OWL Breakfast ideas please - no more eggs or I will start to cluck

I have full fat Greek yogurt, 10 blueberries( yes, I do count them!) with 25 g of Atkins crunchy muesli, it's lovely I buy the muesli in Boots, it is 6.4 g carbs for 25g

Veg sausage, two big mushrooms, quorn bacon cooked in tablespoon olive oil

Scrambled egg with crumbled feta cheese

Page 295 in new Atkins new you has meal suggestions for owl worth looking at, the Atkins website has some lovely recipes for all phases too :)

Forgot to say have a look at Reluctant whales thread struggling for breakfast, loads of great ideas on there :)

I have Rose Eliott's veggie low carb cookbook which is ace & has some great breakfast ideas. I like the granola - nuts & seeds roasted in butter & covered in mixed spice, with yogurt & berries. Slaying check out sugarfreesheila.com as she has some. I'm currently on Cambridge so dreaming of my Atkins future :)

It sounds like it's a recipe. Sugar free granola wouldn't be low carb but granola made of nuts and seeds but no oats would be owl friendly.

There is an Atkins cereal you can buy, some boots stores have it, or google lowcarbmegastore which also sell flax cereal.

The granola is a recipe but easy to make without - just coat nuts & seeds of your choice with butter & roast, then cover with mixed spice & cinnamon - as much as you want. It also has dessicated coconut too, not sure if that is suitable for owl.

Back