Overdosed on veg!!

katkarg

Have been so good for 3 weeks not put a morsel of food in my mouth and then....
I went out to a Greek restaurant on Thurs night was really good with the food - Chicken and lettuce salad even though everyone else was stuffing their faces with the delish mezze. Had 4 vodkas with coke zero (took my own bottle to restaurant). Felt fine so decided to SS+ for the week - :D
Friday made stuffed mushrooms (cottage cheese cd mush soup/sauce) with rocket salad had far TOO MUCH SALAD! :sigh:
Saturday had friends over for lunch had chicken, cottage cheese, courgette and asparagus salad and TOO MUCH SALAD! :(
Then went and had some prawns and SALAD for supper too. :eek:
Sunday had some CROUTONS in my leek & pot soup for lunch and stuffed marrow (quorn mince and courgettes with cd chick & mush soup/sauce) for supper way TOO MUCH VEG! :eek:
Oh what have I been doing. Back to SS today I dont think I should be having food I cant help but go too far. Even had a couple of choc caramel shortbread bites over weekend and def didnt drink enough water:cry:
Have really messed up. Why did I do this??? :mad:

Don't beat yourself up about it, we all do it from time to time, it's just your way of coping with it all, just draw a line under the whole thing and get back onto the wagon!!!! Fingers crossed you'll have a great week. x

ive just started ss+ too and have too much salad all the time, is it really that bad??
a few extra sald leaves or slices of cucumber?
i just have enough to feel like i'm having something to eat! x

Dangers of drinking alcohol!

Hi katkarg,

Your choice of salad and veggies was a good choice to help you stay in ketosis but drinking on SSing or one of the programmes below 800 is not part of the diet and really not a good idea.

You are three weeks into your diet and your glycogen stores are well below normal as you lose mostly glycogen in the first week of this diet and therefore your liver is not able to cope as well with alcohol.

DO NOT DRINK ALCOHOL IF YOU ARE KETOTIC!
Alcohol is a powerful inhibitor of gluconeogenesis. In fact, it forces part of the gluconeogenic metabolic process into reverse. This means that if all the glucose in the blood is being derived from gluconeogenesis then the consumption of alcohol will inevitably cause the blood glucose level to fall. Worse still, the alcohol also stops ketone body production, thus leaving the brain entirely without fuel.
A person who is ketotic is 100% reliant on gluconeogenesis to maintain adequate levels of glucose in the blood. If, under these circumstances alcohol is taken, the person will become disorientated and might lose consciousness, not just from the alcohol, but from low blood sugar. Needless to say, this could be very dangerous, and even fatal.
Alcohol does not have these effects if the glycogen stores in the liver are normal. Under these circumstances the blood glucose level in the blood is maintained by the breakdown of liver glycogen, a process that is not influenced by alcohol. If a person becomes confused under these circumstances it is due simply to the pharmacological effects of the alcohol!
Post-exercise ketosis, ketone bodies

Love Mini xxx

I am sure you will be fine and just think what you probably would have eaten before CD. I bet you wouldnt have been overdoing it on veg and salad, but all the naughty foods instead (if you are anything like me!) !!!

Back