Orlistat

BlatentBunny

Hooray I found you!

I KNEW that somewhere on the WWW you lot were hiding! Real women who weigh more than a bread stick and actually share advice and comradery!

You're all I ever hoped you'd be and more (or less, depending on where you are on the road to reduction!)

A little about me, I'm Forty*mumble*, I have three children aged 20, 7 and 2, a little over 5 foot tall (stop sniggering) and I weighed in at the doctors this morning at 224lb. I lost 7lb over the last 2 weeks to satisfy the requirement for prescribing Orlistat and I'm rearing to go!

I've dieted in the past and lost significant amounts of weight, but I just can't afford the increasing cost of diet clubs so I'm (at the moment) going it alone.

Well I'm keeping an eye on my fat and my calories so here's hoping.

Any tips, secrets, hints or advice is welcome and a BIG hello to you all from Sunny London.

Bunny

Hi Bunny,

:welcome:

Welcome to MiniMins and I hope you will make yourself at home and if you need any help please ask.

We have loads of different forums here all doing different diets and our members do swap around whenever it suits them...

I've dieted in the past and lost significant amounts of weight, but I just can't afford the increasing cost of diet clubs so I'm (at the moment) going it alone.

Have a look and see if there is anyone particular place you would like to have your thread in.

Well I'm keeping an eye on my fat and my calories so here's hoping

For now I moved you into calorie counting forum.

Here is a link to help you put up a ticker.

http://www.minimins.com/tutorials/19172-how-setup-weight-loss-ticker-tickerfactory-com.html

And here is another link that will help you make your way around...

http://www.minimins.com/introductions/787-minis-guided-tour-minimins-website.html

Love Mini xxx

Thank you x

hmmmm...... did the counter work? :rolleyes:

Real women who weigh more than a bread stick

LOL. Love it
th_Laie_hilarious.gif

Welcome to minimins :D

Mornin' Bunny!

I'm AJ and would like to say 'hi', welcome to Minis. This is a fab site full of people doing all sorts of diets but all with the same aim - to lose weight and KEEP IT OFF FOREVER. I have found it invaluable in helping me to keep some perspective when struggling (which is often). It is great to know that I am not alone with this struggle, and that other members are here to offer help, compassion and support when I want it.

I wish you the very best of luck with Orlistat and hope you have a better experience than I did.

I got terrible side effects that drove me mad - huge, red wheals all over my torso that itched like mad. They faded away when I stopped taking the pills.

Hopefully, you will be luckier. How long have you been doing Orlistat? What kind of 'diet' (hate that word) are you following while using Orlistat? Have you had any of the other 'side effects' that are common when eating too much fat? Just make sure you are near a toilet and have a change of clothes:D.

I see from your ticker that you've already lost half a stone. It's great when the numbers on the scales go down.

Best of luck, Bunny!

AJ

Orlistat "virgin"

:sign0144: Hello to Blatent Bunny, and co. I'm so glad I found your postings which I have found inspirational, as a lot of other people seem to have had negative experiences with Orlistat. I've was prescribed this yesterday and am hoping I won't suffer from the orange oil syndrome! At least I'm now fully aware of the possible side effects thanks to this website! I'm feeling a little apprehensive but I'm going to give it a try. So wish me luck - first weigh - in in two weeks time!!!! Well done to everyone however you're losing the weight.

Hugs to all
Sukie

Last edited:
Hi Irene,
Good luck for the weigh in. Not very good at forums but glad I found this site as it's ful of like minded people with the same aims and goals. No adverse effects so far from the Orlistat but I'm not resting on my laurels - so to speak! Good to speak to you.
Cheers

Sukie

Have been taking it for 9 days now and 1st weigh in is tomorrow. Have had no problems with orlistat

Irene xx

Mornin' Irene!

Good luck with the Orlistat. Just watch out for signs of ichyness. It won't kick in for another week or two. I stopped taking it after the first months' pack, and the wheals took a few weeks to finally fade away.

Remember the photo taken of us in Glasgow (on my phone), I have it as my 'wallpaper' and it reminds me of a lovely weekend spent with you all:D.

AJ

Hi Irene,
Good luck for the weigh in. Not very good at forums but glad I found this site as it's ful of like minded people with the same aims and goals. No adverse effects so far from the Orlistat but I'm not resting on my laurels - so to speak! Good to speak to you.
Cheers

Sukie

Sukie, welcome to Minimins,

I totally agree with you, it's full of fab people who are all (trying to) sing from the same hymn sheet.

Minimins is special because we have a group of very special Moderators and Supermoderators who 'look after' different threads and can offer support to members.

Of course Minimins was set up by SuperDuper Moderator 'Mini', and her son Pierce, and she is the ultimate reason why this is such a special site.

Best of luck with your Orlistat journey.

AJ

Have been taking it for 9 days now and 1st weigh in is tomorrow. Have had no problems with orlistat

Irene xx

Good Luck Chick, how do you feel in yourself?

Bunny x

Back