Opinions

Principessa N

Minimins Addict
Is there a reason why we eat around 500 cals on a down day?
I ask because my cals are supposed to be 558/2700 so calorie wise eating 750/2500 would make no difference but i'm not sure if there is a reason that it has to be low.

Can you tell i'm already struggling on my DD?

Hi Nicki

From what I understand, it's about the swing/difference between your high and low days, not the nett amount of calories consumed :D

P x

x_Nicki_x said:
Is there a reason why we eat around 500 cals on a down day?
I ask because my cals are supposed to be 558/2700 so calorie wise eating 750/2500 would make no difference but i'm not sure if there is a reason that it has to be low.

Can you tell i'm already struggling on my DD?

It's the difference between up and down so you shouldn't be closing the gap by adding onto dd and taking off UD. It gets easier honestly. X

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

i think there was a post on here the other day about the percentage, for example if you work out the 20% weight loss which is what should get you the biggest loss then you eat 20% of your Up day cals on the Down days for example if you have 2500 on ups then you should eat 500 on downs i think. not sure what i should be doing then as my weekend ups were astronomical! my actual down day percentage would prob resemble a normal Up day!!

lumpyandbumpy said:
i think there was a post on here the other day about the percentage, for example if you work out the 20% weight loss which is what should get you the biggest loss then you eat 20% of your Up day cals on the Down days for example if you have 2500 on ups then you should eat 500 on downs i think. not sure what i should be doing then as my weekend ups were astronomical! my actual down day percentage would prob resemble a normal Up day!!

Me too!!!! :)

You can do it Nicki for one day at a time, the hunger comes and then disappears so its worth learning that very early on, this way you won't give in the second the hunger pangs start. Stick it out you will be so glad you did tomorrow xx

Its 500 or under because its based on an alternate day 'fast' where you eat nothing for 24 hrs, obviously this is too difficult for most of us mere mortals so they devised a plan where you can have some cals but not many lol, your body needs to get by on the lowest amount of food possible for a 24 hr period. This diet is not just about calorie deficit therefore you need to do your best to stay below the 500 cals, it gets easier I promise and DD are magic and empowering and as already said its just one day , you can do it x

Back