out of date shakes???

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Sambucca, 20 November 2007 Social URL.

1. Sambucca

Sambucca Gold Member

Start Weight:
    20st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    9st0lb(43.9%)
    Diet:
    Gastric BYpass
    Hi Girls

I am following WW at the mo, but to give my weight loss a bit of a kick, I came up with the bright idea of using up my leftover CD shakes for breakfast each day ( I have about 15/16 of them left)

Problem is, that they went out of date on 31st Oct.

Im reluctant to throw them away due to the cost, and i am not following SS so nutrition is not too much of a worry for me. I guess I just want someone to reassure me that they wont make me ill!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Mrs V

Mrs V Loves Life!

Start Weight:
    21st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    9st2lb(42.52%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi Sam...
    I'm not 100% sure, but I read somewhere that the nutritional value of the shakes decrease when the packs expire. So you could be taking in even less calories than you thought.
    I'm sure a CDC will confirm if I am right or not though!

You only have 19lbs left to go! Don't go mixing the diets, as this could do you more harm than good.

Sorry to waffle, but I didn't want to ignore your post!!

Kerry-Ann
    xx

4. flirty40greeneyes

flirty40greeneyes Busy busy busy!!

Start Weight:
    15st3lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(9.39%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
    If I was you I'd use them Sam - obviously wouldn't recommend to someone using them for sole or main nutrition as vitamins might have expired - but as you are only using them for breakfast you'l be fine.

The only ones I would not recommend is tetras - as they are awful when they have gone off!

5. CW Consultant

CW Consultant Gold Member

The head of production at CD told me when I visited the factory that out of date packs should not be used as apart from losing vitamin and mineral content the skimmed milk powder can go rancid.

You would probably be okay within a couple of weeks out of date but no more than that.

As CDC's we are not even allowed to give packs away as free samples once the bbf date has expired.

Linda

6. Sambucca

Sambucca Gold Member

Start Weight:
    20st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    9st0lb(43.9%)
    Diet:
    Gastric BYpass
    thanks guys.

they are only a couple of weeks out of date so I'll try them. Seems a shame to waste them.

7. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

wl8s, you are right to have them in my opinion. It isn't like the packs have some innate knowledge that the magic date has arrived and suddenly lose their vitamins etc. a couple of weeks past the date is fine.

8. CW Consultant

CW Consultant Gold Member

Just be careful as they are skimmed milk based and if this does go off you could get an upset stomach. If they taste in any way odd bin them. Its more the fat content of the milk going rancid than reduction in vits that concerns me.

9. sazzy34

sazzy34 Gold Member

Diet:
    cambridge diet / weight watchers
    Where I work we are able to sell items at a reduced cost if they say "Best before" but if they say "use by" a certain date we have to throw them away the day before.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.