OWL Question regarding food choices and portions

Discussion in 'Atkins Diet' started by Seraphine, 23 March 2011 Social URL.

1. Seraphine

Seraphine Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st11lb
    Current Weight:
    13st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(9.18%)
    Diet:
    Atkins
    Hi everyone - me again.

Okay, I often eat meat and veg combos or stir fries. I usually base it on 2 pork loin chops (you know the kind that Asda sells in packs for 3 for £10) with low carb veg. Sometimes I'll throw a handful of prawns in too. It's a big meal, but I don't eat 3 big meals in a day.

As I'm in a stall, should I try to stick to one pork chop in this instead? Should I add veggies? Eat more often?

Is eating 2 chops at a time just piggish, or is it reasonable to expect that on a low carb/high protein plan?

I feel like I can't see the forest for the trees anymore.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. LVLLM

LVLLM Gold Member

Current Weight:
    11st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Carb Cycling
    If i was having loads of veg i couldnt eat 2 pork chops but there is nothing saying you cant!
    have you checked your fat is more like 70 percent of what your protein is? it should always be higher.
    I would add more carby veg if you want to up your carbs??? peas?? yummy. or maybe one of those packet sauces?

4. Seraphine

Seraphine Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st11lb
    Current Weight:
    13st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(9.18%)
    Diet:
    Atkins
    I try to find the fatty pork chops, and use olive oil to cook them in. I'm totally stuffed just now (I had them as a late lunch/early dinner, but I may not have anything later on).

Okay, a typical day for me is something like this:
    B - 2 or 3 eggs, some bacon or Mattsons sausage
    L - A large stir fry with 2 chops, or 2 chops in mushroom cream sauce served with brussel sprouts or broccoli
    D - varies. Either a steak or chicken and veg (if I haven't had a big lunch), or some greek yogurt or a little cheese.

I find that I have time in the late morning or afternoon to make a decent sized meal but I don't usually get a chance in the evening. I'm not starving, but for some reason I really like the idea of a lot of food on my plate when I do eat.

I've always stayed to near induction levels when I eat LC - I don't know how to up my carbs and not completely fall of the rails. I'd like to factor in a portion of sweet potato every once and a while, and not be so afraid of onions. I feel like if I increase my carbs I'll have to decrease my fat and protein and I don't know how to do it, or if that's even right.

I'm at the stage that I'd just love someone to TELL me what to eat! Someone make me a menu, and I'll follow it!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.