Oriental Pears

Butt3rb34n

Got two oriental pears in the slimmer of the week today. Was just wondering if anyone has any ideas as to what I can do with them? Don't usually like pears but wanting to give these a try.

Thanks in advance
x

GINGER POACHED PEARS

You will need -
*2 pears peeled with the stalks left on
*1 thin slice of root ginger
*1/2 tsp ground ginger
*finely grated zest & juice of 1/2 lemon
*3-4 tbsp artificial sweetener
*1/2 piece stem ginger drained and chopped
*2tbsp fat free yoghurt to serve

1- Place the pears in a small saucepan, add enough water to cover and then stir in the root ginger, ground ginger, lemon zest and sweetener. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until the pears are soft.
2- Using a slotted spoon transfer the pears to a bowl then bring the poaching syrup back to the boil. Boil rapidly for 10-15 minutes, or until well reduced. Strain the syrup, discarding the root ginger and lemon zest and pour over the pears. Cover and chill in the fridge for 4-6 hours, or overnight if time permits.
3- When ready to serve place each pear in a small bowl and drizzle over the syrup. Scatter over the stem ginger & serve with a dollop of fat free natural yoghurt.

Sorry but this is the only thing i had for pears! xx

Are they Nashi pears?

nashi-pear_1.jpg

If so -I would give them a go raw -I love them, but don't think they are very "pear like" at all :p

I love asian pears (i.e. nashi pears). The skin can be a bit bitter, but the flesh is lovely.

I would just cut it up and eat as it is ;)

They are crisper than European pears.

I don't like the skin much, so I peel them and slice them thinly and have them with cheese, especially blue cheese, or just on their own.

Oh and its 4 syns each for the recipe. xx

Back