Ovarian cyst & bartholin cyst

Roziee

Gold Member
Hey everyone,

Just need some reassurance and advise I guess.. Sorry it's a long post.

I had a urine infection back in November last year, got some meds and it went.. Then had another one in March of this year,
Went back to docs, gave me meds and it went.. But I kept on having days when I would feel like peeing a lot, the pressure like I needed the loo but didnt actually pee when i went to the loo.. So went back to the docs and told him and asked for my kidneys to be checked to ensure I didn't have any kidney stones..

Went for an ultrasound and thankfully my kidneys are fine.. But the doctor checked my ovaries and there was a very big cyst there (8cm by 6cm by 6cm!) so she referred me to a gynaecologist to see what should be done..

Went to see a gynaecologist and I was worried about another lump on my labia I had felt when going to the loo- it had been there for ages but was too scared to do anything about it.. She checked the lump out and said it was a bartholin cyst-its a blocked duct basically, one of the glands that lubricates u when ur having sex..

Because of the size of the cyst it was pressing on my bladder so I was getting the symptoms of a urine infection when I didn't really have one.. And because of the size she said it would have to be removed..
Went to see the laproscopic surgeon who did the op, he was very nice- was so nervous about seeing a male doctor, especially since he was going to look at my lady area but he was very nice..

So went into hospital on Wednesday and had the op. Was put to sleep which was so scary beforehand, won't be scared now tho.. But I was bricking it before hand :(

Woke up- doctor said the ovarian cyst came out very easily, was bigger than the scan showed though.. Was 12 cm!!!! Can u believe it? but the outer cyst was tricky, gave him some trouble and I lost a lot of blood during surgery.. Was put on morphine for that night because was in a lot of pain.. Came home on thursday..

Friday morning I had realised I hadn't had a bowel movement so took a laxative.. And then? I felt the worst pain in my life in my stomach. It was unbearable :(
I couldn't take it.. Called the doctor who asked us to come straight to the hospital.. Saw him and he said it was just the effects of the laxative- causing my bowels to cramp.. Went home and he said just drink plenty of fluids etc.. Said to stop the painkillers I was on coz that was causing the constipation so went on to paracetamol..

Then Friday?.. Ate something I shouldn't have and got the runs- really really badly.. So I was weak and tired... And my lady area was really hurting- the painkillers I'm on now aren't as strong so I'm in pain.. And I'm still bleeding too.. That won't stop for a week or so :(
Today my tummy doesn't hurt but my privates do. Suppose just have to rest now. Hope the bleeding stops soon and the pain inshaAllah.. Then Friday?.. Ate something I shouldn't have and got the runs- really really badly.. So I was weak and tired... And my lady area was really hurting- the painkillers I'm on now aren't as strong so I'm in pain.. And I'm still bleeding too.. That won't stop for a week or so :( Or so I've been told..

Today my tummy doesn't hurt but my privates do. Suppose just have to rest now. Hope the bleeding stops soon and the pain God willing.

The pain in my lady area gets worse at night, sleeping is a problem..

Just want to know what others experience have been with the bartholin cyst. The ovarian cyst thank God hasn't given me much trouble, but it's the bleeding and the pain in my lady area that is causing my trouble :(

Rozie

I had a bartholin cyst that burst and they are very painful. Any operation in the vulval area is going to be very sore after as its full of nerve endings. Sounds like you need something, you can take paracetamol without giving you constipation. I do feel for you, but think if you are concerned to go back to your gp or A & E and ask them to check it for you. Good luck!

Nuttynat said:
I had a bartholin cyst that burst and they are very painful. Any operation in the vulval area is going to be very sore after as its full of nerve endings. Sounds like you need something, you can take paracetamol without giving you constipation. I do feel for you, but think if you are concerned to go back to your gp or A & E and ask them to check it for you. Good luck!

Thanks for replying nutty..

I'm on ibuprofen and paracetamol now.. Diclofenac didn't do anything for me.. Went to See the consultant yesterday and I've been given antibiotics too which should help hopefully..

Back