Overcoming Nerves

Juddd_Judy

Hello all! Long time lurker first time poster on S&S. My friend noodles1609 has inspired me to start Slimming and Saving and I'm so pleased I have (eventually) started!

This morning, though, I was overcome with nerves about making my first meal. I'd had the shakes and bars before but I'd never made up a pack of food like this.

I was really worried that I'd make up my first pack, not like it and decide that this wasn't for me and after all the weeks of discussions with noodles and in my own head then it would all be over.

I opted for curry first as I knew that I would like that and made it with a little bit more water than suggested. I let it stand for a few minutes to see if it would thicken up a bit and in the end I had no reason to worry!

It was like a curry soup! I really enjoyed it and am pleased I've ordered quite a few for the next month. Still got a couple of packs to go but so pleased that I feel satisfied and like i've had something.

I know Day 1 of any plan is always the easiest but I'm so pleased I've made up my first pack and enjoyed it. It wasn't that bad after all! :) xx

There is certainly a feeling of anticipation the first time you try a new pack- I was like that with the cottage pie due to the mixed reviews on here. But the way I see it is if I don't like something, just stop eating it and either go with our or have something different, or if it's a shake, hold your nose and wolf it! I have only done this one once (original oatmeal) I ate as much as I could stomach, then left it. Once you know what you do and do not like it gets much easier. Good luck on your journey.

Oh bless you! I'm so proud :). I've done it kind of the other way around today, I've had a meal that doesn't include a pack - made myself a green veg omlette. Really didn't want to eat it, missed my pack! Day 53 and I've got so used to having the packs I can't see me doing anything different for the forseeable. All good news for my waistline and yours I guess.

And BIG welcome - well done :)

Hi and welcome

Glad you liked your first pack !!! - From only 3 days experience, there are other nice packs too :)

I have also stocked up on salt, pepper and seasonings that I can have to jazz up the flavours of the packs a bit when i may need to ............

Good luck .!!!

I am still like that with some of my packs. Really didnt want to try the oatmeal but I love it and can't wait to order more

Back