Out of interest, can you get your own design of wedding dress done?

PurpleButterfly

16lb to go!
Ok randomly yesterday this beautiful wedding dress design popped into my head, so I sketched it on paper. (looks just as beautiful on paper!)

I was just interested to know if you can actually get your own design of dress made? And is it more/less expensive?

Just for the record, I'm not getting married or anything it's just curiosity really!

Hey holiday maker! Just found your thread, sorry it's a bit late :)

My dress has been made entirely from scratch, so yes, it can be done. If you're making it yourself (or enlisting helpful inlaws, say) then it's loooooooooads cheaper! So far my dress and 6 bridesmaids dresses has cost about £350. The dress I took inspiration from was £850! If you're getting an actual dressmaker, then it'll way more, but after my future MIL, SIL and I have worked on mine, I'd say making it yourself can most certainly be done!

Bron

ive ordered my maid of honour dress off ebay from a Hong kong factory, i changed it quite abit and it was very well priced, hopefully it will be here in 3 weeks, my maid of honour is overweight so having it custom made was the only way because of her shape.

Those dresses from china are so cheap on ebay! Has anyone ordered one and had it arrive?

I'm not getting married, just a bit fascinated with these. My mate ordered a shirt from one of those shops and it never arrived. It worried me how they can make the dresses for that amount of money.

Back