Orlistat??

Hi Guys

Is anyone taken Orlistat as well as doing slimming world as the doctor gave me them a while back but i dont really want to take them. Just wandered if anyone else was taking them or has taken them in the pass.

Thanks

Becci

I'm on them as well as doing slimming world but most of the time I don't use them as all my meals are very low in fat anyway and they are meant to be used with meals with around 30g of fat. Have to admit I took one last night after slipping and having corned beef hash and things aren't looking good today - bad mistake. :wave_cry:

I took them a while ago before SW. I wasn't following a low fat diet though so the effects were a bit scary! I spoke to my doctor about this a few weeks ago and I asked if it would help at the same time as SW but he said it was doubtful because we're on a low fat diet already. I don't think he was fobbing me off with his reply because he's normally ready to do anything to help me lose weight but then perhaps he was. I don't know a great deal about the drug so perhaps it would work along side it.

It won't do any harm to your losses if you take them while following SW so it's up to you. If you try it and see improved losses let me know please.:D

I'm having private treatment and my consultant has recommended em while i'm still doing SW. He did say just to take them with only meals that contain fat. He has asked me to get my GP to prescribe them. I've got an appointment on monday to see my GP, I'll see what he says. Haven't used them before so will keep you posted if i do start! ;)

Back