Orange-Sox's Slim Down to the big 21!

orange-sox

***This is copied from my introduction post as it makes sense and explains my journey:) ***

My name's Emma and I'm a foodaholic :p

No really, I'll be serious this time...

I'm 20 years old and I am finally finally getting the courage and motivation to lose weight and run my life the way I want it to be!

A little bit about me:

Well, I've been slowly but surely losing weight since November 2008 when I found out I was pregnant with our first baby as I was extremely overweight and very determined to do the best for our child. I lost about 40lbs or so and was doing very well up until our 20 week scan when we found out our son had died, we were both heartbroken and I did my usual and reached for the food... I put back on about 15lbs or so in the space of about 2 days and carried on putting on weight and putting food in my mouth, until I had the realisation that I couldn't make my son proud of me by eating myself into an early grave.
It's been a very long and hard road for me in the last few weeks, and every day has been a struggle to get through but I am determined to be the best I can, to make my son proud of me, to make my partner proud of me, to be me at last.

I've now got back down 233lbs through cutting back on the crisps and junk and getting myself out of the house to stop myself from wallowing in my own self pity.

I am currently reducing my calorie intake in preparation to go on the Cambridge Diet sole source programme, which I will commence on 30/03/09 and I can't wait to get to know you all better :D

I'm hoping to get down to what will be the slimmest I've been for about 6 years by 18th October 2009 - MY 21st BIRTHDAY!! :bday:

Hi Emma, nice to meet you!

So sorry to hear about your loss, it must have been devastating. I am glad you have decided to follow a healthy eating plan and you'll get heaps of advice and help here I can tell you.

Wow, your birthday goal sounds fantastic. Mine is not far off yours on October 31st, and I hope to be at my slimmest too for a good many years!

Well if you ever need support and ecouragement just holler! :)

Well what the hell is going on with me this week, I've gone and lost 5lbs without trying, well at least I don't think I tried... Oh well, going to see my lovely CDC Mandy today to stock up on soups, tetras and porridge! Woohoo!

Hope to be back next week with at least a few pounds off!!

Last edited:
Hey sorry to hear you've had a hard time but you sound determined and in the right frame of mind for the diet now. Good luck with it and if you have questions or need support theres always someone around on the CD forums.

Midweek update from me...

I am a picky mare, oh yes I am :p

I have discovered I only like strawberry tetras, fruits of the forest shakes, and choc orange shakes... well hell of a lot of variety there!

It wasn't that I hated the others, I just wasn't particularly motivated to eat them whatsoever - which is odd for me as I love savory things, and everything I've picked is sweet!

Going to get some of the savory drink mix on sunday when I go for my WI so I've got at least something to take the edge off all of the sweetness!

Woohoo! I've lost 11lbs in my first week :D :D

My first week wasn't actually too bad, although when I'm down I find myself wanting to eat, which just proves my theory that I'm an emotional eater :sigh:

Back