Out of date LL foodpacks

AnaVK

Apologies if there's already a thread about this somewhere, I couldn't find anything 100% relevant to me online.

I also apologise in advance if this seems a little long-winded but I thought it best to give you a full background story.

I had been on LL for 6 months and lost almost 10 stone, unfortunately I ended up in hospital in February and was diagnosed with epilepsy so had to come off the diet. This led to me being in a serious pickle in terms of weight management and I eventually gained around 50lbs.

I'm finally in a position to start working on my weight loss again and thought I would give myself a kick-start by finishing my off the rest of my foodpacks (I have about 2 weeks spare) - some of them expired in April 2012 and I'm not sure where I stand in terms of consuming them. I know that some of the nutrients deteriorate after the expiration date and am prepared to accept the consequences of this, but was wondering if there were any major reasons to avoid using those packs?

Your help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you :)

Peronally I would use them. However, I'd have to ask whether it's worth it for 2 weeks. In the first week it'll be mainly water loss which you'll put on when you come off the packs and it'll take almost a week to get into ketosis.

Thank you! I considered this too, but I tried losing weight on my own by reducing my portion size and calorie intake whilst still eating a little bit of everything - obviously I increased my activity levels too.. This worked really well but due to my medication I was all over the place and it wasn't the best time to attempt it.

I think I just need a bit of a jump start to motivate me as I know I can lose at least a stone in that period and it'll help me continue on my own! Only one way to find out I suppose...

Congratulations on your weight-loss! You look fanatstic! :)

Thanks! If you want to carry on a bit longer on a VLCD then you could consider ordering from one of the online ones, such as Slim and Save.

I'll look into it! I hadn't heard of Slim and Save until now. Thank you :)

You're welcome. I suppliment LL with SnS packs (because they're really nice).

I ordered a sample pack yesterday and have had a vanilla shake so far and I'm impressed! Thank you very much. This will certainly come handy for my mum who's LLC recently retired! :)

hi there
i keep coming and going with LL and have packs dating back to Nov 2011 - they taste absolutely fine (soups and shakes)!
daisy

HI, I've got 2 weeks of out of date lighterlife, going to start it tomorrow too and then as groupon had a good deal in relation to Bigest Loser replacement plan I'm going to do that for 27 days (got many c oupons) and then see where I am, may do slim and save.!! Has anyone else put lighterlife and biggest loser plan together?

You have already had good advice, I just wanted to say well done on losing 10 stone - I know what an acheivement that was having done that myself. Its life changing, isnt it!! :) But, regrettably I too for various reasons put some weight back on which I am deling with now. Good luck whichever route you choose!!! :)

Back