Outlander Series

Starlight

Gold Member
Im currently working my way through the Outlander Series by Diana Gabaldon. Have to admit I bought the first one reluctantly having heard my friend rave about it. Its SO far from my usual genre of book I just knew Id hate it. WRONG! I love it, Ive never got into a series like this before but just love the books.

Im currently on Book 5 - The Fiery Cross

Wondered if anyone else had read them??

Hiya I have read most of them but have struggled to get through the fiery cross......I just stalled and haven't picked one up in a couple of years now.....think I should persevere??

I have read them all and think that they are amazing. I just dont want the story of Jaime and Claire to end. Though I did find the letters from William and the stories of the battles tended to be a little slow but then it is part of the story. Overall though I do absolutely love the story of Jaime and Claire.

dontwanttobesocurvygirl said:
I have read them all and think that they are amazing. I just dont want the story of Jaime and Claire to end. Though I did find the letters from William and the stories of the battles tended to be a little slow but then it is part of the story. Overall though I do absolutely love the story of Jaime and Claire.

I found Echo the hardest to get through there was too much about William in it I have to admit to skimming through much of his story.

I'm currently re reading them. I hope however the series ends they have a happy ending

I found Echo the hardest to get through there was too much about William in it I have to admit to skimming through much of his story.

I'm currently re reading them. I hope however the series ends they have a happy ending

I really hope that there is a very happy ending too. I can imagine that the next book will be enormous - there are a few loose ends to tie up. I cannot wait for the next book though it will be a good couple of years yet.

dontwanttobesocurvygirl said:
I really hope that there is a very happy ending too. I can imagine that the next book will be enormous - there are a few loose ends to tie up. I cannot wait for the next book though it will be a good couple of years yet.

Could be as 'soon' as next year though I think 2013 is more likely. A good friend of mine knows Diana ;).

I hope the next one focusses on Jamie and Claire a lot more and less on William and LJ

I have never come across anyone else who has read this series. I absolutely LOVE these books. I have lost count of the amount of times I've read the 1st 3 books (my copy of cross stitch has literally fallen apart from use). Once they leave for the colonies I found them a bit slower plotwise so haven't reread those ones. Once the last book comes out I intend to reread all 8 ( I think) again. I'm really looking forward to the last book to see how it all ends (happily, please!) But am sad at the thought of there being no more books to anticipate.

Oo something different. Might take me a look at this. Thanks x

I have never come across anyone else who has read this series. I absolutely LOVE these books. I have lost count of the amount of times I've read the 1st 3 books (my copy of cross stitch has literally fallen apart from use). Once they leave for the colonies I found them a bit slower plotwise so haven't reread those ones. Once the last book comes out I intend to reread all 8 ( I think) again. I'm really looking forward to the last book to see how it all ends (happily, please!) But am sad at the thought of there being no more books to anticipate.

The only one I didnt enjoy so much was Echo in the Bone, too much time spent on other characters for my liking. Ive now got all 7 books on my Kindle.

Id definitely give the others a go again though, I just love the entire series

Cant wait for no 8 to come out.... not sure if its the last, there may be more ;)

Cant wait for no 8 to come out.... not sure if its the last, there may be more ;)[/QUOTE]

Starlight, you have given me hope ;-)

These books are some of my all time favourites, I defy anybody not to love Jamie, he is so nearly Mr Perfect and makes me feel all smooshy. I agree that the later books are going off track a little, but would always read them for the Jamie and Claire, and some other things that I won't mention for those who haven't got that far yet. Suffice to say 2 of my books have fallen apart from over use, I have started collecting them all on my kindle and cannot wait for another book!

I've got the first one to read, but just not got round to it. I finished the Games of Thrones series and wanted to read books which were a little less intense & didn't want to read a series.

I do keep looking at it & thinking about starting it. Oh maybe I could start now & finish the series in time for the next book:rolleyes:

Back