Orlistat

Hi. My names Hayley and I've been given orlistat off the doctors. I'm too scared to start them lol. Was wondering if anyone knows how much fat your allowed with each meal? Thanks :)

Hi, I remember when i first had them from the doctor i didn't start them straight away as i was afraid of the side effects. i spoke to a colleague at work who reassured me and i also came on here and found it reassuring. so once you have read the threads just start taking them and ask any questions you have. there's loads of support on here. good luck

Hi & welcome. I think we've all felt how you do right now, you hear so many horror stories about side effects. The sticky thread HNM just linked is the best thing to read but the basics are no foods with more than 5g per 100g & no more than 15g total per meal made up of the under 5g foods. A lot of us use www.myfitnesspal.com which is a free calorie counter app/website to help us.

Good Luck with your journey xx

I agree, we were all the same. I got mine from the doctors but didn't take them for 2 days. Spent those 2 days mostly reading posts on here as it's full of hints and tips about what are good and bad things to eat. Everybody is different though but if you keep within the fat rules you will be ok :) xxx

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Hi. Thankyou everyone. The information was very helpful. Does everyone take 3 tablets a day with every meal as the doctor said I don't need to take 1 with breakfast and lunch if I only eat porridge/sandwich as not a lot of fat in . I was thinking about following weight watchers and takeing these tablets. Would anyone reccomend it or done the same and does it work while following ww? Thankyou x

I only take 2 a day as breakfast often doesn't happen (naughty I know) or if it does is low fat. WW should work well although you still need to check fat content, what might be suitable for WW might be outside the Xen rules. Good luck,

KB x

Hi kittyBling. Thanks for your reply. It might be wise for me to do calorie counting then lol. Not sure how many I can have a day though. Might start tomorrow.

Thank you and good luck too x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Download 'myfitnesspal' app to your iPhone. It really helps with calories and the fat content xxx

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

I'd agree that for me calorie counting is the best. I have done WW on & off for years, clerked at one class for 3 years while I just got bigger!!!

The only time I ever took a tablet with breakfast was when I had an egg x

Hi most of are on myfitnesspal let's us know your sign in and we can all add you as "friends" :) and then you can look at Lexie's diary to see how she has done it.. You can look at mine to see how sometimes I struggle ;) :) fall off the wagon and still taking all the 3 tablets.. get back up next day and try again! Change the way you eat for life :)

hi and welcome. dont be scared of taken 'xen' as long as u stick to low fat foods your be fine. i take all 3 tablets with my meals as i think that there is always fat to be taken out in breakfast eg milk and also lunch eg bread. good luck with your journey xx

Hi and welcome !!! I started 2 weeks ago and i was scared of the side effects but like what everyone has said, as long as you stick to the rules you will be absolutley fine! I take one orli with every meal, regardless of whether it's low fat or not...
Good luck xx

:welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome:

Hi and welcome along. You've already had the best of advice from the guys. In answer to you're questions, you'll gradually find what works best for you. We are all doing things slightly differently in terms of number of tablets a day and whether we are on weightwatchers etc. I take all three tablets (when I remember!) and have been on since January. I think i'll start to cut out the breakfast one as I approach my goal. I use my fitness pal as well. The best resource for me has been everyone on here.

I've added you on mfp, I'm newpurple on there.

Best of luck on your journey, and keep us posted.

Back