Out with the Bridget Jones pants in into my old size 12 Jeans......

Well Done. You can put your details (if you want) under user CP.

The things you said in your first post (height, starting weight, goal weight, diet, etc.).

And, after 50 posts (I think) you can add an avatar, and get more signature space.

MM

Well today is the day before my CD journy. I am at the inlaws this weekend for a 2nd xmas as we werein Australia and didnt get the chance to see everyone. The smells from the kitchen are amazing and making me feel very hungry. This is also making me wonder what it is going to be like tomorrow!! I have decided to keep myself busy and am going to take the dogs out for a long 3hr walk and then we have to drive back to London from Manchester. Wish me luck guys and girls. I can't wait to get started.

I don't know if it is too soon to start giving myself some goals as i have not conquered day1 yet but I am soo excited I am going to anyway.

Goal 1 = Get through day 1
Goal 2 = Get into kitosis and not freak out if I feel side effects etc!
Goal 3 = Stick to it until my 1st weigh in on the 21/02/11. I will be so happy if I drop 5lbs and get into the 11's again! Who knows, maybe even abit more :).

Anyway, I am going to need you all! Hope your doing well and having a good day.

xxxx

Hi CP --

Giving yourself mini-targets (that are reasonable) is a great idea.

I joined a couple of challenges and even though I was overly optomistic (and did not meet my January challenge goal and will not meet my Valentine's Day Challenge), I did make progress.

I chose what I hope is a doable goal for my end of February target, and I think that I can still make my goal weight by the date I have chosen. BUT... if not, I will certainly be closer than I am now.

I have also chosen some "rewards" for making targets. I have a spa day booked for the 15th because I am fairly certain that I will make my next mini-target (getting back into the 10s). I have also purchased some Tone Ups sandals and those will be my next mini-goal reward.

Remember to drink your water: slow and steady all day long. The more you drink the more you shrink!

Keep us posted on your progress. And, I hope you have a safe and pleasant journey home.

MinnieMel

Im sat in the front room with a full belly of buffet food from todays family gathering and I am actually looking forward to starting tomorrow. I am going to have Apple and cinemon porridge for breakfast, potato and leek soup for lunch and a strawberry milkshake for dinner.....along with my 200mls of skimmed milk for tea and coffee for the day....and of course LOADS of h20 :).

I hope this diet works for me and works fast. I am feeling 100% committed and hope I dont have mini weight losses!

Cheers Felix. Saying that, I never let myself get hungry, let alone feel starving lol!! I have normally mentally planned my days meals before I have got out of bed for work!! Will be on here ALOT tomorrow as I am sure I will need you all. I have to get past a day of questions tomorrow when I am offered food and I decline!
x

Hi ChelleryPickle,

You could try splitting your shakes into two and then having smaller shakes more often -- and using the water flavourings also helps me with any hunger pains. And, bullion (low sodium) is also good.

Good Luck -- and congrats for getting started.

MM

Good luck chellerypickle. The tips and advice you've been given is fab... it's made me ever more determined.. Thank you ladies xx

ChelleryPickle said:
Hello there all,

My name is Chelle, I'm 23, 5.4 and 12.7 stone. My aim is to get to 10stone something...which I can't even imagine! I have always had a weight problem. I think it stems from being really poor as a child and never having any nice food in the house, i.e Ham, cheese, biscuits etc....So as my circumstances changed and I got a job as a 15 year old I would treat myself with lots of nice things that I never had and could now afford...chocolate, crisps, cakes.Basically all the nice things that mum couldnt afford to give us. The thing is, not only did I/do I treat myself but I sort of can't stop until I have had it ALL because I'm worried I wont get it again.....I think thats the bit that has caused me to always be abit fat! Does this make sense?? haha...probably not!

Anyway, over the years I have always hovered between 11 and 12.7 stone and have never been confident with my body although I am happy and confident in myself. I have lost a few pounds here and there with slimming world but this time round it is just not doing it for me. I want results now that I can work on maintaining.

I am starting CD on Sunday 13th...wooohoo. I am very nervous as I can't imagine not eating solid food or going hungrey....as I said earlier, its a fear I have so this is really going to teach me a thing or two about myself!!

Any advice and words of wisdom muchly appreciated. I am going to use this a diary to keep myself on track, make fellow CD freinds and give/recieve support. I look forward to chatting to you all!

Right, my first goal is to get through Day1, Sunday 13th! Will let you know how I get on.

Cheerio for now

Chelle,

x:)

Hello chelle hope day one goes good for you keep strong u will get there this time next week u will be on a high
Good luck if ya wanna chat we are here!!!
Take care and good luck again
Luv Sharon xxx

Hi ChelleryPickle,

You could try splitting your shakes into two and then having smaller shakes more often -- and using the water flavourings also helps me with any hunger pains. And, bullion (low sodium) is also good.

Good Luck -- and congrats for getting started.

MM

Hey, I will defo try that!! Have just had a plain porridge with a sprinkle of cinnemon and nutmeg in....I have to say it was not quite what I was expecting, to put it lightly!! And this is coming from a women who would eat absolutely anything!!! lol.

Anyway, please could you tell me what Bullion is? xx

Hey, just wanted too wish you luck for today :)
I'm sure you will do great!! I'm rooting for ya :)

As for the porridge, I can't stand that stuff!! I have 2 shakes and a bar everyday. Didn't like any of the soups either! They were like dishwater, not like any soup I have ever seen!! Haha :-D

Hope you have a great day xxx

Hey, I will defo try that!! Have just had a plain porridge with a sprinkle of cinnemon and nutmeg in....I have to say it was not quite what I was expecting, to put it lightly!! And this is coming from a women who would eat absolutely anything!!! lol.

Anyway, please could you tell me what Bullion is? xx

Hi, Not sure I think maybe MM is referring to the savory veg hot water flavouring you can get from your cdc. The porridge is handy if you run out of wall paper paste in my opinion lol...rank! xxx

Cheers ladies!! The funny thing about the porridge is that I am at my mother in laws and she was questioning why I brought my own porridge to their house. I said "I just love the stuff"....then had abit of a shock as it came out the microwave and then I had to force it down my throat pretending I loved it! Jesus! lol x

Cheers ladies!! The funny thing about the porridge is that I am at my mother in laws and she was questioning why I brought my own porridge to their house. I said "I just love the stuff"....then had abit of a shock as it came out the microwave and then I had to force it down my throat pretending I loved it! Jesus! lol x

Lol this is hilarious I cant imagine trying to pretend my way through a porridge x

Right...I am having trouble putting a profile pic up! I'm sure im doing it right....grr! Have I got to be a member for a while b4 i can? Maybe im choosing pics that are too big or something? N e ideas? x

Right...I am having trouble putting a profile pic up! I'm sure im doing it right....grr! Have I got to be a member for a while b4 i can? Maybe im choosing pics that are too big or something? N e ideas? x

An avitar is the picture that displays next to your posts (eg like mine) I was able to do that straight away. Not sure on the profile pic hun x

ChelleryPickle said:

Firstly lmao about the porridge at my parents etc that made me laff I like the maple and pecan and I use more water so it's nice consistency!!! :)

As for avatar I think if ya done 50 posts ya should be ok ask minimel!!!
Have good Sunday chick xxxx

Good Luck CP!

Hi CP --

The avatar is probably what you are trying to do. There is a tutorial. You can also add a photo to your signature, as I did.:confused:

You can buy low sodium stock flavouring (bullion cubes) like OXO. But stick with low sodium. It has about 10 calories a cup -- and it really helps when you are feeling hungry.:)

I could not tolerate the texture of CD porridge. I am using another variety -- that has similar carbs/protein/nutrition. But, i am considering going to using regular oats, and splenda brown sugar and bit of cinnamon and making it from scratch. I like the "rougher" texture. The CD stuff was like wallpaper paste. YUCK!:eek:

I love the Oriental Chilli soup. And the Chicken and mushroom is okay -- with freshly cracked pepper. You can add seasonings to them-- just watch the sodium.:eek:

Also, see if you can get some mix-a-mousse from your cdc. Turning a shake into a mousse is very filling and I love almost all the skakes made up this way.:D

Be sure to drink your water steadily through out the day: The More You Drink the More You Shrink! I've not been very good about the water this week and my losses were not great.:sigh:

Good Luck -- you can do this. The first week will be difficult, but once you have made it into ketosis and have a routine that works for you... it will be much better and you should start feeling energised!

MinnieMel

Minniemel, You are fab!!!! You should be a CDC! lol. Do I have to wait until I can use the mousse and the water flavourings? Im sure thats what my CDC said?? Hows your day going? x

lmao at pretending to love the porridge. What flav was it?? i love..i mean lurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrv the maple peacan porridge... am seeing cdc 2mrw and will be stocking up on them...might try apple n cin too. xxx

Back