Other benefits of CD apart from weight-loss

Chelsea Lou

Gold Member
Something occurred to me this morning, whilst driving to work. My overall health has improved loads.

Since I've been doing CD I have not had a migraine, not even a headache. I have not had a cold, only the odd sneeze, which didn't amount to anything. My skin used to break out in these circular dry patches, on my upper arms and thighs, which I was told wasn't psoriasis nor eczema but some sort of allergy. I haven't had these break-outs for weeks now. So, question.........Is this because of all the nutritional benefits of CD packs? Is it because of no alcohol? Is it because of not eating food loaded with preservatives, pesticides etc? Or a combination of all three?

The great thing about my body now is that I have gone completely back to zero. Babyhood almost and it will be so easy to see what foods/drinks will trigger all these ailments.

Does anyone else have health issues that have cleared up on CD?

All this makes a mockery of the "CD is dangerous" bandwagon!!

I'm only four days in but am sleeping SO much better. I used to toss and turn all night and be ready for bed by 7 at night. Now I have tonnes of energy, and feel totally refreshed after 7 hours of good sleep!! Its such a long time since I last felt like this

Sleep has been a bit of an issue with me but I have had an awful lot going on which has stressed me out so it may be because of that and not CD. I would love to get in bed and knock out blissful zzzzzzzzzzzzz's for 8 hours :4633::4633::4633:

I know what you mean, before starting the diet I had headaches most days and migraines occasionally. Since starting the diet two weeks ago i think i've only had two headaches. I did drink a lot of diet coke before. I'm not sure whether it's getting the recommended vits&minerals that are in the packs, drinking a lot more water, not drinking diet coke, cutting out alcohol or a combination! Who knows but i'm not complaining!

i think the greatest benefit of CD for me is it takes you like you said back to square 1 so you can re adjust your relationship with food and thats been a massive learning curve for me. My over eating, and things like thinking i was hungry when i really wasnt, and having to eat everything on my plate and more, have all been addressed, and i actually believe that i can overcome them and start a new way of eating. :D

I'm sleeping really well and less. Before CD I was chronically fatigued and could easily sleep for 12-14 hours a day if left alone.

Now I feel less bloated, less tired and brighter generally.

I suffer with too much acid and acid reflux and have medication to deal with it, I havent taken my medication for 3 days now and noticed that I have no acid!!!!

I have lots more energy which I love...... went to the park the other day with my boys and I was running up and down slides and had so much fun....

I was one of these that ate out of boredom or if I was upset.. and it has just made me realise that you just dont need to.. We are always going to have ups and downs in life!! But food is not the answer!!!

hmmm the benefits - where do I start?!

I'm sleeping really well, alot more energy, have changed my relationship with food and emotional eating, I've discovered more about me as a person. My hair is in fab condition, same with my skin :)

Plus (sorry men) my periods have been a lot better! lighter and don't last as long - also, the pain is starting to not be unbearable. :D

I love it!! xxx
Amazing, all these extra benefits from doing CD. It almost makes you want to never eat food again. So much for "healthy diet" and "healthy eating". Sounds like a myth to me lol

I suffered terribly with what I thought was IBS, it really was down to the crap I was eating. I would go out for a meal and then come back and within minutes have to run to the loo. Long days out were a no no because i would have to stay close to the loo! Being on CD changed all that, I have no problems at all.

I sleep better, I sleep less hours and wake up feeling so much more refreshed. I dont fall asleep watching a movie anymore!

My periods are over with quicker.

My hair looks good, and I dont get as many spots.

CD is great!

Jacko, I'm with you - just the same, except my diet was good. My tum has settled down brilliantly and I hope that when I start eating again I can really do it carefully so as not to start IBS up again.

This diet is really good for me (after the initial few days). Granted I do feel more tired on it, but my hair growns, my skin is nice, and most of all it gives my stomach a break. I have suffered some stomach and bowel problems in the past and this gives my whole digestion system a break. My consultant said it was good for me and anything that made me feel better had to be good. I sometimes get the odd hunger headache and I sometimes get a bit snappy but that's becasue I am hungry. The only negative side effect I get, as mentioned before, is the constant itchiness on my legs. Raised bumps under my skin which keep me awake at night coz I can't stop scratching.

I have felt a great sense of peace since going on CD - I have been on so many diets that have meant I am 'at war' with myself all my waking hours, that its great to let the CD regime take the strain.

I have felt a great sense of peace since going on CD - I have been on so many diets that have meant I am 'at war' with myself all my waking hours, that its great to let the CD regime take the strain.
What a lovely side effect that is? I would be at peace with myself if I hadnt had so much s**t to sort out over the last few weeks lol!! Isn't this diet fab???

Well, that'll teach me!!! Woke up on Good Friday with the mother of all sore throats, no voice and a heavy cold. I have felt dog rough ever since and my CDC advised that I upped to 4 shakes or 3 and some protein, which I did. Consequently I only lost 1lb this week and feel a bit miffed about that.:badmood:

The first time I did CD (last year) I didn't get a cold, felt much better in myself. I also cut down on medication for acid reflux, the down side though was my sleep, I kept waking up at least 3 times a night and not always coz I needed the loo. Also I lost an awful amount of hair, just glad I had thick hair, it is growing back now, hope I don't loose anymore this time round.

After I came of CD I still took less medication for the acid, mainly I put down to not gaining any weight back and eating healthy.

my skin is fab, no colds or headaches (unless i have cheated, then my head pounds, my own fault not CD!)
My hair has been falling out quite a bit but is thick so ok ;)
I have always suffered with Sleep Apnea (hold my breath) anyway since i lost weight on CD this has stopped and i no longer snore ;)
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

my skin is fab, no colds or headaches (unless i have cheated, then my head pounds, my own fault not CD!)
My hair has been falling out quite a bit but is thick so ok ;)
I have always suffered with Sleep Apnea (hold my breath) anyway since i lost weight on CD this has stopped and i no longer snore ;)
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Wow, that is a result, sleep apnoea must be a nightmare........no pun intended :)

Since losing some of my weight my kids say that Ive stopped snoring they can only here my husband lol. I also haven't had any hot flushes.

I am on day 6 of SS and have noticed a change in my hair - it doesn't get anywhere near as greasy. Plus my complexion is clearer than it has been in a while. Though the downside of bad breath is taking some getting used to!

Back