Out of control

lenny79

Hi guys I started back up in ww classes 3weeks ago and I had a good week on my first the 2nd week was very bad(blaming all the chocolate fro Easter in my house) but I got back on track last Tuesday and decided to start over wrote every thing down didn't use my weeklies ate 26pp each day and walked for 30mins each day. Weigh in was today even had a sneak peak at scales at home yesterday and I was down about 3lbs. Then last night I got my kids to bed and my husband was at work I sat down to watch some tv as exhausted and began to eat I was in n out to kitchen I binged on cereal ice cream crisps bread in space of half hour I had ate about 50pp. The guilt I felt afterwards and now I just couldn't help myself. But this is a cycle that happens to me all the time I can do really good for few days or even weeks and then in one moment of madness I eat all around me. Now last night while I was doing this I was fighting with myself to stop but didn't. The fruit bowl was full but no I didn't want fruit all I wanted was sugar. I have weigh in tonight and I know that I'll sts after last night. How do I deal with this how do u all deal with this

The same thing happens to me too.I feel really bad afterwards,I find I just have to except I feel off the wagon and the next day get back on it.I always try to remember this isn't a diet that you just do for a couple of weeks,this is it,a life change.so don't beat yourself up for your mistakes,just keep at it.hope this helps,good luck x x

Thanks honeybee I guess that's all I can do is start afresh again today I'm so mad with myself tho and it seems to be every week I break out I'll never lose anything at this rate. I guess I need to re evaluate what I want more weigh loss or a binge once a week. I have holidays in a few weeks and I'm dreading having to wear shorts or skirts and it's getting me down now

Hi Lenny, I can completely sympathise!! I do the same too. And it's so frustrating. Do you have any idea what your triggers are? Are you bored? Were you actually hungry?
For me weighing myself in between weekly weigh ins is dangerous....as I give myself leeway to eat crap as a 'reward' for being down in the scales. I reward myself with food and it's a habit I'm trying to change....but is really difficult.
I try to schedule my exercise for the "difficult" times of the day that I know I might be tempted to have a binge...like night time. I find that trying to replace the behaviour with something else works for me. Also staying out of the kitchen for me is key. If I do go over (like I did a bit yesterday to be honest) then I get straight back on track the next day...no messing around. I have started to keep a journal at home of how things are going..and i write down how i feel after a binge, and try to rememeber that when im about to do it again. Most importantly when i start again the next day I try not to give myself a hard time.
I keep thinking that it doesn't matter how many times I fall down....it's the getting up again that will get me to goal.
Best of luck xx

Thanks sasser I exercised each morning before work, I work full time five days a week in office my work can get stressful I have an hour to travel to n from work each day then I have my two kids aged 2 and 4 who when I get home I cook n get them ready for bed n then I get lunches made dinners prepared n house cleaned before falling into bed. My husband worked late last night and once I got my kids to bed I just fell onto couch I was so tired. I ate well yesterday I wasn't hungry I had made a bolanaise pasta bake from scratch n had that with kids about 6.30pm and I had a decent portion made it with lean mince beef. My binge started at 8pm so I was hardly hungry. I usually try n keep busy. I don't usually weigh myself at home I keep our weighing scales in shed in garden not in bathroom. I was conscious of what I was doing as I was saying no n fighting with myself in kitchen any one would think I was gone mad. But this has become a habit for me. I don't k ow how I'm going to get around it

Sounds like you have an extremely busy day Lenny!! If it has been happening a bit lately...then it's got a pattern to it...and I reckon the only way of getting around it is to understand it/figure out why you are doing it. Everyone is different I suppose with triggers.
Mine is pure comfort...when I feel sorry for myself, or low on energy....or as a reward!! It's always food is my first impulse to go for. I realise that now...but it's still second nature for me to do it.

You sound like u must be exhausted after your very full day. Could you leave a few extra points I the end of the day for a treat if that's what you need? And find a way of sticking with just that amount. I know this is much more complicated in real life (as I have those battles with myself most evenings too) but....what would stop you going over?

I have old fat pictures that I think about when I'm teetering on the edge of a binge. I also have a wardrobe full of clothes I can't fit into. Is there anything that you know would stop you?

X

I have the same problem. Last night i had an ice cream, but thankfully i stopped there. Could have had about five though... easily... A doctor once told me "if you want to see results, there are times when you are just going to have to go hungry". But this he meant that fake hunger, when your body is not hungry but you think you are hungry. Every time i want to binge and stuff myself, I think of his words and sometimes it helps, sometimes it doesn't :(

I have the same problem, but mine is due to TOM, i want to eat everything i see, as soon as ive finished one thing, i looking for something else, i try not to let it bother me too much, as we all have a blip at times, and to be honest, i think it does good at times to have a few blips :)

A example of a trigger for me is when in pissed off... If my oh has really done my nut in for whatever reason and im
in a piss I seem to think '**** it' and eat anything I want ... I don't know why that triggers it.. But that seems to be one of mine ...

One of my worst times is the week before TOTM. I just want to eat and eat. Then I feel so guilty about it. I know I mainly sabotaging my weight loss but I can't seem to stop myself :(

Thanks for advice ya I think I've been out of routine for past 3 weeks I've bee off work few days as had surgery and then my 1 yr old was sick but look I think the one thing that stops me is my husband but he isn't always around not that he stops me eating but I don't tend to over eat. I've been good now the last day or two so I'll just try n get back on track try stay in control if I can! I find I'm craving sugar more than anything else lately thinking I may try cut it out completly

Ah thanks had mastectomy last yr and I had follow up surgery to replace expander implant 2 weeks ago still bit sore

Back