Over 100 pounds to lose...

Poobe

Hi all

I came across this forum whilst looking for a support forum today.

I have just over 100 to get rid of. I'm very familiar with Weight Watchers having done it a good many times. It's been successful in the past and it's what I know so I'm going to get my books out again and get cracking.

Well, I look forward to getting to know everyone :)

Poobe

Hi,

I also have somewhere around 100lbs to lose and need to do it before my Wedding July 2013 so am super motivated.

I'm following Slimming world and am new to this forum, its a bit weird to get used to. Bit forward of me, but as we are both aiming for about the same sort of weight loss do you want to kinda keep tabs on each other... not really sure what I mean lol.

Hey yeah that would be great! My weigh day is each Sunday morning. I take Sunday's off from worrying about what I eat. Maybe thats my problem!

Looking forward to it! I'm starting my points food diary tomorrow.

My weigh in's are on Wed's evenings. Hoping for 3lb (or more lol) loss this week although will be happy with 2lb. We shall see what the scales tell me on Weds!

ive over 100lb to get off to im doing slimming world not long started tho but finding it great welcome and GL!!

Back from weigh in. 2.5lbs down. Better then a kick in the teeth hey! How is your week going so far?

So far my week is not going too great. So not expecting a loss at all this Sunday.

As for exercise - yes I cycle. Last year I did 2 cycle races/events which were both 70km and I finished them both. I also mountain bike and have done a fair number of events on the shorter distances of 20km. But I had surgery last month and was told to take it easy for 6 weeks so I have not done anything lately. But Monday is the 6 week mark so I plan to get back on the bike on Monday :) Plus I go to pilates 4x per week so will get back to that as well.

Hello and welcome to the site, I'm doing slimming world and wish you the best of luck with the weight loss

Jean

Did you have your weigh in?

Hey, I am too scared to get onto the scale :( Really terrified, so I didnt weigh in... total chicken I know.

On the positive though, I am trying out my slow cooker for the first time in ages. Dusted it off this morning and have put in a load of veggies and two chicken breasts so hopefully what comes out will be edible and low in points! If not, my dogs will eat well.

Hey, I am too scared to get onto the scale :( Really terrified, so I didnt weigh in... total chicken I know.

On the positive though, I am trying out my slow cooker for the first time in ages. Dusted it off this morning and have put in a load of veggies and two chicken breasts so hopefully what comes out will be edible and low in points! If not, my dogs will eat well.

Right first of all, don't be scared of the scales... make them your friend. I'm sure you will have lost some, plus you should really way yourself just to check if how you are eating is helping with weight loss if not it's futile.

How was the food?

I was really so bad last week. Chocolates, a mountain of bread, more chocolate, ice cream... so ashamed.

Just tested it, it still has two hours to go and I am not all convinced :( I am a terrible cook so I thought that getting the slow cooker out again would help me make some nice stuff which is low in points as it does not involve cooking as such, but more just chuck in and leave. Yet even that seems it may be dog food. Really not sure what else to do, but I will continue to look for recipes.

I was really so bad last week. Chocolates, a mountain of bread, more chocolate, ice cream... so ashamed.

Just tested it, it still has two hours to go and I am not all convinced :( I am a terrible cook so I thought that getting the slow cooker out again would help me make some nice stuff which is low in points as it does not involve cooking as such, but more just chuck in and leave. Yet even that seems it may be dog food. Really not sure what else to do, but I will continue to look for recipes.

Oh hun, don't beat yourself up about last week. Just draw a line under it and start again. Get yourself weighed, tell yourself that is the last time you will see that weight and make a plan. I find it easier if I plan exactly what I'm eating each day...including snacks and syns. I don't really know much about ww's so not much help but there must be some tasty simple meals about.

Good luck with the diet. How was your slow cooker. I love mine I love just being able to chuck loads of stuff in and leaving it! x

Ok well, an update on the food:

It was terrible. I really wish my family had taught me to cook because I just do not have a clue. The entire pot went to the dogs (which is a usual occurance around here lol). We landed up going out to eat, but I was good. I had one tiny piece of bread, one can of coke (oops), and two chicken breasts with salad. It was one of the meals on the menu labelled as "healthy" and it was really nice. I did not even have any mayo or anything.

As for the scale thing, ellen83 i want to thank you. Your words were going through my mind all night and all morning. So this morning I got up and got the scale out, and got on it. I have lost nothing, but have not gained either. And after last weeks stuffing, that is a wonder to say the least! So thank you for telling me to make the scale my friend because otherwise I would be facing another week not knowing where I am at and probably land up stuffing again. I find when there are results on the scale, it motivates me to continue doing well.http://www.minimins.com/members/76547-ellen83.html

Ok well, an update on the food:

It was terrible. I really wish my family had taught me to cook because I just do not have a clue. The entire pot went to the dogs (which is a usual occurance around here lol). We landed up going out to eat, but I was good. I had one tiny piece of bread, one can of coke (oops), and two chicken breasts with salad. It was one of the meals on the menu labelled as "healthy" and it was really nice. I did not even have any mayo or anything.

As for the scale thing, ellen83 i want to thank you. Your words were going through my mind all night and all morning. So this morning I got up and got the scale out, and got on it. I have lost nothing, but have not gained either. And after last weeks stuffing, that is a wonder to say the least! So thank you for telling me to make the scale my friend because otherwise I would be facing another week not knowing where I am at and probably land up stuffing again. I find when there are results on the scale, it motivates me to continue doing well.http://www.minimins.com/members/76547-ellen83.html

Sorry to hear about the food, maybe get some recipes to follow rather then just a throw it in and hope method? Well done for being good when eating out though. What about trying diet coke rather then coke?

WELL DONE for stepping on the scales, so happy you did, and so happy it wasn't a gain. So now your weigh in day is a Tuesday!
Got mine tomorrow, not expecting a great week but we shall see. I wanted at least 1.5lbs off to get my 1 1/2 stone award... but that was before my eldest son had his 3rd birthday and I was naughty lol

Hi there Poobe I have a massive amount to lose too, Good luck on your weight loss hope it goes well. I am doing slimmers world and my slow cooker is on almost everyday :eek:) I am very lucky as my daughter and hubby are doing it with me so I binned everything that wasnt on plan :) that gets rid of any temptations :) Ive also baked quite a few of the low syns or free syn recipes to help keep us all on track :) I have zero will power otherwise! :)

Hey, just wondering if you have tried stir frys? My mum, who does WW, and I do stir frys at least twice a week. You just bung some chicken in a pan, or some prawns or beef or whatever and cook it and then just throw in a load of veg on top. Then you add a bit of sauce. On slimming world soya sauce is free so I normally use that but you can get lots of different sauces that are quiet low on calories. It's a quick and easy meal that's yummy and you don't need cooking skills to make it up! Good luck with your weight loss!

Back