Out of date porridge

Hazel115

I'm just restarting but have discovered that the 25 pks of porridge I had leftover expired 31/05! Has anyone eaten expired packs and lived to tell the tale??! I will assume if I don't get any replies that no one has tried it and not that they didn't live lol!
Hazel

I am sure the answer would be the same for Exante as for CWP as both are almost similar products in their makeup when it comes to containing vitamins, minerals, fats, oil, etc.

However it is probably best to send a quick email to Exante and you will most likely have a reply tomorrow sometime to put your mind at ease.

Powders

The vitamins and minerals start to deteriorate.
The flavour changes and will start to taste stale.
The fats, essential fats are added, sunflower oil is added, and the soya flour contains fat these are the elements that become rancid.

http://www.minimins.com/cambridge-diet-faq-general-information/26528-out-date-stock.html

Hope that helps:)

Thanks mini, as they taste a bit rank anyway not sure I would tell if they were rancid or not lol. I'll email exante.
Hazel x

I had a banana shake that was only 2months out of date, didn't notice, and when I tried it it was horrible! Didn't taste like banana atall, put me off the banana shakes for awhile after that lol!

They should be fine for months after the 'best before' date, but it also depends on how they are stored even though they are sealed. It is only when products have a 'use by' date that you should be careful.

Back