OT..Help Me Keep My Sanity This Afternoon (bit personal)

emski

Gold Member
Hey there

Well as some of you know I have been feeling a bit poorly this week, and my fanjita was looked at in A & E on Sunday night. Anyhoo.. I have been off work and have missed 2 days and am due back in Sunday for a 12 hour shift.. wasnt sure how I was going to manage it as still feel poo and yet cant afford any more time off.. so have called in to say I would be back but could I just do a 7 hour shift and was told basically no.. its manic and the staffing level is crap.. so was a bit upset but decided to just go in and be crap!!

Then to add to it my surgery rang about an hour ago to say they have results of swabs taken at the hospital.. and can I make appointment to discuss.. no appointments till Tuesday.. no emergency appointments!!! So they reluctantly said they will get the duty doctor to call me this afternoon.. I feel like I am going to lose my sanity as I am here on my own with all my friends and DA at work.. I know if it was deadly they would have me in straight away, but it doesnt stop me feeling really scared, and I have been a wee bit tearful.

I'm sure if it was anything really serious they'd get you an earlier appointment somehow. Try not to worry. Is there no way you could have a bit longer off work if you still feel ill?

I can take the time off.. be about as popular as the plague.. but its more to do with finances.. and I know that is not top priority but it comes pretty damn close.

What job do you do? Poor poor you. As you say, anything majorly major would have found a space for you, but understand your concerns. Big cuddles.

Aw huni -TRY not to worry - I hope the Dr calls you asap

We here to cheer you up
xx

I am a nursing assistant.. Yes I work at the hospital so you would think they would be more sympathetic.. but they are more worried about budget as they would have to pay agency staff to cover me.. I will be really crap as I have no energy to be washing patients etc and being on my feet all day.

Aww sorry you feel down arnt they just a pain when they do that. They ring you up say they have your results but you have to make an appt to go in but there is no appts, grrrr. I had the same problem about a month ago with my kids as they all had to be tested for coeliac disease. The docs called and said some of the results are in and you need to make an appt as soon as possible the doctor can explain things to you then I had to wait a week before I could see him I was in tatters I am the worst worrier in the world and all sorts was going through my mind. So what I am really saying is I know what you are going through and sympothise with you and hope they do ring you this afternoon and good luck with your results.

Thank you ... I hope things were ok for your children.. I think I would be hammering on their door if it was anything to do with the kids.. or even the dog!! I will just have to wait by the phone.. they have been closed for lunch till 2

Thank you ... I hope things were ok for your children.. I think I would be hammering on their door if it was anything to do with the kids.. or even the dog!! I will just have to wait by the phone.. they have been closed for lunch till 2

Yeah I have four kids and my four year old has coeliac disease and my other 3 kids had to be checked. The results came back my oldest daughter is borderline coeliac and my other daughter and son dont have coeliac but are lacking in antibodies in the bowel needed to fend off bad bacteria which causes runny bottoms. But they are being sorted now thank god.

Hope they ring you soon x

My lovely sister Lindam has called me from work and offered to call the docs for me as I was worried about getting all upset on the phone.. They have given me an appointment for 16.10 this afternoon. Fingers crossed eh?

Good luck at the docs, hope all is ok. fingers crossed

Debs x

My lovely sister Lindam has called me from work and offered to call the docs for me as I was worried about getting all upset on the phone.. They have given me an appointment for 16.10 this afternoon. Fingers crossed eh?
Aww good luck at the docs isnt your sister lovely x

hope u ok hunny xx

dont worry hun, i once got panicked, i was bleeding irregularly when i got my implant fitted and they made me do some swabs even though they said it was hormonal and then rang to tell me there was irregularities and i needed an appointment to talk, i was s****in myself i thought i was dying, turned out i had a minor infection and needed antibiotics lol. great relief

Back