Out of interest?

Treats

Silver Member
Was just wondering....

How many of you who are on the SW are exercising as well?

How often and what form?

Was just something I was thinking about when I was writing my blog and thought... I would be interested to know what everyone does and their views on it.

I don't really do any exercise, I have arthritis in my feet which makes it rather painful but I need to start doing some toning up soon.

Hey , I dont go to the gym or anything but i go on my wii fit at home maybe 4 times a week , its great fun and doesnt feel like exercising but u sure feel it the next day! xx

Hi I go to the gym about 3 times a week for an hour and also do tap dance on a weekend. I have about 2 and 1/2 stone to lose and I'm finding that it is really helping with the way I look (toning legs and arms etc), however, it is not necessarily helping with weight loss.

Hi, I've always been a bit of an exercise dodger really! I lost 2 1/2 stone on WW 5 years ago and apart from a half hour walk most days I didn't exercise. At the moment I can't exercise (small 'womens' op 3 weeks ago) but I had started horse riding for an hour a week and walking the dog half an hour a day a few months before that and although I'm not sure it helped weight loss (but I wasn't 100% on plan) it was definitely making a difference to my body shape - toning thighs especially and I felt I had more energy too. So I will be making the effort to get back to horse riding and walking the dog every day just coz it made me feel better. I guess it depends how quickly you want to lose weight, you can lose weight without exercise but even a small increase in exercise will burn more calories. Sorry, I think I've waffled on a bit there!! I'd love to start swimming again, but am too embarrassed about my thighs they are huge and cellulitey and I would just want to hide if I saw anyone I knew!! Any tips how to overcome this anyone? :eek:

Hi, I've always been a bit of an exercise dodger really! I lost 2 1/2 stone on WW 5 years ago and apart from a half hour walk most days I didn't exercise. At the moment I can't exercise (small 'womens' op 3 weeks ago) but I had started horse riding for an hour a week and walking the dog half an hour a day a few months before that and although I'm not sure it helped weight loss (but I wasn't 100% on plan) it was definitely making a difference to my body shape - toning thighs especially and I felt I had more energy too. So I will be making the effort to get back to horse riding and walking the dog every day just coz it made me feel better. I guess it depends how quickly you want to lose weight, you can lose weight without exercise but even a small increase in exercise will burn more calories. Sorry, I think I've waffled on a bit there!! I'd love to start swimming again, but am too embarrassed about my thighs they are huge and cellulitey and I would just want to hide if I saw anyone I knew!! Any tips how to overcome this anyone? :eek:

It is so great to hear how everyone feels towards exercise.

Tiny have you thought about tanning... if you for example St tropez tanned.. we all look better with a tan.. when we are tanned we appear to be smaller as with all make up worn... dark colours appear to recede any area that it is put and lighter ones bring the area to the fore front.

Go get yourself a bottle and throw your costume on and tan away.. do all the areas that are going to be seen and once you have been a couple of times you will have got over that phobia as I am sure you are really a beautiful person and you are there for a reason... if the others are staring then I am sorry but they are very shallow and not there for the right reasons.

Swimming is so good for us.. it supports the body when we have ailments that restrict any form of exercise. We use muscles that we don't normally use and it is such fun!!

I think even a little exercise a day be it a walk.. bit of gardening or actual dvd or something like will help tone the body and improve the mind as we progress along our journey.

Also a tip.. massage is also very good to improve muscle tone and help remove toxins from the body... so if you have a local college .. go check out to see if they run beauty courses and when they are running book yourself in for a treatment. Not only will you get it cheaper than a salon but they will be so attentive you will come out feeling great at half the cost and good for you mentally as well as physically!

Oh :eek: ok I will shut up now haha!! Looking forward to hearing about others exercise routines if any.

I do 5 hours of martial arts per week but I didn't start that until i'd lost 3 stone

Thanks Treats! I have thought about tanning before yes, but I'm too scared to try it in case it goes all streaky haha! I know people wouldn't be looking but I'm so self-conscious I just think they are! I think I have a touch of social phobia actually, I hate going to the shop if I don't feel at my best in case I see people I know, that probably sounds strange but I've always been very shy and don't know what to say to people! It's held me back in my life quite a lot but I'm not sure how I can change it, guess it's just how I am! I would love a massage but again would hate a stranger touching me :eek: Bet you all think I'm strange now.

Thanks Treats! I have thought about tanning before yes, but I'm too scared to try it in case it goes all streaky haha! I know people wouldn't be looking but I'm so self-conscious I just think they are! I think I have a touch of social phobia actually, I hate going to the shop if I don't feel at my best in case I see people I know, that probably sounds strange but I've always been very shy and don't know what to say to people! It's held me back in my life quite a lot but I'm not sure how I can change it, guess it's just how I am! I would love a massage but again would hate a stranger touching me :eek: Bet you all think I'm strange now.

You're not alone chick - i'm EXACTLY the same :eek:

Hey Tiny

I do not think you are strange or odd in any way or form... My profession is a Beauty/Holistic Therapist, Nail Tech, Masseuse, NVQ Assessor, Teacher, Course Writer blah blah... and I have met many people in my life... including myself who feel how you do.

You are a unique person and that is what makes you and everyone else so special.

I am not the normal run of the mill person and to be honest I am rather pleased that I am not.... I do question things. (might see in other posts lol) but it is out of interest not malice... as you and I like many others always think people may be staring.

You are right .. they aren't... as they are far too worried about themselves to look at others... you take even the slimmest of ladies.. they too have hangups like us. Even the so called hunky men...

Let me tell you Tiny.. if you went for a massage.. after the intial fear you would love it... if you go to a good college.. you will be completely covered and the only area exposed is the area they are working on at the time. You will have your own modesty towel and hopefully given your own gown to go from a to b.

I say St Tropez tanning as I am also trained in this and I have yet to find anyone that streaks as it contains a brown colouring that allows you to see exactly where it has been put.. so if you see skin gently swipe the product over the bare area and hey presto done, also with this.. you could put the whole bottle on to one area and you will only tan to one strength so no worry at all about being darker in one area than another.... just don't forget to exfoliate .. especially dry areas... but if you really do want me to help you with application then email me and I will send you some hints and tips that I have typed up from one of my classes :)

Give it a go.. it will boost your confidence and you never know.. you may love it lol.

I always say... why reward youself with chocolate.. why not a new lippy or a beauty treatment.. that will last far long and boost your confidence more! Ok some are not cheap... but as I said go to a college you will get it cheaper.

Oh an as you may see I do chat away lol..

i dont tan much because i find its alot of upkeep that i cant be botherd with but i will do it when im going out and even the next day when i feel like crap i think the tan makes me look so much better!! i would love to be able to afford proffesional ones all the time cause it makes me feel more attractive.

i dont exercise apart from walking really. i would love to do a class so that im with other people but dont know what id like to do. would probably help me out alot tho

I have recently started to go swimming and have finally managed to persuade some friends to go to play badminton. I have wanted to do it for ages - not so much to lose weight but rather I am afraid that like some of our parents that one day I will go to run round the corner or take my kids swimming etc and simply not be able to do it. I guess I've got the use it or lose it attitude. Does that make sense - or am I being stupid?

I guess any weight loss benefits are welcomed, but I am not convinced that 2 lots of excercise a week will make too much difference to that.

Does anyone have any stats on the loses to expect for doing certain exercises? I know it will largely be concerned with how small/big a person is, age etc. But still is there a guide?:p

I guess any weight loss benefits are welcomed, but I am not convinced that 2 lots of excercise a week will make too much difference to that.
i think any extra exercise from what you was doing before makes a difference!! aslong as you keep it up

i think any extra exercise from what you was doing before makes a difference!! aslong as you keep it up

I have to agree with you there Charisma.. but we all have different ideas of exercise.. and any is good for us.

I don't mind getting hot and bothered but I can't do anything that contains jumping up and down due to my bad back... but I do go on my cross trainer everyday and if not that then I do the Core Rhythms workout.

I think you can get addicted... odd isn't it.. I can do the above ... but walking is rather hard for any distance.. but thats the back for you lol....

Back