Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

OWL Question regarding food choices and portions

Discussion in 'Atkins Diet' started by Seraphine, 23 March 2011 Social URL.

1. Seraphine

Seraphine Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st11lb
    Current Weight:
    13st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(9.18%)
    Diet:
    Atkins
    Hi everyone - me again.

Okay, I often eat meat and veg combos or stir fries. I usually base it on 2 pork loin chops (you know the kind that Asda sells in packs for 3 for £10) with low carb veg. Sometimes I'll throw a handful of prawns in too. It's a big meal, but I don't eat 3 big meals in a day.

As I'm in a stall, should I try to stick to one pork chop in this instead? Should I add veggies? Eat more often?

Is eating 2 chops at a time just piggish, or is it reasonable to expect that on a low carb/high protein plan?

I feel like I can't see the forest for the trees anymore.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. LVLLM

LVLLM Gold Member

Current Weight:
    11st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Carb Cycling
    If i was having loads of veg i couldnt eat 2 pork chops but there is nothing saying you cant!
    have you checked your fat is more like 70 percent of what your protein is? it should always be higher.
    I would add more carby veg if you want to up your carbs??? peas?? yummy. or maybe one of those packet sauces?

4. Seraphine

Seraphine Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st11lb
    Current Weight:
    13st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(9.18%)
    Diet:
    Atkins
    I try to find the fatty pork chops, and use olive oil to cook them in. I'm totally stuffed just now (I had them as a late lunch/early dinner, but I may not have anything later on).

Okay, a typical day for me is something like this:
    B - 2 or 3 eggs, some bacon or Mattsons sausage
    L - A large stir fry with 2 chops, or 2 chops in mushroom cream sauce served with brussel sprouts or broccoli
    D - varies. Either a steak or chicken and veg (if I haven't had a big lunch), or some greek yogurt or a little cheese.

I find that I have time in the late morning or afternoon to make a decent sized meal but I don't usually get a chance in the evening. I'm not starving, but for some reason I really like the idea of a lot of food on my plate when I do eat.

I've always stayed to near induction levels when I eat LC - I don't know how to up my carbs and not completely fall of the rails. I'd like to factor in a portion of sweet potato every once and a while, and not be so afraid of onions. I feel like if I increase my carbs I'll have to decrease my fat and protein and I don't know how to do it, or if that's even right.

I'm at the stage that I'd just love someone to TELL me what to eat! Someone make me a menu, and I'll follow it!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.