OT: GIRLY TIME MAY HAVE TMI.......

missclare85

Silver Member
This may be a little long here goes:
In april this year i ran out of my pill (dianette) i couldnt get an appointment at my doctors so had to go to a family planning clinic.......when i went the wouldnt give me the combined pill as i was over weight (always have been while on the pill) so they gave me the mini pill (cerezette) i took it and had a 5 week long period went back and they put the implant in my arm i then had a 6 week long period with that so i got the implant taken out and decided untill i could get a drs appointment i would use other forms of contraceptive.

The bleeding finally stopped 8 weeks into it (baring in mind after 10 days it was more like a brown discharge) i got a doctors appointment an she said i was fine to go bk on the combined pill. The first day of my period came an i started the pill 26 days on im still bleeding.

I went to a sexual health clinic in work last week (i work in a hospital) and after being interally examined was told it was completely normal, and to try running my packs together to see if this helps. At the mo i should be on my 7 day break and having a period but as i havent had my break i should have no period........the brown bleeding is still here and now im getting period pains :( i honestly cant deal with this and the last thing i really want it to have a period while im on my holiday. Ive never EVER had this problem while being on a combined pill its only since i started on the progestrion only contraceptives that ive had problems......has any1 any1 at all got any ideas to help me? I cant get a drs appointment for nearly 3 weeks in which case i will be on hol! :( im honestly at my end :(

Sorry its soooo long! :(

I have never taken the pill so I have nothing to compare for you, but I do want to urge you to ring your Dr's again and get an earlier appt, tell them it's an emergency as you must get yourself sorted out before your holidays.

If you still have no joy - then as you work in a hospital get yourself to A&E and be seen that way.

I wish you well but you really must get this problem sorted out, good luck with it.

I'd go back to your local family planning clinic if I were you. These people are generally more helpful than your average GP as contraception is their specialty. I don't know how long you've been on the pill before all these changes, but that may also have something to do with it.

The implant has quite mixed reports so don't feel too bad about your problems. However, it's one of those things that take time, and usually it's recommended that you keep it for 3 months to let your body settle down before you consider having it removed, but of course, it really depends on your circumstances and your tolerance!

Give your family planning clinic a call and get an appointment - it might be too late to sort something out for your holiday now, but you can probably get it sorted relatively soon. Just don't expect any miracles - it takes time for the oral contraceptive to work its way out of your system, so you probably won't be able to start something else afresh immediately.

Good luck, and hope this helps a little...

Thanks for the advice!!
Sadly it was a family health/sexual health clinic who told me everything was fine and normal after examining me. I couldnt even go to a&e as i would only be sent to the place i got seen last week and go throught the same questions!
Tbh i think im just going to have to put up i was jus wishfully hoping there was a suggestion haha!!
Thanks againxx

I'm not doubting that you're fine, but more that this isn't comfortable for you. There's loads of different contraceptive pills, and it might just be a matter of finding something that's more suited to you - this is a service which your family planning clinic should provide, rather than just assuring you that you're not unwell.

Perhaps a bit of an intrusive question, but are you actually bleeding, or is it more discharge which is bloodstained and contains blood (the brown colour suggests this). If it's the latter, just wait it out - you're not actively bleeding and it should ease off as your body flushes itself, so to speak!

Its brown but its been like this for 3 weeks now, its not easing up!
Ive been on this pill before, and always been fine.......i think my body is a little messed up :(

Sounds awful. But i would ring the doctors in the morning and ask for an emergency appointment. They cant refuse you one.My friend had a similar problem and the doctor gave her a tablet to stop the bleeding as she was going on holiday. Failing this go back to the family planning clinic tell them What has happen that the pill they gave you started this and see whether they have any solutions. Good luck and enjoy your holiday!

Hope you get this resolved as its no fun. I hade the implant and bled and discharged much as you are describing for almost 8 weeks. They took it out and put me on cerazette (with advice to lose weight), that was almost 5 years ago, since then I have not had a problem nor a period, nothing not a spot.

Prior to Cerazette I had always had femodene or Yasmin, have you tried either of those?

xx

Thanks everyone!
Ive tried both yasmin an femodene,,,,yasmim made me a horrible ***** and femodene was fine only reason i came off tha was because i put alot of weight on a good few years ago an was too embarrsed to go bk the doctors lol x

There is a tablet that should stop the bleeding I have some in the cuboard if you need the name of it or you can try google. Go see your GP and insist they take you seriously point out government guidelines say you should be seen in 48 hours and if they can't do this then the PCT should be notified.

When I first started on the mini pill (again, taken off the normal pill cos "suddenly" I was too over weight (apparently your age plays a part too mind) I had a very painful period for 5 weeks afterwards and kept having to take time off work. They then put me on a different one which was ok for a couple of weeks but when i started my period it again didn't stop for weeks. Eventually, they've put me on my current pill which mean that most of the time i don;t have a period at all, but, when i do, I know all about it and it lasts for about 3 weeks.
It has settled down now though, but took literally months before my body got used to it.
I;d be careful chopping and changing the pills too much as it'll just confuse your body's cycle.
In fact, it's almost worth coming off the pill all together and using other protection..?

to be honest i think thats whats messed me up being put on different contraceptives.
I dont really want to come off it now as im goign away in jus over 2 weeks and im due on my period while im away and they are really heavy but after my hol im coming off it its driving me insane! x

I think that's a good idea - come off it when you get back and give your body time to settle again (might be talking 3 months, according to my Dr)
Something else, if you haven't already, get your Dr to test you for PCOS - I have it (it's dead common apparently) and it can make your periods very heavy and painful. To sort that out they often prescribe the pill, but according to my Dr it can only be a certain couple of brands that will help...? (Might be tosh mind) but even so, get yourself tested, it's only a blood test and then you'll know and can deal with it if it turns out to be the case.

Just adding my own ex here..I have been on microgynon for years and a couple of months ago I forgot to take it for two days. I started having a bleed which lasted for 20 odd days!! Very strange - never happened before. I was due to stop for the 7 days but was advised to not have a break and just keep taking the next pack which I did and the bleeding finally stopped and everything went back to normal.

I know a friend of mine has injections every 3 months which stops her periods completely. I might ask about this - sounds flipping perfect to me!

Hope your body sorts itself out soon.

I should look and see what mine is - but I don't have a 7 day break (which apparently you don't do with a mini pill) and the DR says I have to take two a day!

Back