Orlistat (Xenical)

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont think theyd work at all with CD/LL in fact they could be quite damaging. Orlistat stop your body absorbing fat in food, with CD/LL being so specific with all the nutrients etc it has in it I dont imagine expelling anything would be advisable.

I tried Orlistat last year, never worked at all but I have to admit I wonder if they work more like a placebo, youre so scared of the effects you eat low fat, and the low fat and healthy food you eat is what causes your weight loss as opposed to the tablets ;)

I was given Xenical a couple of years ago and besides the nasty side effects I really don't think they did that much. Yes I did loose a bit of weight - 12lbs over 3 months but I think that was due to the fact I changed my eating habits and excercised more.

xenical,lost 2 stone in 8 weeks

ive been on xenical just over 8 weeks and ive lost 2 stone.i think if u stick to the diet and eat the right things it does work.the only time u get side effects is when u break the rules and eat food with too much fat in.plus everyones body is different:D

I used them for 3 months last year all I can say is evil evil evil side effects. Weight loss was at best 1 lb a week. The headaches and sweats are terible let alone the other more common ones !!

I've had them more than once, unfortunately both times I went stupid and seemed to think I could eat more fat because 20 percent (or whatever amount it is) wasn't going to be absorbed!!..

My hubby was doing fantastic with the ones they banned late last year :(

Back