Opinions on VLCD - taste/cost

*Fallen Angel*

Having tried both Slim Fast and Celebrity Slim I can't get past the first day as I just can't stomach the shakes and soups. I realise they are packed with vits etc but to me they taste revolting. I've seen and read so much success and really want to try one, but can't afford to waste any more money.

So, could anyone tell me which ones taste the best? I know we're all different but it would be good to get a balanced view.

What does hold me back on things like LL/Cambrdge is the cost. I just don't have the money to pay upfront like they want. Wish you cold pay weekly like you do with your shopping.

I got some shakes and bars from a website called Avidlite, they came this week. I did Lipotrim in January, and the shakes tasted disgusting, the so called 'flapjack' was more a slab of carpet than anything resembling 'food'. The shakes I have got from Avidlite are chocolate and banana, the chocolate one is really delicious, the banana one isn't too bad,the choc truffle bars are gorgeous. Ive not tried Celeb Slim or Slimfast, so can't comment on them. But compared to Lipotrim these are lush. Also, they haven't worked out as expensive even with postage. Take a look on their site, they sell all sorts of dieting foods, the ones I got were from the Meal Replacement area on the left hand side of the page.

I'm just doing w8 at the moment and am having the porridge (tastes ok with cinnamon and berries added), and the spag bol which is spicy and more like a meal than a soup. I get them locally and I can buy extra packs separately if I want. I could get them on line too.

i have done lighterlife and exante and can highly recommed exante the offers on bumper packs means its £99.95 a month (compared for £60+ a week on LL) I think the packs are really nice on exante but are awful on lighterlife

thats just my view, but if exante didnt have the offers for £100 a month i could not afford to do a VLCD

good luck x

I have used lipotrim before and really enjoyed them, especially the chocolate and vanilla shakes and chicken soup! I used to have the shakes in the daytime and the soup at dinner time. As for w8 I hated the taste of those .... they tasted powdery to me!!! :yuk:
I don't know anything about avidlight so can't comment on that.

Good luck with what ever you do choose! :)

Back