Orlistat (Xenical)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Willdoitthistime!, 28 May 2008 Social URL.

1. Willdoitthistime!

Willdoitthistime! Full Member

Has anyone tried these tablets? How did you get on? Also, has anyone tried Orlistat while on CD or LL ?

Thanks for any info.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Taz

Taz Spam Hunter

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(30.4%)
    Diet:
    HGB
  4. wannafitonplaneseat

wannafitonplaneseat emmatryingtogetthinner

Diet:
    awaiting gastric bypass
    i tried them pills a few years back and would be a word for them,the side effects are horrid and the weight loss is little more than about 1lb a week.for all the pain and suffering that goes with them in my opinion they are def not worth it but of course everyone is different and you may find them really good.

Last edited by a moderator: 7 June 2008
  5. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I dont think theyd work at all with CD/LL in fact they could be quite damaging. Orlistat stop your body absorbing fat in food, with CD/LL being so specific with all the nutrients etc it has in it I dont imagine expelling anything would be advisable.

I tried Orlistat last year, never worked at all but I have to admit I wonder if they work more like a placebo, youre so scared of the effects you eat low fat, and the low fat and healthy food you eat is what causes your weight loss as opposed to the tablets ;)

6. enoughisenough

enoughisenough Full Member

I was given Xenical a couple of years ago and besides the nasty side effects I really don't think they did that much. Yes I did loose a bit of weight - 12lbs over 3 months but I think that was due to the fact I changed my eating habits and excercised more.

7. claredy

claredy Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0lb(12.5%)
    Diet:
    xenical
    xenical,lost 2 stone in 8 weeks

ive been on xenical just over 8 weeks and ive lost 2 stone.i think if u stick to the diet and eat the right things it does work.the only time u get side effects is when u break the rules and eat food with too much fat in.plus everyones body is different:D

8. Daniel

Daniel Member

Start Weight:
    21st10lb
    Current Weight:
    21st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    I used them for 3 months last year all I can say is evil evil evil side effects. Weight loss was at best 1 lb a week. The headaches and sweats are terible let alone the other more common ones !!

9. nannis

nannis Silver Member

Diet:
    sw
    I've had them more than once, unfortunately both times I went stupid and seemed to think I could eat more fat because 20 percent (or whatever amount it is) wasn't going to be absorbed!!..

My hubby was doing fantastic with the ones they banned late last year :(

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.