwise I risk bingeing and regaining.

Tara sorry didn't mean to hijack your diary thread!

Kira said:
Gosh! Hannata that is amazing! I'm not addicted to sweetners but of course any vlcd is processed powder and chemicals and it isn't how I want to live, My Grandmother is in her late 90's and she never ever dieted and is still relatively slim. She ate simple clean food and did have a sweet tooth but would only eat at certain times and not inbetween. She had routine and portion sizes where regimented and I think that is where I have gone wrong all these years. Bad habits.

I'm still trying to get my head around JUDD. When you say 5-5 fast x3 a week (what does that mean in real simple terms - forgive me I can be rather dim for an educated woman when it comes to numbers!). I would really like to find a realistic alternative once I have completed vlcd days. I am hoping to switch on 10 Novemember when I have a social event. The fear factor is telling me to stick to vlcd for a bit longer. Not that is easy I am having to exert a lot of mind control which suggests my body is really ready for real food otherwise I risk bingeing and regaining.

Tara sorry didn't mean to hijack your diary thread!

Kira if you go into the first page of my diary - Hannah's way, I attached the schedule onto my first post x

I think you've done incredibley well Hannah. I remember when you first started this diet, if I would have stuck with you at the time and not tried to get back on vlcd over and over, I could be 30lbs down by now too instead of gaining even more! Weigh in will be monday now as I am planning a juice fast tomorrow and one low carb high protein meal, just to see how it goes. I think on my up days I struggle to get to 2000cals without eating some kind of rubbish, I am looking into trying to eat 6 small meals or something like that, so I don't end up over carbing and gain and lose water weight too often!

Kira, it's hard to get your head round any diet I know, I am currently there myself, trying to remain focused etc. I stuck to the vlcd so well because I had a huge motivation, my wedding dress! 3 sizes too small. I felt great getting in it for the wedding day. I think we can all use a motivation to get us to goal and make us stick, and more importantly get back on the wagon if we fall off. My biggest realisation has been to just simply dust over any wobbles and move on. Damage is usually cancelled out the next day or so.

I just want to get down to a nice 12-14, be fit and healthier. I don't really give a s*** what my weight on the scales is, as long as I am healthy and happy with my body. I've said from the start mf my dieting that around 10.5 - 11 stone is good for me. But who knows? Good luck with your weight loss, I really think that JUDDD could be good for you, if you can't do alternate days, do just 3 days per week like some of the other people do, the day goes by so fast and before you know it, you are tucking into a nice breakfast the next morning!

Hello...

Still judding away, no weight change since the weekend, lost 1lb last week I have lost 1/2 a pound more but I am not counting halfs now, just whole lbs, I am hoping for a bit more of a loss this week to be honest. I am on DD today and will be doing another DD tomorrow probably so we can have sunday dinner this week as we both happen to have a day off together!

Not logged in for over a week, we've had an awful week as a family, and have had a tragedy within close family. Safe to say the diet went out the window, just pulling myself together now and will be back on track next week I think. I am not going into detail but just been having a difficult time.

Will post next week after I've been back on track for a good few days x

TaraTeal said:
Not logged in for over a week, we've had an awful week as a family, and have had a tragedy within close family. Safe to say the diet went out the window, just pulling myself together now and will be back on track next week I think. I am not going into detail but just been having a difficult time.

So sorry to hear that you've had a hard time Tara, hugs from here xx

TaraTeal said:

Sorry to hear you've had a rough time Tara. Take it easy. We're here if you need us. Sending you a big virtual hug.x

Back