OT - Tunisia

NO Iris! You are not allowed to go to Turkey!! :giggle:

Egypt ... my friend went and had a brilliant time! Nothing like that at all .. she went to sharm el shek (sp?) the only thing she mentioned about it was that she went to move a trolly with suitcases on and one of the bell boys shouted at her saying "women no work" :giggle:

:8855::8855:I do fancy Egypt as I would love to see the Pyramids and go down the Nile....nothing else..hahahaha.....
women no work..mm..could get used to that mind you!!

awww...I do love Turkey, but you know when you want to go away and have your hubby to yourself ;) rather than the whole of Turkey ;);)

But, watch this space,,,I bet you any money this is where we go in the end!!!!!

How about a cruise Iris ... River nile cruise! :)

I think you should deffo have him to yourself Iris! I'm not too sure about Egypt personally. I know a lot of people who've been but I don't know anyone who's been & not been ill while they were there. (except perhaps Tanya?:)) We've been toying with the idea because of the diving for John at Sharm el Sheik but always come back to the sickness thing. And we like to explore when we go anywhere and go to different resturants and things. The idea of all-inclusive would be our worst nightmare but most places like Sharm are mainly that and they don't recommend you go off anywhere on your own. Under those circumstances you could be anywhere because you're not getting out and about. However, if you just want the weather that doesn't really matter does it?

Mary's right about the Canaries. We went to Gran Canaria for our honeymoon in December '95. It was really weird walking round in shorts & t shirts when there were christmas trees everywhere! xx

I've not been to Egypt ..... :( I wish! lol
Jan is right though about it being all-inclusive and not going anywhere. Although my friend did trips through the travel company to see the pyramids etc

Egypt ... my friend went and had a brilliant time!

AH!!! I read that as 'my friend and I' .... dunno why :rolleyes:

Another thing I've just remembered - my son went on a conference there last year (he's a travel agent) and one of the other reps there - a girl, could tell the cleaners had been through her drawers, they'd moved her (ahem!) 'used' underwear to somewhere completely different and the most disconcerting thing was that they were all men doing it!! (No! women no work remember!)

Not that I'm trying to put anyone off or anything :p:D xx

Maldives............gotta be done!! Its the most beautiful place on earth and I would recommend this over anywhere. Its romantic, laid back, and the weather is fantastic in November.
Sharm el Sheik was fine when we went. We stayed B&B so ate out every evening and neither of us had the cairo quickstep!! Nightlife is really good there too. Good luck deciding!

Maldives............gotta be done!! Its the most beautiful place on earth and I would recommend this over anywhere. Its romantic, laid back, and the weather is fantastic in November.
Sharm el Sheik was fine when we went. We stayed B&B so ate out every evening and neither of us had the cairo quickstep!! Nightlife is really good there too. Good luck deciding!

Thanks Skinny! I do fancy Maldives, must admit!

Back