Out with the Bridget Jones pants in into my old size 12 Jeans......

mrschatterbox said:
lmao at pretending to love the porridge. What flav was it?? i love..i mean lurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrv the maple peacan porridge... am seeing cdc 2mrw and will be stocking up on them...might try apple n cin too. xxx

Mrs chatter I am with u I lurrrrrvvveeee that one!!! I like apple and cin but not as much x

ChelleryPickle said:
Minniemel, You are fab!!!! You should be a CDC! lol. Do I have to wait until I can use the mousse and the water flavourings? Im sure thats what my CDC said?? Hows your day going? x

Water flavouring I think 2nd 3rd week they are good to help with the extra fluid I have to say!!! Love the mousse but there is a knack so be warned huni xx

It was the plain but I put cinemon and nutmeg in it. It was soo salty! Anyway, will try the Apple and cinemon for breakfast tomorrow....if not I am going to be swapping all of them! Luckily my CDC lives opposite me....which is another reason to not fail and have the shame of seeing her every day lol!

ChelleryPickle said:
It was the plain but I put cinemon and nutmeg in it. It was soo salty! Anyway, will try the Apple and cinemon for breakfast tomorrow....if not I am going to be swapping all of them! Luckily my CDC lives opposite me....which is another reason to not fail and have the shame of seeing her every day lol!

Wow that is really lucky for you hopefully that will keep u motivated!!!! Yeah try the porridge without anything then just add bits if u need to xx

Hiya,

Hope today is going well for you, I start on wednesday and am glad that I've found other people on here who have just started too!! Best of luck to you and keep us all posted :) x

Thanks CP --

My day is going okay, thanks for asking. I am being rather lazy, but I'll pick up the pace in a bit.

I was trying to reach my CFF (cheese fiend friend) -- she is the one who is kind of doing CD with me (she is not really committed, yet and is doing an Atkins/CD/? mix). She is a very big person (height, build and now weight), so she is losing -- but I have been trying to get her to add in exercise.

I always call and ask her to come with me to AF (Aquafit -- I went 2 times this week), walk (I have not done much this week), and I have invited her the past 3 weeks to the RC (Rosemary Conley) Zumba Class.

It's not happening... but she needs to do the walking at a minimum because she signed up to a half marathon walk in May for the Breast Cancer Awareness.

A whole group of ladies all signed up and paid the 50 pounds at the same time, but only a few of them are actually walking for readiness. She asked me to sign up but I said, "I'll sponsor you -- I am not committing to walking in the middle of the night during allergy season." I do not like to commit to things that I might not be able to follow through on, and I have allergy triggered asthma.

Here's my exercise advice for you -- as you are just starting CD. Exercise will make you more hungry, so do what you have been doing but nothing more atm.

Then, after you are in ketosis (you can purchase ketostix from Tescos pharmacy for 5 pounds for 50, I think), then start by walking. I love my pedometer -- and it'll help you keep track.

Wear good, stable shoes (I have some Sketchers Shape Ups and they seem to really help tone) -- and try to make it interesting for yourself.

Start out walking a mile or two every day, be consistent if possible. Build it up. A good goal is to be able to walk 2 miles in 30 minutes.

It'll "up your metabolism" and help you burn what you consume, so try to do it before lunch.

As you get used to being on CD, then you can add some more fitness in your routine. I found that adding a class every three weeks works for me.

So, I am now up to three classes a week (and that is going to be my lifetime commitment level, I hope). I am trying to go Monday night, Wednesday day and Saturday morning. I need the muscle recovery time.

This week I did not go to a Wednesday morning class, so I made myself go to a Thursday evening Aquafit. I was still sore on Saturday when I went to Zumba (adn found it a bit painful). I am hoping that I can recover by Monday night for Aquafit. (It is my arms that are hurting. I have very poor upper body strength.)

One of the reasons CFF is not walking is that she went out two weeks ago and did a very fast 6 mile walk with someone who has been walking- and was in pain for days. Still is a bit, I think. Better to build up and not risk injury or burn out.

I hope you have a good first day and stay positive.

MM

Snap MM, I am having a lazy day soo far too!! Still in my p.js infact lol. As far as exercise is concerned. Im reasonably fit as I am in the RAF. I run 4-6k 2-3 times a week and do spinning classes when i get the time. "Why are you overweight" I hear you ask lol?? Well my body quite happily sits between 12stone and 12stone 7. At this weight I am between a size 12-14 but I feel huge and unhappy with my body. I can eat what I want etc and just settle at this weight without getting any bigger but its not what I want so I am constantly fighting against it. I am giving my normal exercise regime a miss as I dont want to risk any extra side effects before I get into kitosis. Once I start feeling energised etc I am going to try and go back gentley to my normal routene as I have a 10k race on the 6th of March. i ahve spoken to my consultant about going up a few stages of the plan for this. We shall see how I get on and take it from there.

Am soo excited to have started this!

p.s....Im saying this as my husband has made rounds of bacon sarnies for himself and his mum. I hate that smell, really turns my stomach....hmmmmm!! (I shall just keep telling myself that lol)

Well Yesterday was my first day on CD and was 100%!! I spent the day at my mother in-laws and resisted food all day....I managed this by coming on this forum and reading everyones diaries! All of the stuff I read on here makes me feel I can DO IT :). So heres to another 100% and being closer to being in the 11's club! I am already counting down the days till my first weigh in on the 21/02/11 :).

Hope you all have a fab day.

xxxx

Morning Chelle,

Congrats on making it through your first day!

It might get a little harder, and then after you are in ketosis, it should get a bit better.

I hope that you and your OH have a Happy Valentine's Day.

MM

Morning Chelle,

Congrats on making it through your first day!

It might get a little harder, and then after you are in ketosis, it should get a bit better.

I hope that you and your OH have a Happy Valentine's Day.

MM

Thanks MM, you really are full of fab advice!! (which is much better than being full of food lol). I have just had my second try of a porridge, this time its the apple and cinemon one....VAST inprovement to yesterdays horrid excuse for a porridge lol!

Hows your day going??
xx

good luck! i started 3 weeks ago and so far so good. it gets easier after a few days. hows your first two days been? in the first week i got headaches. but other than that everything was fine. i dont even think about food anymore. xx

ChelleryPickle said:
Well Yesterday was my first day on CD and was 100%!! I spent the day at my mother in-laws and resisted food all day....I managed this by coming on this forum and reading everyones diaries! All of the stuff I read on here makes me feel I can DO IT :). So heres to another 100% and being closer to being in the 11's club! I am already counting down the days till my first weigh in on the 21/02/11 :).

Hope you all have a fab day.

xxxx

Hello chelle well done on getting through first day u sound so motivated I just know u will be fine have a lovely valentines day and 2nd day SSing
Speak soon
Sharon xxxxx

good luck! i started 3 weeks ago and so far so good. it gets easier after a few days. hows your first two days been? in the first week i got headaches. but other than that everything was fine. i dont even think about food anymore. xx

Hey there, thanks for your post! Day 2 is going really well. I ended up working over lunch so had to wait until 4pm for my second pack....that was hard and I was starting to get abit ticked off! Im going to get glugging on the old h20 as I have only had about 4 pints so far today. I'm quite shocked but the mini bowl of soup I just had has filled me up...whats going on lol??

How have your first 3 weeks been? Tell me all :) x x

Hello chelle well done on getting through first day u sound so motivated I just know u will be fine have a lovely valentines day and 2nd day SSing
Speak soon
Sharon xxxxx

Thanks so much Sharon. I don't know where all this motivation has come from...I think something clicked inside and my body/mind said "enough is enough, lets loose some weight thats holding me down in the life". So here I am lol! Hows it going for you?

xx

How do you when you are in kitosis??? Can anyone fill me in all its wonders?

Chelle

xxx

ChelleryPickle said:
Thanks so much Sharon. I don't know where all this motivation has come from...I think something clicked inside and my body/mind said "enough is enough, lets loose some weight thats holding me down in the life". So here I am lol! Hows it going for you?

xx

Your right that is when it all starts to happen enough is enough!!!! I am doing really good gonna sort kids tea out soon then have bath with hot shake not putting shake in bath hahahahaha I am great really tomorrow weigh in so that will keep me motivated then hopefully nice loss and that will give me another week lol roundabout springs to mind :D xxxx

Your right that is when it all starts to happen enough is enough!!!! I am doing really good gonna sort kids tea out soon then have bath with hot shake not putting shake in bath hahahahaha I am great really tomorrow weigh in so that will keep me motivated then hopefully nice loss and that will give me another week lol roundabout springs to mind :D xxxx

You must let me know how u get on!! I admired you for having to make your childrens teas....I can't go anywhere near food or else I will fail! Have had to send hubby to supermarket to get his shopping as I can't bare to go near it all! No doubt whatever he brings home will cost twice the amount it would if I had gone lol! Us ladies are awaqys the bargain hunters!

x

You must let me know how u get on!! I admired you for having to make your childrens teas....I can't go anywhere near food or else I will fail! Have had to send hubby to supermarket to get his shopping as I can't bare to go near it all! No doubt whatever he brings home will cost twice the amount it would if I had gone lol! Us ladies are awaqys the bargain hunters!

Hello you!!! well it is pizza tonight not doing anything else :eek:
that is fine and dandy when while they eating i will have bath and shake............tonight is biggest loser then tomorrow is biggest loser usa......they keep me going, as for other half doing shopping oh well least you dont have to stand and watch all the luscious stuff he puts in the trolley! :eek:
luv sharon xxx

Hello you!!! well it is pizza tonight not doing anything else :eek:
that is fine and dandy when while they eating i will have bath and shake............tonight is biggest loser then tomorrow is biggest loser usa......they keep me going, as for other half doing shopping oh well least you dont have to stand and watch all the luscious stuff he puts in the trolley! :eek:
luv sharon xxx

That is very true lol!! What channel/time is the biggest looser on? Maybe il try watching it for some thinspiration lol! x x

ChelleryPickle said:
That is very true lol!! What channel/time is the biggest looser on? Maybe il try watching it for some thinspiration lol! x x

9pm itv1 and livingit tomorrow is the USA version 9 I think I series link them all hahahaha and too fat for 15 is on watch weds 8pm xxx yeah def thinspiration :) xxx

Back