Oranges

Terrycb

Just wondered if anyone could tell me why an orange is syn free but the juice of an orange is one syn? :confused: Every morning I have orange juice, would I really be better eating an orange?? :flirt2:

Just think how long it takes to peel and eat an orange, compared to how many oranges you could drink with a glass of orange juice and how quickly you could consume it.

This is the reason fruit is free, but once you cooked it or puree/juice it, it becomes syns. Because you would consume a whole lot more like that.

hmm I see what you're saying but I only have the juice of one orange so I would have thought it was the same as eating one orange. Thanks for your reply, I'm finding it all confusing, need time to get used to it!

Your body would not recognaise any satifaction from drinking the juice of one orange, it really wouldn't know it had had anything. Whereas if you'd eaten an orange it would know something had hit it's stomach!

It's only one syn, that's what syns are there for - those little extras. If you enjoy it, have it and syn it.

defintately what jaylou said, there are HEAPS f calories in smoothies and juices etc. which are about as hunger busting as a glass of water so try not to drink but if you want to syn it. its only 1 syn

Thanks, this is all new to me so I'm still learning. :) Just didn't understand but now I do. Thing is I don't like oranges but I do like the juice. ;)

Back