Over eating

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by leighforty, 22 January 2011 Social URL.

Post New ThreadFind New
  1. leighforty

leighforty Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st11lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4lb(10.91%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I made curry for tea tonight which is usually lovely. Tonight it wasnt as nice. I dont know what I did differently I think it might have been guram masala as the curry had a really overpowering taste. Anyway I felt cheated because I was really looking forward to it so when I didnt enjoy it I still felt hungry. So now Im having a WW pizza and chips which means Im having 12 points extra. Im curious to know. Does anyone else do this?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Say

Say Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Did you eat the curry, that's the question!

If you didn't eat it then don't point for it, or point for the bit that you ate!

4. leighforty

leighforty Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st11lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4lb(10.91%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    The thing is I did eat it lol shows what a pig I am. I just felt let down because I hadnt enjoyed it.

5. catmcmahon

catmcmahon Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st2.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    2st11.5lb(18.81%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Did you have the curry earlier than your usual dinner time? I find if I eat earlier then I could easily eat another dinner later in the evening if I've nothing else on that night!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

6. Auburn

Auburn x x x

Diet:
    Not Eating Like a Pig
    I sometimes have 2 teas.... just point what you scoff and so long as you are within your points for the week, should be fine :)

7. leighforty

leighforty Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st11lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4lb(10.91%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    It wasnt that I ate it earlier or anything just that I didnt enjoy it so I felt cheated so I had the pizza and chips because I wasnt feeling satisfied on the enjoyment front if you know what I mean.

8. pudnpie

pudnpie Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(1.11%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    yes - they talk about eating until you feel satisfied meaning full, but IMO feeling satisfied and feeling full are two completely different things. Maybe if this happens to you a lot and if you are not particularly enjoying something, then don't bother to eat it and move onto something else that is going to hit the spot.

9. clarri

clarri Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(0.93%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    We have all done it. (well, anyone Ive talked to). The thing is, you know where you went wrong, you know that because you werent satisfied you did eat something for satisfaction. What I would do in your situation is put it down to a learning curve, that if something doesnt taste as good stop eating it, and get something else....... I know that I will in no way eat for the sake of it anymore. I have to be getting satisfaction from what I eat.
    xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.