OT Nervous...but excited! :)

Mrs V

Loves Life!
Hi all,

Im sure by now most of you are aware that I had a gastric band privately fitted last March. The band is there to simply stop me from over-eating, it doesnt do anything else and like anything I have to work at loosing the weight by making the right choises and exercising.
Its my last visit to see my Consultant tomorrow (before I have to start paying to see him).
He will weigh me and take my measurements before giving me my final tally and I am so excited!
I know I've lost weight..heck just over 5 stone, but I want him to see the difference in me too!
No real reason for my thread, other than to share this with you and to ask that you keep your fingers crossed for me tomorrow!!
Thanks for reading!

Kerry-Ann
xx

hey kerry ann i would be excited too you have done a great job and a gastric band isn't any good if your not making the right choices yourself so i think you have done amazingly well XXXXXX fingers crossed for ya honey.

No wonder you're excited! I bet he will be chuffed with you...

As I am sure you are too!

Good luck :)

Well done on your loses. I know from a close friend that having a band isnt the easy option. It will make your consultants day to see such a success story! Enjoy your moment!

Thank you all for your words of encouragement.

No, the band definitely wasnt an easy option, but it was really the only way out for me. I love the SW plan, but if someone says that you can have unlimited amounts of something as its a "free food", to me that was a challenge!
Now I dont have that, my body now tells me when Im full, I now have limits and I know what I can and cant eat....roll on tomorrow!

Good luck and I have my fingers, legs and toes crossed.:)

Lol!!!

Thank you!

Well done, what a fabulous achievment in one year. And it is you that has achieved it , the band was just a tool help you along the way. You have had to learn to change your eating habbits and have done this. Well done for making the band work for you too. xx

I bet you can't wait to see the look on your consultant's face. You swank your way in there swinging your hips! :D

I've seen a dietician and my first follow up appointment was great. Not because he could actually tell I'd lost weight because he didn't really know me and had only seen me once before, but because of his face when he checked the scales and saw I'd lost almost 3 stone.

Take your camera, your consultants face will be a picture worth taking LOL.

Enjoy your success tomorrow!!

Aw... that's brilliant. That's going to be a moment you live again and again... your consultant is going to be so pleased with you!! I'm sure many people are given the same chances as you but don't take the responsibility for themself like you did. Your doctor will be so pleased to see that you accepted his help to get the ball rolling, but completed the rest of the journey on your own steam. You should be very proud of yourself!

Good on you girl! Sock it to him :happy036:

good luck for today, hope all gone ok for you, you have done so well xx

Back