Opinions needed!

.Nicki.

Minimin Addict
Hey,
Just wanted to ask your opinion really. I went to the dr's today as i have been bleeding throughout my cycle. It start last cycle and when i bleed on cd16, 18 and 21. Not alot ususally just on tissue. Its happened this cycle to every couple of days since af finished (on cd16) again last few days was just pink on tissue but last night and this morning it was bright red with very big clots. (sorry tmi)
Doctor is sending my for bloodtests on cd21, looking for pcos but in everything i've read, this isn't listed as a symptom. Do any of you have anything similar? I'm using my cbfm this cycle and haven't yet ov'd but had highs all the way so far so i really don't no if i ov.
I'm just really worried its something very serious and with almost a week before i have the blood tests, i'm no i'm going to torture myself with worry!

Ah Nicki, that sounds awful - i really do feel for you. I was diagnosed with PCOS 3 years ago and i must admit i have never had anything like this. Have you had an ultrasound yet?

All i can say is try not to worry until you've heard back from the doctor, and try not to google your symptoms - it used to make me panic and worry more seeing what other people are saying.

I'm sure you'll be just fine x

Thanks hun, i'm not really in any pain, get the odd niggle occasionally. I always put it down to ovulation, but had the pains this cycle and still not ov'd according to the cbfm.
I have been googling like made and come up with everything from end endometriosis to cervical cancer, feeling its going to be a very long wait till the results. x

Try not to worry yourself with the Google results, i'm sure they will get it sorted pretty quickly. I do have the pains in my ovaries quite often, especially when i was on Cerazette! I've just come off the pill as it was suiting me and i've had a few niggles since then too.

You will be absoutely fine, it might just be a bit of breakthrough bleeding, you'll get your bloods back in a week and then you will know what to do next x

Hi there,

I have PCOS and on occasion get this bleeding you're talking about. I tend to get it on the cycles I DON'T ovulate, it's as if my body is trying it's best to ovulate but it just doesn;t happen and I get the breakthrough bleeding. It's probably hormonal bleeding, don't be surprised if you don't ovulate, but it's nothing to be too concerned about either.

OMG just hearing (or reading) is enough to make me cry with releive. I've been on a couple of ttc forums and no one seems to have expereinced it. Its so hard not to worry especially it that area. I'm hoping its this because its the least scary thing on my google result list :cry:

Hey hun,

Don't worry. I suspect your body has a problem ovulating, and that's what's causing the bleeding. The good news is it's a problem that can be rectified with weight loss and medication. This time last year I wasn't ovulating regularly, 24lbs down everything is back to normal.

Good luck and let us know how you get on!

Back