over in my syns ?

That's what I tend to do babe - as you can carry them over so I don't see why you can't use some extra one day and not the next!! xx

I'd draw a line under it & carry on as usual from tomorrow.

Depends how much you've gone over by :) if its just a couple, if it were me, I'd take it off tomorrow. If it's lots, I'd draw a line and start afresh tomorrow.

I tend to do a weekly count instead of a daily- I will have a few days when I have only a couple then at the weekend I'll have 40 in a day :D

well annoyed followed correct foods etc but had 93 syns in the week and i weighed this morning and gained 2lb i mean what the heck :-( really disheartned now after my first week. specially as i have been tracking the calories too as i went along and they were between 1000-1200 surely i should of got a loss with 800-500 calorie deficiet a day :-(

There are reasons why you might gain- star week and such. Keep going, it WILL come off, you'll prob see it next week x

well annoyed followed correct foods etc but had 93 syns in the week and i weighed this morning and gained 2lb i mean what the heck :-( really disheartned now after my first week. specially as i have been tracking the calories too as i went along and they were between 1000-1200 surely i should of got a loss with 800-500 calorie deficiet a day :-(

The reason youre not losing may well be that youre not eating enough. 1200 is the MINIMUM you should be eating in a day, less than that you go into starvation mode. I calorie track on MFP and eat about 1800 a day on average. SW is NOT a VLCD diet.

And try posting a food diary so we can see what sort of stuff your having and where you might be going wrong.

Like Jez says there are loads of other reasons you might not lose this week, give it a month before you decide its not for you. It does work if you do it properly, there might be something else youre forgetting (other than not eating enough :) )

u r ment to have over 1200 cals a day as anything under 1200 can put your body into starvation mode, have you been eating enough ?

some days its been under 1000 but someone told me not to calorie count just follow the plan but i did track this week and most days have been 1150 etc

Like I said, youre not eating enough.

staceyb_2003 said:
some days its been under 1000 but someone told me not to calorie count just follow the plan but i did track this week and most days have been 1150 etc

Thats far too few calories. I genuinely have no idea how you have the energy to get out if bed! For christs sake girl eat some food!!!! What on earth are you eating & how are you fitting in 10 syns a day plus both your hexs? These alone are about 450-500 calories!

Like I said, youre not eating enough.

I am with ermintrude. You are not eating enough, wouldnt worry about the syns. Put it behind you and move on. The plan works, so dump the calorie counting and trust it.
I would stop the mid week weighing as our bodies vary during the week. Same scales and roughly the same time where possible. Try doing a bit more exercise, walking, dancing or swimming or if you are already more active try something new. Good luck with it.
I can relate, I am sure quite a few people reading this can, you have not blown it. We are only human after all.

You are either on a calorie counting diet or Slimming World, you can't do the two! Give it a few weeks and if you stick to it you will loose weight :)

you shouldn't be able to count calories on slimming world unless you are weighing, but that defeats the whole purpose of the plan...... like a few have said, you're not eating enough...

Just eat when your hungry. If you can't stomach what you feel is a "lot" of food, have smaller meals more frequently. :)

Definitely dump the calorie counting.
I said on another thread that the other week my C said that the slimming world plan is the easiest form of calorie control - loads of food to eat and no counting to do.

I agree that you are definitely not eating enough. When MFP works out calories you should eat it works it out based on your basal metabolic rate (BMR) which is the minimum amount of calories you need just to stay alive (ie, if you stay in bed ALL day). Try adding all walking you do (ie if you walk downstairs enter that you walked 100 yards, etc) and you'll see that 1600-1800 calories is actually enough to create a HEALTHY deficit (depending on how much you move round). The 1200 calories is based in your metabolic rate of around 1600 calories but 1600 calories is what you will use if you literally don't move all day.
Google 'amount of calories to lose weight' and every (respectable) website will tell you that you should not eat less than 1200 calories a day without taking medical advice.

Eat more!!!!!! :D

Back