out of date food packs

bambam101

I went in to see my LLC friday to swap my soups with chilli (i cant get on wit the soups at all!).
On saturday I went to hae the chilli for lunch and it smelt horrible...went to taste it and i couldn't eat it. I thought it was strange because this is usually my favourite food pack and its gone within a few seconds!
I looked at the packet and the expiry was Oct 2010...so now. Went home and checked the rest of my chilli and they're all Oct 2010. This means I have 4 out of date packs that I can't eat...a whole days worth of food.
I have tried to ring my LLC on both numbers I have...I've tried emailing her too and the answer I got was an automated reply saying no one would be in the office until Tuesday (also the day of my meeting). So I can't get any more food.
Either I can't eat Tuesday or I have to substitute the packs with something else. What can I have a small amount of that will be ok to eat?

Thanks

Just a thought, is the expiry date USE BY or BEST BEFORE. If its BEST BEFORE it is safe to eat. However if it taste different and you don't want to eat it then why should you pay for OOD packs...I believe theyre not cheap

I'm sure they'll be exchanged without a problem, it's just unfortunate that you can't do that as soon as you need to.

Well, if you need to have something I'd suggest as low carbohydrate as you can get, like plain meats.

Ah no thats terrible! Id keep ringing her on her personal number. Is there anyway you can disguise the taste with tabasco sauce or pepper? just to mask the taste for now.

Back