opinions pleassseeee- to buy scales or not to buy??!

lottie***

Im thinking of popping to asda on my way home tonight after work to pick up some scales, they do have some decent ones i looked online, i was thinking they will motivate me as when im at home thats when im most likely to fall off the wagon, problem is im only 3lbs away(weighed on mon) of going into the eleven stone bracket WHOOP WHOOP!!!! but a bit worried the new scales might say more than my CDC, and also i dont to start obsessing over them and i dont want to see my weight go up really as i would find that de motivating.

What you guys reckon? are any of you weighing yourselves??

xxx hope your all having a successful day

well i use my own scales to weigh myself rather than CDC ones so i know when i use mine that they are the right weight.... BUT.... if your using different scales at your CDC im not sure what the answer is... if you think they will keep you motivated in the long run then i guess you could buy them.... weigh yourself just before you go on your CDC scales then you can work out if there is a difference between the 2... if that makes sense:)

Good luck with whatever you decide...x

I would say... if you dont already weigh all the time, dont get them!!!

I am a serial weighter and it took me ages to take the natural fluctuatiosn with a pinch of salt... they can be sometimes demotivating as well as motivating....

weigh on your cdc's if you can :)

and well done on your fab losses so far!

x

I wouldn't do it personally. I bought a set a few weeks ago and took them to my CDC's to compare. They were spot on exactly the same. So, becasue I knew they were accurate I started to be a scale hopper. If I don't lose fast enough, I find I am disheartened and cheat more. I was weighing myself every time I went in the kitchen!!

So, they are now in the boot of my car and will stay there for the time being. My CDC is going on holiday from Tuesday and I won't get weighed for 17 days. This is going to be really hard for me but I won't get on my scales. I will wait and see how well I can do (?) and it will give me something to look forward to. I will feel dead excited getting on the scales after 17 days.

thanks girls im thinking i might avoid it now, i dont need demotivating!! i will just have to hold on to my mondays i think!xx

personally, i wouldnt do it!
I have scales in the house but dont go near them as its irrelevent how much i weigh at home, its all about my CDC's scales!
The fluctuations in your weight on a daily basis can end up putting you off rather than motivate you!
xxx

I love and hate my scales. As long as you think you can ignore them when they aren't playing ball and don't let it demotivate you then get them.

p.s good luck with going straight for 17 days!! i did it for 13 and i found it was really motivating, i made it into a little target and i think that helped x

My scales keep me on track and i have the old spinning round ones. My CDC visits me at home so i altered them to match hers so i get on the scales are set at 3lb this is the difference between ours and then i read the same as hers.

You decision though chick x

well i came stright home and avoided asda!! i think i would get too pulled in by them, thanks for all the opinions i wanted though guys! :)

lottie well done love, I was going to say DON'T DO IT!!! I would much rather have the air of intrigue and excitement when i go to my CDC. And I agree with several of the other posts that you may become one of those people who can't resist 'just popping on' everytime you pass them, and then getting depressed because they go up (as all weights fluctuate during the day). you're doing really well hun!! xxxx

well i came stright home and avoided asda!! i think i would get too pulled in by them, thanks for all the opinions i wanted though guys! :)

I think that was the wisest choice, I don't have scales purely because I know I would be too obsessive, weighing myself all the time!!

Well done for not getting the scales, I've always been one to hop onto the scales eveyday although I know I shouldn't, but I started the CD 2 days ago and haven't jumped on once, trying not to. Like me, you will probably get disheartened if they dont show much of a loss and you may go off track but another 2 days later and you could have lost quite a bit (if that makes sense).

I'm odd one out... bought digi scales when just a few lbs from goal and find they have helped me to stay at goal, I don't weigh every day but am at the point when I like to know what is happening. When eating on maintenance they do slide up & down more, so I try hard not to be thrown by that. I see my CDC every 3 weeks at moment so the scales are great to keep track of where I am. Before that, I made do with rubbish ones that never gave a true reading, so it was kind of a reward!

xxx

if its every three weeks and maintence i think thats great, helps you keep on track, but im def still on the same opinion, on ss get weighed every week and i dont really need them, and also i love what suzie said, it keeps the excitment in my weigh ins too! xx

Back