OT - I got the flu, any suggestions !!!

babymable

I'm getting married in 2 weeks and I came down with the flu. Last time I had it I was sick for 7n weeks and got a lung infection and was put on oxygen and steriods. I can feel it coming back. I called the docs and she said because of my asthma I am at high risk for the swine flu. I have a appointment tommorow to see the doc because I dont want to be sick for my wedding. Does anyone have any helpful tricks they use to get over the flu.

apart from keeping a carnilion crystal tucked in my bra i tend to ride it out, i had pneumonia with mine last year so really do sympathise but if you feel it on the chest already anti-biotics sooner rather than l8r and don't over do things, sending you lots of get well:vibes: hope you are feeling better soon xx

Aw thats awful for you, I'm sending you lots of healing vibes via the t'internet.

I drink hot water, acacia honey, lemon and cut a bit of ginger and leave it in the cup (reuse the ginger) and drink lots through out the day.

I'm a bit of a dying swan when it comes to be ill with any cold/'flu type thing so I have lots of things that I do (asthma has left me with a very weak chest) so heres the other things I do: -

steam inhalations
take vitamen C
olbas oil on a tissue and sniff it
vapour rub on my chest and back
and I start of using first defence and then move on to sinus clearing stuff
Oh and paracetamol, just the cheap stuff

I'm the cold/'flu industry's best dream.

I hope you don't get to sick chick xxx

Thanks, Im getting sicker which sucks, Im hoping the doc will give me something. I called them yesterday and they said if my breathing gets worse they may give me the antiviral for swine flu, since I have asthma they said I have a greater risk of getting it so they think I may have that. Let's hope not. I'll let you all know how I get on at the docs tommorow, Thanks for all the suggestions!!!

Thanks, Im getting sicker which sucks, Im hoping the doc will give me something. I called them yesterday and they said if my breathing gets worse they may give me the antiviral for swine flu, since I have asthma they said I have a greater risk of getting it so they think I may have that. Let's hope not. I'll let you all know how I get on at the docs tommorow, Thanks for all the suggestions!!!

Aw that sucks, big time. I hope you get better soon xxx

do you smoke? if so stop instantly....your lungs will feel stronger within 48 hrs....no point poisoning your body a little more when your so ill already....

hope you are better V.Soon!

(i live off vitamin C when im ill)

Oh god no, I hate smoke. Never have never will.
I tried steaming and it makes my breathing even worse. But I will get some more meds tommorow as well as Vitamin C tablets.
Now my voice is going lol

Hope ur feeling better soon and are well for ur wedding x

I am into my second week with it and still feeling rough :( It`s gone to my chest now so I`m coughing up lots of yummy phlegm :( I am praying I`m better for meeting Peter this weekend lol

I was advised to stay home and treat it with rest,fluids, pain killers etc and not to mix with people and ring back if I or my daughter got worse (my 3 yr old has it too :().

LiSe Xx

Thanks Xxx

Welllll you know how it is, you get to the docs and your not nearly as sick as you were when you left the house. Doesnt help my normal doc is away on holiday so im stuck with the doc that doesnt believe in medicine. ''I wouldnt bother with the flu or cold capsules, Vitamin C etc. None of that has been proven to work against the flu''
So basically he tells me there is nothg he can do for me. Yet the doc that called me back on Friday said if it gets worse they would give me the antiviral, which I brought up to him and he said that wont help me, lol yet he took a swab from my mouth and nose just to be on the safe side. So its sit back and pray it goes away.
I hate doctors like that.

Sorry to hear you're poorly so close to your wedding :( Really hope it goes away soon, drinking lots of fluids will help flush it out andplenty of rest also i know its silly to suggest so close to your wedding (congrats by the way) but stress can exacerbate colds/flus so the less stressed you are the quicker it will dissipate.

Sorry to hear about the mean doctor but at least he did a swab which is better than nothing, lots of get well soon hugs xxx

Welllll you know how it is, you get to the docs and your not nearly as sick as you were when you left the house. Doesnt help my normal doc is away on holiday so im stuck with the doc that doesnt believe in medicine. ''I wouldnt bother with the flu or cold capsules, Vitamin C etc. None of that has been proven to work against the flu''
So basically he tells me there is nothg he can do for me. Yet the doc that called me back on Friday said if it gets worse they would give me the antiviral, which I brought up to him and he said that wont help me, lol yet he took a swab from my mouth and nose just to be on the safe side. So its sit back and pray it goes away.
I hate doctors like that.

I hate doctors like that too.

And its HAS been proven that vitamen C, plain paracetamol and a nasal spray is the best thing to cure cold/'flu type illnesses (and fluids) - I watched a professor from some university who had done trials on all the over the counter remedies and these were the best...

So ***sticks tongue out at mean doctor*** there!

I hope you start feeling a bit better.. rest up as much as you can xxxxxxxx

I had the same thing too - Rubbish Drs!

My 3 yr old had come home with a letter warning there was confirmed Swine Flu in her school and I know it has been quite active in the area I live in which I explained to the nurse especially as it was her who got sick first. I also mentioned I have a SN daughter who gets very very very sick with minor things (Chickenpox put her in hospital on a drip weighing 1 stone with her hair falling out :( ) and has epilepsy so would be considered high risk and they still weren`t interested :(

Now that they can`t control it they don`t even want to test or treat you around here anymore :(

I hope you`re feeling better today

Xxx

awwww never ! hope your feeling better hun get other half to to nurse you better!! in sickness and in health lol

x x x x

HA HA Thanks, He is actually being really good at helping me out. He brought me home flowers last night because he knew I wasnt feeling well.

ooooooh thumbs up to the groom to beEE!

R u feeling any better today hun?
xxx

Not really, It tends to ease up and then I think its going but then wham it hits ya back again. I dont feel like it's getting worse tho so that's a good sign.

Hi Babymable, I am sorry you feel so ill. I recommend lots of rest (best thing - trying to get around puts extra strain on your system if it is not working well). Also, I would demand Tamiflu as you are at risk with your asthma. I have friends with suspected swine flu and they are on Tamiflu. You are supposed to stay away from the doctors (and stay at home), so you would need a buddy to fetch it for you. Take care! Tracy

I wish my own doctor was working but he doesnt come back until August. Im going to give it to the end of the week, if im not feeling better then im going back. I just finished steaming myself and it has helped a little but never for very long.

Back