OT food mentioned!

Yeah, I can't stand turnip, and swede is just a turnip in disguse...

Lol!!! Never had turnip so can't comment. There are many things I am dying to eat that I have never tried before when I come off CD but all healthy!

Things like:

sweet potato
butternut squash
yams
turnip
red onion
cooked peppers
marrow

the list goes on!

I'd swap celery (seems to be popping up alot- bleurgh!) for Walkers Pickled Onion crisps. Mmmm mmmm!

Oh and water for Baileys ;-)

Lol!!! Never had turnip so can't comment. There are many things I am dying to eat that I have never tried before when I come off CD but all healthy!

Things like:

sweet potato
butternut squash
yams
turnip
red onion
cooked peppers
marrow

the list goes on!

Butternut Squash is lovely. My mum cuts it into strips and roasts it to have with sunday lunch. She does roasted shallots too at the moment, but I've not had any this time due to the CD.

Butternut Squash is great for soups, something to bear in mind for a post-CD cocklewarmer. And I can't believe you've not had red onion. It's amazing in a tuna/pasta salad: cook some pasta spirals and cool them down, add a can of tuna, some sweetcorn, finely chopped red onion, ground pepper and some light mayo, mix and enjoy. Or replace the tuna with cold cooked chicken. Probably good for you too, my problem was I'd have a boatload of it!

I'd swap celery (seems to be popping up alot- bleurgh!) for Walkers Pickled Onion crisps. Mmmm mmmm!

Oh and water for Baileys ;-)

Nah, I really like celery, even on it's own, raw. Trouble is, it's best with some Primula cheese squirted down the middle...

I didn't even know Primula cheese still existed, haven't seen or heard of it in years. May have to see if my h2b will start stocking it at work for a post CD treat.

I could live on cheese spread! I love it!!!!! I use to have cheese spead and tom puree sands LOVELY JUBBLEY!

Plain cheese, or one of the ones with other bits in?

All of them! Especially the one with ham in it! x

And I love dairylea, dairylea triangles, dairylea slices, babybels, the laughing cow triangles and extra mature ch-ch-ch-cheddar!!! I'm a bit cheesy!

I could live on cheese spread! I love it!!!!! I use to have cheese spead and tom puree sands LOVELY JUBBLEY!

Tomato puree and cheese spread??? :jelous:

I thought my love of cheese and peanut butter sandwiches was odd enough!

Oh please don't talk to me about pizza. Pizza is responsible for my blip this week! It was the pizza's fault I swear it!

All of them! Especially the one with ham in it! x

And I love dairylea, dairylea triangles, dairylea slices, babybels, the laughing cow triangles and extra mature ch-ch-ch-cheddar!!! I'm a bit cheesy!

mmmm, cheese! Austrian smoked cheese, that stuff in the brown tube things, brilliant on burgers!

I love that! And Edam! I do a great impression of Edam and Parmesan. If anyone has seen Men Behaving Badly they will understand!

I also love Wensleydale. So crumbly yummy!!!

I didn't even know Primula cheese still existed, haven't seen or heard of it in years. May have to see if my h2b will start stocking it at work for a post CD treat.

The kids call it mouse cheese; it has a picture of a mouse on it these days.

I asked them to try and find out how many mice you needed to milk to make a whole tube of cheese...

I love that! And Edam! I do a great impression of Edam and Parmesan. If anyone has seen Men Behaving Badly they will understand!

I also love Wensleydale. So crumbly yummy!!!

I sense a Youtube moment...

I like pretty much anything except goat and sheep cheese. Except halloumi, which it brilliant fried (oh dear). Favourite is probably Applewood smoked cheddar, on nice crackers with plenty of butter. Jeez, wonder why I'm fat?

I hope no-one is cheating because of this naughty thread...

Back