Opinions please - non LL

ladylite

Gold Member
How would you interpret this statement

Annual General Meeting

An Annual General Meeting of The Area must be held in each year and 15 months must not elapse without a General Meeting.

So if you had an AGM on 25th November 2006 and your next one was 24th February 2008 would that be OK - that is 15monts from 25.11.06?

Thanks for your reply Dancing.

As you say oooooppppppps, that is what all the hassle is about at the AGM:eek:

Mind you is it me but the statement is not easy to interpret?

So why does the 15 months have to be in the statement?

I think thats what confused us:cool:

We are in the Shxt, as they sent us an Email Friday night at 5.20 pm telling us that our License had been revoked and the committee was not eligible for re-election.

Our AGM was booked with food for 24th February - great werent it.

After frantic calls to the Chairman of the Society they revoked it, but they are still trying to say we didnt act within the constitution.

Basically there are some people out there that want a few of us hung drawn and quarter (oh how lovely success is).:D

The reason we made the AGM later cause when we took over the accounts were in a mess and it took us that long to get them sorted. Could you imagine what they would of done if we went with incorrect accounts. :confused:

We are fighting it tooth and nail and it is taking a lot of our time, hence why I have not been on MMs so much.

PS and we are non paid volunteers - ha ha ha

Thanks dancing at times I feel like jacking it in and the non salary isnt quite enough.:D

But then the other half wants to fight on but it is so much hassle.

I'd say that one must be held between Jan 1st and December 31st each year and there is also the opportunity that if you had one on Feb 27th 2008 you have until May 26th 2009 to have your next one.

Sadly that doesn't sound like it's what you will want to hear.

OK what about this statement

termination

This Agreement may be terminated by The Society or The Area on not less than 1 months notice in writing to expire at any time.

Does this mean that we must have one months notice of termination

I'd say it does as long as there is nothing that says otherwise based on not having your AGM, but from the way it reads it does seem they would have to give you a months notice (in writing).

it's Annual General Meeting ....

Back