Out with the Bridget Jones pants in into my old size 12 Jeans......

Hey CP

Hope day 2 is continuing to go well for you.. you sound like you have got your head in the right place. Keep reminding yourself that this is a choice,.. that you are not "depriving yourself" .. you are choosing one type of food over another etc. .. it all helps.... believe you can and you will as they say. And as I have discovered to my peril believing in yourself may be something you are not used to doing so you have to actively remind yourself to do it on a day to day basis (sometimes hour to hour or minute to minute!).

As for ketosis...

In the first few days you might get a headache from carb and/or caffeine withdrawal but it's usually not debilitating.
A simple tablet for headaches, for example paracetamol, taken for a day or two can help the problem. It can also be caused by dehydration so make sure you are getting the water in.

You might also feel dizzy for a day or so
. It is often caused by the diuretic effect that accompanies any low calorie diet. During the first few days of the diet, the body will excrete a considerable amount of water, which then requires readjustment of the fluid content of different parts of the body. This is why you are advised to avoid intense exercise those first few days.

Once this initial phase has passed the usual only side effect of ketosis is breath like a minger due to the ketones in the bloodstream coming out on the breath ;) Listerine strips are good and brush your tongue as well as your teeth as we are not "chewing" this means our mouth doesn't self clean as much. I now carry a little fold up toothbrush and toothpaste in my handbag.

hmmm.. not sure what happened to my font in that last post... laptop must have gremlins! lol

Funny you should mention about the breath GG! I was sat next to my friend at work and he asked me if I had farted...when I said no he didnt believe me! Surely my breath could not of been that bad? What are the listerine strips? Hows your day been>?

xxx

Today .. so far has been a good day thanks. I'm working on the self-belief thing at the moment...telling myself over and over again I can do this .. as they say "fake it, till you make it" :)

Listerine Strips | Listerine® PocketPaks® Mint Breath Strips | Buy Bulk Listerine Strips are like little edible paper things that melt on your tongue and freshen your breath. You used to be able to buy them in Boots etc but think you can only get them online .. they sell them on ebay and amazon I think.

Some people chew gum but that can be a bad idea cos it gets your stomach acids going without giving them anything to work on.. that can lead to ulcers etc over time.

Also chewing stimulates the hunger centre of the brain for about 20 minutes so can make abstaining from food harder.

Today .. so far has been a good day thanks. I'm working on the self-belief thing at the moment...telling myself over and over again I can do this .. as they say "fake it, till you make it" :)

Listerine Strips | Listerine® PocketPaks® Mint Breath Strips | Buy Bulk Listerine Strips are like little edible paper things that melt on your tongue and freshen your breath. You used to be able to buy them in Boots etc but think you can only get them online .. they sell them on ebay and amazon I think.

Some people chew gum but that can be a bad idea cos it gets your stomach acids going without giving them anything to work on.. that can lead to ulcers etc over time.

Also chewing stimulates the hunger centre of the brain for about 20 minutes so can make abstaining from food harder.

Thanks for all of this!! I will stick away from the chewign gum then!! Hope you had a lovely evening, will catch up with you tomorrow x

Right, day 2 down and dusted. Am very proud of myself as I really expected to find it harder. Maybe this is because the option of food is out of the equation!? I really have noticed that I have such a bad habit for snacking.I almost went to the fridge by habit soo many times. I found mysef then questioning whether or not I was hungry and suprise suprise I was'nt. I have felt a little fuzzy in the head today but nothing major and I have a slightly furry tongue which is making me consious of my breath. Have purchased HUGE bottle of mouth bleach....otherwise known as listerine lol.

My OH and I watched a rom com this evening and chilled out. It was lovely. Normally I would of stuffed myself silly at a fancy meal and then felt guilty about it for the rest of the night.

Anyway, heres to day3. I am still on tender hooks waiting for some horrible sid effects....touch wood I've been in the clear so far.

Chat tomorrow everyone.....I have the day off work...wooohooo!

Nighty
xxxx

Hi CP --

It sounds like things are going well for you. Breath spray is also acceptable and you can get that at Tescos.

You can also buy ketosis test strips at a pharmacy. I got a small container of 50 for 5 pounds at Tescos. You then wee on them to test your ketone levels. The darker the strip turns the more ketones. But your strip should never be very dark -- because if it is you are not drinking enough water... you want a pink not mauve colour.

MM

Hmmm, I think a trip to Tesco is in order. The closest one is abit of a trek away but hey ho. Right, Im not hungry!! Maybe its the thought of having a porridge. Im going to hold out till 10.30 to see if I get hungry, if not...shall just force the porridge down anyway!!

xxx

Have just had my breakfast after really putting off having a porridge!!. I normally love porridge but this is AWFUL! I'm quite dissapointed that I can't stomach the porridge as was planning on having it for brekkie everyday as its not that different from a normal brekkie off plan....also I can eat it at work without people questioning me as I normally take a little pouch of porridge in with me anyway..(followed by buttery crumpets and a cereal bar which is the real problem lol). Anyway, I am going to have to swap these as I bought 7 of the porridges and will not make it through to the 21st otherwise!

Hope all of you are having a good day.

p.s Who would of thought would feel soo dissapointed over some flipping porridge lol!

x

Oh my god...Im struggling today!!

I am sooo glad I have this forum to come on. I have spent most of the day on here. I almost gave in at lunch today....well when I say "gave in", I almsot thought...is this worth it when on SW I could be tucking into a jacket potato/beans and salad right now.Then I reminded myself that once I have got to 11stone I can reward myself by following that plan....

I have just had the spicy tomato soup and I added chilli powder and black pepper to give it a really kick. The soup had a nice taste but was quite grainy despite me making it into a paste before i added the water like in the instructions.

Anyway, am off into town with OH to pick some curtains/blinds for the kitchen. The next best thing to eating food you don't need is to spend money on things you could do without. I am also taking my gorgeous labrador Ella to a puppy class this evening as she has taken to really barking at strangers and I am worried she is anxious or something. So not only will it benefit her but will also give me something to do instead of questioning this diet in my head....

Come on girls, I need you.....

Hope your all having a good day xxxxxxx

Tell me about it............ Day 3 is proving to be hard! So hungry!!! Have just finished my shake and am still hungry. Have been really busy today though so that has helped. Haven't had as much water today as i've not had tim but will glug away all afternoon and hopefully the hunger will subside. Just remember, tomorrow you should be in ketosis and so it will get easier quite quickly from then. I have a mid week weigh in tomorrow and a ketosis test so i'm hoping for great things :) (have peeked on the scales and it's looking damn good!!!)

Oh pleeeease tell me what the scales said? My scales have something seriously wrong with them! My CDC weighed me at 12.5 and my home scales said 13 stone...then 12.10!! When I first got weighed at my CDC I was actually happy witht hat weight haha...because I thought I was more lol...it was the easiest 5-9lb I have ever lost lol!

I have just been to buy some movicol...I have to say, its absolutely vile but if it does the trick then woohooo! I have not been since on this plan lol! I have also bought some Fybogel..non orange one in a green packet but I am going to have to investigate and make sure its ok!

Sooo glad its going ok for you!! Bring on kitosis! I can't wait to get there....

xxxx

Well they said 7lbs,that's just in 2 days though so am not betting on it as i don't want to be dissapointed. When i did lighter life i lost 11lbs in the first week, i was a stone heavier then so we'll have to see what i do after week 1 on this. To be honest anything over 7lbs for the week would make me extremely happy.
I'm struggling big time this eve. Am starving and very irritable. Just had to scrape the boys plates from tea as fast as i could in the bin. I nearly cried...........i obviously have a massive attachment to food! It's certainly been my best friend for the last year. I'm thinking though that my friend stabbed me in the back and can't be trusted as she made me fat!!! Not had any constipation probs so far, i found last time that you go a lot less frequently which makes sence but with the amount of water i drank, never ha a problem.

Wow!! I would love to loose 7lb in my first week. That would take me just about into the 11's. I never have big losses though so knwoing my luck I will get to 12 stone dead on lol...just to bug me lol!

I have just got back from a puppy class and have had a chocolate orange shake...yum. Not quite the sausage, mash and mushy peas my hubby had :-(!!! I hope this weight comes of fast so I can get back to a healthy low/cal diet! x x

Cg Porridge

I normally love porridge but this is AWFUL! I'm quite dissapointed that I can't stomach the porridge as was planning on having it for brekkie everyday as its not that different from a normal brekkie off plan....also I can eat it at work without people questioning me as I normally take a little pouch of porridge in with me anyway
p.s Who would of thought would feel soo dissapointed over some flipping porridge lol!
x

Hi Chelle --

I HATED the CD porridge. It was dreadful and the texture was just nasty. Yuck.

I am using "real" porridge. I read the calories, fat, protein, etc. on the box -- I measure carefully, mix it with water, and sweeten it a tiny bit with Brown Sugar Splenda and add a dash of cinnamon.

It works for me -- the only difference between it and CD porridge "nutrition wise" is that it does not have the added vitamins.

So, you could do this and take a supplement. (And buy seven less CD products a week. I am buying only 7 to 14 products and a mix-a-mousse container each week.)

I have tweaked the diet to make it work for me... if I am not liking what is "on offer" then it will be hard for me to stick to it.

I am going to go now and get myself a big glass of water flavoured with Crystal Light (low cal water flavouring). It is lot cheaper than the CD flavourings (just as buying low sodium bullion from a shop is a lot cheaper than buying CD bullion), and has never affected my losses. I used both "regular" products when I did LL.

Hang in There!

MM

BTW -- The Choc/Orange Shake makes a wonderful mix-a-mousee!

Hi Chelle --

I HATED the CD porridge. It was dreadful and the texture was just nasty. Yuck.

I am using "real" porridge. I read the calories, fat, protein, etc. on the box -- I measure carefully, mix it with water, and sweeten it a tiny bit with Brown Sugar Splenda and add a dash of cinnamon.

It works for me -- the only difference between it and CD porridge "nutrition wise" is that it does not have the added vitamins.

So, you could do this and take a supplement. (And buy seven less CD products a week. I am buying only 7 to 14 products and a mix-a-mousse container each week.)

I have tweaked the diet to make it work for me... if I am not liking what is "on offer" then it will be hard for me to stick to it.

I am going to go now and get myself a big glass of water flavoured with Crystal Light (low cal water flavouring). It is lot cheaper than the CD flavourings (just as buying low sodium bullion from a shop is a lot cheaper than buying CD bullion), and has never affected my losses. I used both "regular" products when I did LL.

Hang in There!

MM

BTW -- The Choc/Orange Shake makes a wonderful mix-a-mousee!

Thanks sooo much for this!! Do you mind telling me what brand porridge you use? I have really struggled today and I think its because a shake just doesnt touch the sides...atleast with porridge you feel your eating something! Plus, I could defo do with it costing less as hubby has just lost his job :-(!

Do you have to wait a while to use the mix a mousse??

Thanks for all of this. How are you getting on? Had a good day?
xxx

So day4,

Started off well as was busy with work. Had a strawberry shake for breakfast and veggie soup for lunch...both tasted ok. I then gave my friends a lift to the pub after work where they tempted me in. I had 2 pints of soda water and ice whilst they had a lager and wraps with salad. I just had to leave asap!! I have just got back and made myself a big coffee with sweetner as I am feeling pretty sorry for myself. It made me wonder why I am doing this....my friends love me no matter what size I am and so does my husband, so whats the point!?? See...the self sabotage is happening already!!! I WILL not give in. I will loose weight quickly on this plan and then once its off I can join in with a vodka and slim line and a chicken salad! I am feeling quite tearful as I am writing this...infact I could just cry!! WHY did I let myself get back up to this weight!!!!

I need some positive thoughts :-(! x x x

Hey honey

Stay strong! This came up in a post on the main forum and is essentially a fear of success. For some reason women in particular fear being successful because they fear having the life they want will render them unloveable. So although you are saying "why ... cos I am loved the way I am" that is not the real issue... the real issue you are grappling is "but will they still love me if I change".

The Fear of Success | Psychology Today have a read of this and try the exercise. Explain your fears to your OH if you can so he can help you/reassure you when you wobble.

There are some people that won't be fond of the new you as you emerge ....you will be able to identify them as they are the ones who will turn your positive choices into a negative e.g. "oh .. you've lost weight.. you look good but be careful you don't lose too much" .. or "god .. you're losing weight but turning into a bit of a grump"..... these comments are because they like you the way you are because it suits them! Maybe they can dump on you.. maybe you being the way you are makes them feel secure etc.... whatever the reason always question the motives of someone who ever so subtly knocks you down. Part of this journey will naturally result in you redefining some of your personal boundaries and that is a good thing because our boundaries protect us from harm... but this won't suit everyone in your life ... 10 Fundamental Lessons on Boundaries in Relationships Part 1 | Baggage Reclaim explains it better than I can

Hang in there! You know exactl why you're doing this..........to wear nice clothes, to have bags of self confidence, to b comfortable in your own skin, etc etc!!!!
It does get easier, i really promise you. Just get the first week out the way and after that the time goes so quickly. Think how proud of yourself you will be when you've done this.
I too have felt tempted several times today, it's completely normal, we have a food addiction for goodness sake. I've been thinking i could loose weight on a conventional diet but i know, like any addiction, the way to address the problem is abstinance, cold turkey!!!
If i can do it, so can you x

Back