(OT kinda) - Body lotion recommendation

I will succeed!!!
Hi all -

This is OT but in a way it's relevant too, if that makes sense!

I've always looked after my face skin because I am fair, so make sure it's safe from the sun (even in the UK). I spend a small fortune on creams and makeup that contains less chemicals in it too, and they do work wonders! But I realised I was lacking in the care of the rest of my skin to the same level.

I've made an effort for the last few months to moisturise more and have found a few amazing products that I wanted to share. I say this because I think my skin is looking better than ever and the motion of rubbing it in is doing wonders for the firmness of it!

1 - the new vaseline 'oil creams' that come in the clear bottles. They are about £4.50 but are on offer atm in some stores (can't recall which ones though!). I have the cocoa butter one and the new aloe vera one and both are lush - though the smell of the aloe vera one is less potent! I rub them onto skin when it's still damp from washing and it really does leave soft skin. I've been doing it about 2-3times a week.

2 - The new jergens creams! Used Jergens in the USA so was happy to see them for sale in the UK too. The Extra Softening one is LUSH and smells like heaven. And it does leave skin feeling lovely. They're on offer at Superdrug too atm!

3 - Bio oil has been a staple in my lotion and potion cupboard for years due to some scarring I have. It DOES work on scars AND stretch marks if used as directed, but makes a nice bath oil too.

4 - SKIN BRUSHES! I use these once a week to take any dead cells off, but they seem to work wonders on cellulite! I also saw an article in a mag recently which showed the results compared to pricey salon treatments, and they were as good. But invest in a good brush, like the Elemis one. It's £15 but it's a good buy and lasts ages.

Honestly, since moisturising more my skin does feel fab! It looks better too. You don't need the pricey 'skin firming' stuff either - I believe it's the rubbing in motion that helps.

Fab thread hun. I've always used body lotion after showering and like you, I think it doesn't have to be the pricey kind, it's the rubbing in which counts! I have cellulite, lucky girls who don't, but not as much as I think I should have bearing in mind the amount of rubbish I've eaten over the years and the weight I've carried, but my point is, I think the moisturising has helps over the years.

I'm loving the Jergens stuff, so good and smells divine. I've been intrigued by bio-oil. Whilst I don't have stretch marks, I do have little red thread veins and was wondering if it would help with those? I hate them!!

A great thread! Thanks Sticky

I am massive fan of body brushing too. I think it’s the only thing that really works on cellulite and I honestly think it helps pulverise the fat cells!

I love body creams and use them every time I shower/bathe. I try to keep them as ‘natural’ as possible too. I’m the same with my facial skincare. Less chemicals, more essential oils and stuff.
Slightly obsessed with smooth, soft skin! I absolutely love Palmers Cocoa butter. It smells quite strong though – you do end up smelling like chocolate (no bad thing in my book). The body shop body butters are also excellent.
I’ve wanted to try the Jergens creams, so I’m very glad you’ve recommended them. I also want to try the Jason creams that you find in a lot of health food shops. Supposed to be fabulous. I need to work through the stash of stuff I’ve got first though.

fabtastic, i shall look out for these..
Im alergic to lanolin, and have really bad exma that flares up every now and then, my face is oober sensitive so i have to be careful too :(

p.s though, i have been told my my beautician friend that you shouldnt put moisteriser on damp skin, as it essentially waters down the product, always put on dry skin just after bathing/showering x

:ashamed0005::ashamed0005: I never really follow any kind of "body" routine as I am allergic to virtually everything!
Ive also convinced myself that I never have the time...certainly never have the patience for a bath!
However, as a once in a while treat, I use my Daughters Johnsons bedtime cream that is in the purple tub....its heavenly and really leaves my skin smooth and subtle. It doesnt cost the earth and smells heavenly for ages on your skin.
Hmmm...must use it more often and pamper myself!!!

certainly never have the patience for a bath!

Tee hee, me neither Mrs V. I get bored, don't see the point and once I get out I turn the shower on to refresh myself!! I only ever have a bath if I have to, like if my back is playing up and I need the heat to soothe it.

Tee hee, me neither Mrs V. I get bored, don't see the point and once I get out I turn the shower on to refresh myself!! I only ever have a bath if I have to, like if my back is playing up and I need the heat to soothe it.

Exactly...cant see the point in lying in my own dirt if Ive got to have a shower again afterwards!! Lol...just cut to the chase and have a shower from the start! Lol

I'm a big fan of Bio Oil too. I use it on my face every time I wash it. And also some areas where I've now got stretchmarks from losing weight. It's fab!

fabtastic, i shall look out for these..
Im alergic to lanolin, and have really bad exma that flares up every now and then, my face is oober sensitive so i have to be careful too :(

p.s though, i have been told my my beautician friend that you shouldnt put moisteriser on damp skin, as it essentially waters down the product, always put on dry skin just after bathing/showering x

I only apply oil based products to damp skin as oil and water don't mix so oil based products don't get diluted. Plus it means you're really massaging it in and it's a great excuse for a massage from OH ;)

But you're right, you wouldn't put lotions on to wet skin usually :)

And Jaylou - Jergens do smell divine...I love them!

I'm glad for cheaper body lotions as the stuff I use on face isn't cheap but lasts ages cause of surface area...dread to think what the body creams would cost and how often you'd replace them! So yay for cheapies all the way!

:D

iv been using a johnsons day facial cream, its in a tiny little pot and does cost £4/£5 but has lasted me ages, comes in a little pink box.. its lush and really makes my face smooth on days i chose not to wear make up! x

£5!! LOL! Fern! You're blessed with lovely young skin. My moisturiser for my face costs 5 times that.....

I use Aldi's £1.98 moisturiser on my face! Proven to be as effective as the really expensive ones. I don't like the night cream tho. And for sloshing on after a shower, superdrugs vitamin e body cream. Dirt cheap but excellent.

Back