Out with the Bridget Jones pants in into my old size 12 Jeans......

ChelleryPickle

Hello there all,

My name is Chelle, I'm 23, 5.4 and 12.7 stone. My aim is to get to 10stone something...which I can't even imagine! I have always had a weight problem. I think it stems from being really poor as a child and never having any nice food in the house, i.e Ham, cheese, biscuits etc....So as my circumstances changed and I got a job as a 15 year old I would treat myself with lots of nice things that I never had and could now afford...chocolate, crisps, cakes.Basically all the nice things that mum couldnt afford to give us. The thing is, not only did I/do I treat myself but I sort of can't stop until I have had it ALL because I'm worried I wont get it again.....I think thats the bit that has caused me to always be abit fat! Does this make sense?? haha...probably not!

Anyway, over the years I have always hovered between 11 and 12.7 stone and have never been confident with my body although I am happy and confident in myself. I have lost a few pounds here and there with slimming world but this time round it is just not doing it for me. I want results now that I can work on maintaining.

I am starting CD on Sunday 13th...wooohoo. I am very nervous as I can't imagine not eating solid food or going hungrey....as I said earlier, its a fear I have so this is really going to teach me a thing or two about myself!!

Any advice and words of wisdom muchly appreciated. I am going to use this a diary to keep myself on track, make fellow CD freinds and give/recieve support. I look forward to chatting to you all!

Right, my first goal is to get through Day1, Sunday 13th! Will let you know how I get on.

Cheerio for now

Chelle,

x:)

Cheers Ruby,

How r u getting on? How long have u been going?

xx

im on my 4 th week,im down 1 stone and 1 lb,4 stone to go-eek! had a bit of a blip last week,out with my friends and got carried away! back to it now though!

That is flipping amazing! I bet you can notice that stone! How was your first week? How do you feel not eating anything? Any weak/shakey moments? N e tips? Keep up the good work chick!

Going to collect my packs at 5.30pm...no going back after that! Then I'm going to Manchester for the weekend for a family get together. Saturday will be my last day of grub! What will day1 on the Sunday bring lol?

By the way...what counts as a blip on the diet? And what happens to you if you blip?

just try and keep yourself busy,remind yourself of why you are doing this,i like to look at clothes on line too,dream of what im going to buy when im at goal-need a lottery win as well!

a blip is really anything thats not a cd product ,water or allowwed drink,i payed the price by not losing last week,some people say it makes them bloated and uncomfortable,drinking alcohol is dangerous when your in ketosis anyway,really its just not worth it.food will still be there when this diets over!

Hi Chelle, If you stay strong your gonna be in the tens in no time, I would be suprised if you didnt see the 11s at your first WI. Like others are saying cheating is not worth it as its so hard to get back on the wagon no matter how strong you think u are. Drink drink drink water it speeds the weight loss up, keeps u from feeling hungry and does wonders for your skin/hair/nails. I wont lie, its bloody torture sometimes so im not planning on cheating...I do not wanna do this longer than I need too lol!! Good luck lovely x

I've had a few slips and cheats not major! And I've now said to myself every time I slip I'm cheating on my slim self, and making it harder for myself cox I have to go through the keyosis stage again, I've only ever had a piece of ham
Or a smartie nowt big like a big mac or a cream
Cake!!! I've got it on my head I'd have to go through getting into ketosis again if I cheat, think it's gonna keep meningitis the straight and narrow especially as im now on ss x

Thanks for your words of wisdom ladies. Am excited about going and and collecting my packs tonight. I am a little worried about the cost but then I look at my old slimming world book and count up the MANY weeks I have stayed the same, or put on and im well into £50 since November lol!

How do you girls find being active and doing exercise on on this? Im the RAF and have to keep relatively fit for fitness tests so I go running 2/3 times a week. Will I be able to do this? x

Hiya,

I'm new too, joined the site yesterday and i'm on day 3. Felt a bit headachey yesterday, but drank plenty of water, took 2 paracetamol and it was gone. Today I've felt fine so far :) Everyone's different though. All I know is VLCD's are definately the only way I can do it, and like, Mishi said, if u stay strong your goin to be at goal in no time :)

Best advice I can think of is to read as much as possible on this site for answers, support and inspiration. I wish I'd found it years ago!!

Like I said, I'm really new to this, but if there is anything I can help with, I'm on here a lot at the mo!!

Good luck with your journey, keep us posted

Jo xxx

I think if I manage to stick to this it will the first time I have not cheated on a diet. Maybe this will be the kick up the a%rse I have needed to get me to keep to something....the thought of going through the kitosis thing again for the sake of a cracker sounds like hell! Am I going to be starving girls?

x

Remember that you're not depriving yourself of food. Eating that junk food is depriving yourself of what you REALLY want.

I keep finding myself saying things like 'oh I'd give anything for some noodles' but the truth is, if that were true then I'd give up on the diet and get some. I'm choosing not to eat the noodles because I want to look better. I wouldn't give up that, for 5 minutes with some greasy noodles.

I do love noodles though :p

I've always been told that you should try and take it easy as much as poss for the first 4 days or so, but after that you should be fine continuing with the same level of exercise as you were doing prior to starting. When I did LL I was a full time decorator, and worked out 3 times a week and didn't run into any problems, but I wasn't exactly busting my butt at the gym, so maybe different for people that are doing a high level of exercise. Your CDC is probably the best person to advise what's the best plan for your lifestyle xxx

Cool! Well I plan to take the first week VERY easy until all the headaches etc have gone and im in kitosis...then I might just try a little gentle jog. When I say I exercise ladies I want you to picture this.....I take my 2 dogs (a lab and a Jack Russel) and they actually pull me along like huskies...a have a lead in each hand. I squeeze myself into some of my old running kit and put on a hat hoping no one will recognise me. My dogs are only just trotting as I am going along. Im sooo slow and Im sure I give people a laugh as they drive past lol! Anyway, I am just going to pick up my packs and get weighed and measured etc. No going back then. Thanks for all your advice and encouragement. Much appreciated! :) x

xxx

Forum Help Info

:welcome:

Hi ChelleryPickle -- And welcome!

I think you asked for some information on another thread. I noticed you had a diary, so I copied a post I written in the past -- as I would want to provide the same info to you, now.

I would have sent this to you in a PM (Private Message), but you need 50 posts to give or received PMs. A good way to up your posts fast is to go to ChitChat and play some games. I still play the song game because I like it.

Also, checking the threads for the challenges and commenting on people's losses (encouraging others) will up your posts and is appreciated.

To update your profile -- go to the blue bar at the top of the page and click on user CP. It should offer you a list of choices and you can click on what you would like to change.

The weight tickers are created on www.tickerfactory.com and once you have "made one" you can copy and paste the bbb code into your signature (access through the UserCP -- signature) -- and to update those, you just click on your ticker in any of your posts and it will take to the page. You make the changes and click save. The next time you post Minimins -- all your tickers in every post you have ever created will change. It is very cool.

At the top of the main site page there are several things that you can access -- the "tutorials" are very helpful. I think Pierce (one of the moderators) created a ticker tutorial that is very good. There are many others for how the functions on the site work.

Boost your posts, so that you can PM and gain more signature space... and have fun! Good luck with your weight loss -- there are many inspirational and supportive people on this forum.

MinnieMel

Iv just been to get all my shakes and stuff to start on Sunday. Am feeling very positive and looking forward to getting back to my old shape and better!! I know I am married and all but when the workman don't even whistle it makes you feel abit pants don't you think lol!

xxx

Thanks soo much for this. Im not that good when it comes to computers but I am going to give this a go. I can already see that this site is very addictive! I feel really motivated and can't wait to get started. I remember feeling like this when I started slimming world and lost some weight. Lets hope its a good sign!!!

Looking forward to getting to know everyone and helping you through :).

Now, first things first.....my ticker count down thingy..where are you lol...:)

Yay....clicker happy!

Back