OzzieMoz's Upside Down Diary!

Perhaps it was a genuine loss of poundage, I was quite surprised to see that it was still gone this morning with an extra 0.5lb too. Isn't stress wonderful :rotflmao: It might of course be magical properties from the mint green tea that I've been drinking copious quantities of! .... hmmm, grammatically that should be "of which I've been drinking copious quantities" - my english is getting so sloppy! My aussie on the other hand is getting bonza! :p

I was just naughty and had a hot cross bun - I've been wanting one for weeks, but I didn't like to get a packet of 4 or 6 for obvious reasons. So I bought one from the baker. It was horrible - but at least I've got that little devil out of my system!

Been mainly driving round in circles today, but off out on my last circuit shortly to get OH from work.

Today is a day without colour as I've just had a cheese omelette for lunch. No idea what is for dinner, so I'll have to colour in my day later ;)

Expression of the day today from my girly is "she's as mad as a sea scallop". She's right too, the lady in question is indeed mad - but in the best way! :D

Hope everyone has a good day.

Keep on truckin' :character00182: Parp! Parp!

I was just naughty and had a hot cross bun - I've been wanting one for weeks, but I didn't like to get a packet of 4 or 6 for obvious reasons. So I bought one from the baker. It was horrible - but at least I've got that little devil out of my system!

I get these sorts of irrational cravings! Why does this happen? It's like getting the equivalent of woodworm in your brain, tap-tap-tapping away every day convincing you that you need to have a specific thing... and when you do it's inevitably a huge disappointment!

Examples for me: Soreen malt loaf, crumpets, scones - common denominator being wheat I guess. Which is why I avoid bread like the (tasty, moreish) plague!

Agree that when you get a craving for something it just won't go away until you give in to it! There's certain foods I just can't buy even if I pretend it's for the rest of the family I know that I'm buying it so I can have some! My particular fancy was a home made fruit scone from the garden centre nearby. Once I'd tried one, I just kept hankering after it. Luckily the last one I had was pretty dry and tasteless so that's got that out of my system! I never buy crusty bread either because I can't resist it. Am getting hungry now just thinking about it, spread with butter...mmmmm *drool drool*.

Anyway Ozzie, hope things are getting better for you as I see you are having problems. You're still smiling through though and that sense of humour hasn't abandoned you. Chin up :)

Marie x

I think I'm going senile .... or more senile :p I had no idea that I hadn't posted for a few days. I think some mornings by the time I've caught up on diaries and thought about what I'm going to do that day, it feels as if I've posted! Oh dear! Poor demented soul I am :rotflmao:

Soreen malt loaf

You just did a bad thing! Hang your head in shame fellow trucker! You have now planted the new obsession in my head. I suppose on the plus side (and it will be a plus size if I keep eating Soreen malt loaf) I'm not sure that I can get that here - although to be honest, I'm bloody well going to look! Thing is if I can, then at least it won't be a disappointment when I do eat some, as I know it is a little slice of of malty heaven! or a big slice, depending ;) :p

Thankyou Marie and WeeMo for your kind thoughts :D I'm still smiling, and growling, but I growl with a smile which confuses everyone!

Just started to think about going back to work here. Money is tight and I think it will be good for me. Trouble is coming from working for a big company in London, there just isn't anything equivalent here. I'm also not too sure about going back to working full-time straightaway, as I'd ideally like to fit in with school hours. My m-i-l works in a cafe and told my husband yesterday, that she might be able to get me school hours in there if I want her to but I'm not sure if it's a good idea (a) working with m-i-l could put pressure on relationship, which is currently excellent (b) working in cafe could put pressure on SW :eek: (c) working in cafe is not something I ever wanted to do, I used to have a reasonably senior job in Insurance. Eventually, I know I will want a "proper" job and I'm not sure this would look good on my cv/resume. I don't know what to do - wahhhhhhh :cry: It might be a very good opportunity just to get some regular income while I decide what to be when I grow up (I'm fast running out of time to grow up before I hit retirement :rotflmao: ) Oh woe, I hate living in my indecisive head at times!! :rolleyes: :D

Nothing much has really happened this week. I've continued to be good at meal times but am religiously eating my syns ... hmmmm sounds like I say a hail mary and a glory be whilst munching on my Mars! My weight has pretty much stayed the same all week, I think it looks at best like a sts, which is perhaps explained by the imminence of that week - d'oh!

I was looking at my history of weight loss this time, and it looks like I go in cycles of a good 4 weeks, then a not so good, then another good, followed by a not so good. Next 4 weeks if this theory holds true, I'm due not to do too well, so perhaps I need to remember this, or I might need to shake it up and do some red days, which I'm still keeping for emergencies! I really don't like them, I do suspect it's psychological or I'm doing them all wrong.

All is peaceful here at the moment as everyone is asleep. I'm going to try to motivate myself to go get a couple of new pairs of trousers which I still haven't got round to doing! I think it's because although I've lost nearly 1.5 stones, I don't think my trouser size has gone down although they are really baggy on me, I think I'm just above the next size down but I'm too small for the size I'm in now! We shall see when I go shopping - I still find Australian sizing a mystery, I think it's because in UK you get to know which shops have clothes in your size that are a good fit and tend to stick with it. Because I've not really done much clothes shopping here, I'm still a bit bewildered by the clothes shops and yet to find my label!

Anyway, I'm clearly in an awful wittering mood today, god help the family who have to listen to my rambles all day!!

Hope everyone is doing well, keeping happy and motivated and being a little bit naughty at the weekend ;)

Keep on truckin' :character00182: Parp! Parp!

You just did a bad thing! Hang your head in shame fellow trucker! You have now planted the new obsession in my head.

Oh no! I'm sorry! I thought I was the only one who liked that claggy stuff. Thing is it's only good with loads of marg/butter, so would end up being like a billion syns - not worth it. Make some SW carrot cake instead - very low syn, and extremely tasty. The recipe is on my page somewhere. There, that's me making restitution for my sins/syns!

-

Not sure what's happened here as I posted earlier and it would appear not to have registered - d'oh! I must have closed the page before it actually went through or something - hope that's not an indicator of how my day is going to be :rotflmao:

Fortunately I didn't share any profound thoughts when I wrote earlier .... or if I did, I damned if I can remember them now!

I put on 1lb this week, which wasn't a huge surprise but of course a bit disappointing. It's that week which almost certainly accounts for the gain, as I've had a good week. As I mentioned in one of my earlier posts, I seem to have this 4 week cycle of good then less good losses, theoretically I'm starting now into my "less good" loss, so I think I might try a red week next week as I never do that, I don't think I've had a single red day since I started this time. I'm rubbish at them, no idea why, they just flummox me and I have this notion that I have to live on meat and salad for every meal .... even breakfast :eek: - just kidding about the brekkie! But seriously, I think I go into panic every time I think "red day" - I wonder what my problem is! *shrugs*

Not much happening at the moment, still debating the job issue. Might put my name down at the local supermarket for night-filler work. That would at least bring some money in whilst not affecting my time with my daughter. I'm really enjoying the time we have together and I'm not really happy about giving that up yet! It's not so much the thought of after-school care, it's more the school holidays. The only thing that really bugs me about this type of work though, is that I feel that my parents would be feeling disappointed in me, as they would want me to be doing something more academical. Actually, I want to do something more matching my capabilities but then there is the conflict with being a mum - pah!! Round and round in circles I go - a bit like "the windmills of my mind". Meh! Now I've gone all Don Quixote and tilting at windmills .... lunacy!

Today because my insides feel as if they are being twisted into knots I'm going to have a quiet day. I'm fighting the urge to eat a caramel slice from the baker which is in the fridge at the moment. All that is stopping me is the fact that I don't like caramel slices - you might think that that should be enough to stop me, but every so often I get the idea in my head that maybe this time it will be different and I'll like it.... but it won't! I just want to eat for the sake of eating, to be bad for the sake of being bad! I think I'll just go eat worms :rotflmao:

Hope everyone is well and happy and that my fellow truckers are keeping on keeping on!

Keep on truckin' :character00182: Parp! Parp! :p

Hi Ozzie - your caramel slice dilemma made me laugh! Why do we do that? Have an urge to eat something we don't even like?! Mine is usually some sort of creamy cake thing too. Then after the first bite I remember I don't actually like creamy things that much. :rolleyes:

As for job - do whatever makes you happiest! Your parents wouldn't be disappointed if you were stacking shelves for a bit - they would know it was because you feel at the moment that's the best job for you to do AND be the mum you want to be. Being the best mum you can be is the most important job in the world! Everything else is just 'stuff'. :)

Sorry to hear about the annoying pound. But.... you're doing soooooo well. Far better than me. We have to think back to where we were and where we are now. And I'm quite pleased with where I am now considering I've had holidays, trips to London and Bath etc. God knows how humungous I'd have been by now if I hadn't started SW at all. I thing the answer is 'very'.

So give yourself a pat on the back! And good luck with the job hunting.

How's it going Ozzie? Have you lost your dieting mojo temporarily? Cos if so join the club.

I'm sure mine is lying about somewhere. Just need to find it. It's a pity you can't put 'total motivation' into a SatNav. :rolleyes:

Good morning all :D

Hey there weemo - job hunting is making little to no progress and I have no-one to blame except myself. Had a vaguely irritating week with stepson/OH dramas. Luckily I wasn't involved except in trying to keep everyone calm and bring some smiles. It's very tiring, no idea why, but it left me with no enthusiasm for job hunting. This weeks paper had nothing even vaguely convenient or appealing. Still waiting to hear back from m-i-l, if that does come up then it's bad timing as it's only 2 more weeks til the end of the first term and then LittleOzMoz is on holiday for 2 weeks. Meh! Que sera sera!

Dieting - pah! and pffft and more meh! :rotflmao:

Sorus, I haven't lost my mojo at all - my mojo has run off and deserted me laughing and cackling and rubbing it's hands with glee as it went! I've been good and I've been having all my Hex's just about and always use my syns these days but having put on a pound last week, I've put on another 2lbs this week. I know it's been that week, but 3lbs on over 2 weeks when I haven't been bad is irritating. However, and it is a large HOWEVER, I sort of was expecting this - it's more or less what happened a couple of months back for no good reason. That time I went off plan for a few days and then started using my syns more and weight started to go again. I'm not sure that would be a good idea as I'm already using all my syns most days since then, so I think it's time to unveil my WMD........ red days!! oooooooooooh - scarey! I don't do red days - not ever! I can't do them - no matter how many other people's red diaries I read I still cannot fathom what I'm meant to eat and I end up living on ham or tuna or chicken salad! I have no imagination when it comes to red!

It's cooled down here a fair bit the last few days which is lovely! Had some rain and there has been a lovely breeze most days, so although the temperatures are still saying max 30-ish it feels cooler!

Did I mention before that I'm not sleeping well in recent months? I'm not really one for medication either unless I feel I have no option, so I went to the chemist and got some herbal tablets to try - ewwwwk! They knock me out for about an hour and then I go back to my normal waking up every half hour or so and dreaming all night! No wonder I'm fast turning into a stark raving looney! ... actually, I was before this sleep stuff, but that's irrelevant :rotflmao:

So in essence, all is mainly well here.... I am still motivated just merely unsuccessful and now because I've typed the words "red day" I'm absolutely starving! It always happens! :cry:

.... and to make matters worse I've just remembered I have nothing to read! I hate being bookless! I'll have to go online and order a few and twiddle my thumbs for a week or 10 days! Or I could read red day recipes... must go to BritMums site, she's doing more red days at the moment, she might inspire me! Although what that might do is just make me even more hungry and I'll still eating boring salad :rotflmao: ... and that is the truth of it!

Well, I better shuffle off and do some diary reading. I might even attempt to plan the week which I've never done before so that could be interesting.

I'm quite pleased with myself that I'm not letting this blip get me down. I sort of knew it was bound to happen again and I know that the weight will go again. It is a bit frustrating though.... but I can cope with that! Because what do we do when things go wrong? We keep on keeping on!! That is the key to our success and we will eventually succeed - never give up!

Good Lord!! I did a red day yesterday and lo and behold I survived! ;)

Little musical interlude.... "I will survive as long as I eat meat and veg, I know I'll stay alive, I've got all my Hex to eat and some syns are for my treat, I will survive, I will survive, hey hey!"

Sorry about that .... actually why apologise to you, I'm going to have that song on the brain all day now - dammit! :eek:

Actually had quite a pleasant weekend. All was peaceful in the house, no arguments, it really helps when stepson is out most of the weekend :rotflmao: - he's mainly a lovely lad, but him and his dad lock horns a lot! Fingers crossed it stays peaceful!

Red days are really causing me brain ache - I think it would probably help if I sat down and read the paperwork about it rather than trust to my very fallible infallible memory from years ago! Still hoping to plan a week of food, but I doubt it's going to happen! Yesterday I had Weetbix (that's not a typo, they don't do weetabix here!) for brekkie, mushroom & cheese omelette with salad for lunch and mince and gravy with heaps of broccoli, peas, sweetcorn and carrots and just a little mashed potato. Today for lunch I'm going to have tuna mixed with red & green peppers, red onion, sweetcorn, all flaked up and bound together with a bit of fat free dressing of some sort served with lettuce, tomato, cucumber and beetroot. Dinner is as yet a mystery meal!

Not sure I can cope with this for a week but I'm going to give it my best shot! Who knows I might become a red day convert - Hallelujah Praise the Red! .... or maybe not :p

Rainy, grey but warmish day today. HUMUNGOUS cyclone brewing off the coast. Looks like if it makes to Australia that it will hit way south of here, but hoping of course that it fizzles out over the ocean somewhere and no-one has to suffer! We're all on weather watch for the next few days!

Today is one of my backwards and forwards days as OH and stepson are working different shifts, so start, lunch and finish times are all different. It keeps me out of mischief though! Dammit - I could do with a bit of mischief :rotflmao:

Anyway, enough witter. Time for me to go mix up my tuna stuff so that it's nice and cold for lunch!

Hope everyone is well and happy! :D

Hiya Ozzie, good to catch up with what you've been doing. I can fully understand your frustration at putting on weight when you've been doing well, so annoying isn't it?!!

I do red and green days. I've been doing mostly green this week but there are quite a few options with chicken and fish :) It certainly doesn't have to be all salads. I'm not one for messing around with complicated recipes so my favourites are chicken breast sprinkled with barbecue seasoning (free), or chicken breast cut into slices and mixed with breadcrumbs (28g is 5 syns but I use half that amount and make about 7 goujons for myself which is adequate). I also enjoy gammon, low syn sausages, roast pork, stir fries and I enjoy cod or salmon bunged in the oven with a tin of chopped tomatoes, mixed herbs, chopped onion and serve it up with a jacket potato (Hex B). Just some ideas, hope they help. And of course you can always make some tasty burgers from extra lean mince :)

As to the job and feeling your parents would be disappointed, I think you should do whatever feels right for you and fits in with being a mum as well :) I was made redundant over two years ago and was a secretary in the civil service but recently I took on some work as a carer/cleaner. The money helped, I felt useful so just go with the flow. Good luck with finding something that's right for you x

Hope it goes well with your red days this week. I'll check back on Sunday to see how it went with your weigh in.

Thanks Marie for dropping by again :D Quick and easy dinners is definitely the way for me - I can't stand faffing about in the kitchen especially when I'm just cooking for myself!

Stir fries are something that have fallen off the kitchen radar a bit for me, sort of forgot about them! Partly that is due to laziness I think - I'm used to being spoilt by British supermarkets making up packs of stir fry veggies. I haven't found a supermarket here that does that - maybe in the larger cities, but not here in Cairns. I could get off my lazy bum and make my own I suppose *sighs wearily* ;) :D Thanks for the ideas!

Well, I survived Day 2 of Operation Red Days and whilst I spent the entire day obsessing about food, I didn't actually feel hugely hungry so I must have been doing something right. Having said that the food I ate was totally uninspiring and if I don't buck my ideas up I am likely to get bored!

Beautiful day here today, lovely wind keeping the temperature down, every day I enjoy being able to look out my window and see mountains, such a huge difference from life in London. However, having said that I miss a lot about London. Was thinking the other day how much I'd love to be able to take my girly up to London to see musicals at the theatre and stuff, but you can't have everything! She's really acclimatised now after 3 years of mainly being here, 2 years since we made the permanent move, she was grumbling yesterday morning that she was cold and it was 27/28C, a tropical woosey like my husband :rotflmao: Daffodils are another thing I miss - spring is a lovely season and one they don't have up here!

Anyway, I'm rambling .... is that a sign of carbohydrate deprivation? I doubt it, because I always ramble :rotflmao: ;)

Today I'm having leftover tuna salady thing that I made yesterday which wasn't horrible. Dinner will once again be a mystery. Probably a little steak and steamed veggies, I might tip on some leftover curry sauce, but that might be disgusting .... I'll report back on my exciting dinner adventure tomorrow!

Scales this morning seemed to suggest that the 3lb gain from the last two weeks (1st 1lb and then 2lb this week) have gone again, which leaves me 5 days to perhaps make some progress! I'm really feeling quite hopeful!

Better shhhhh now as this post is reaching epic proportions.

I love red days! I mostly do red, somehow it seems to fit my lifestyle better (plus I'm a sucker for steak... mmmmm).

Good luck with your progress this week - truckin ever onwards :)

Hi Ozzie - well done for surviving 2 red days! And may your scales play ball this coming weekend!

I'm toying with having a few red days. I used to do them without thinking before the days of EE. The only thing I really used to miss was not putting kidney beans (and other pulses) in a chilli. I know you could have them as a HexB but I couldn't be bothered to weigh and count so I left them out. Wasn't the same!

Glad the cyclone hasn't whisked you away. We've had a gorgeous few days here in Cornwall. Sadly today I've only been able to look out on it cos have been in bed with a bug. :mad:

Bloody bugs I tells ya, they get in the way of the most dedicated dieter.... and that's not me! I try to be dedicated but I fail ... I'm trying to look disconsolate as I type this, but quite frankly, I'm feeling poorly and if I want to eat something naughty then I'm going to! And and and and I'm going to eat cough sweets and not syn them - so there!

I've got a very irritating cough - I know this because my OH tells me it's irritating him! He's waiting to go in to hospital for an operation on his foot and is really worried about catching the lurgey from me - I think I'm in danger of being forced to live in a germ bubble to keep away from him. I suggested that it should be he who is in the bubble, but he reckons that as I'm germ-girl it's my problem! so sympathetic eh!! :rotflmao: Mind you, whilst I have to maintain a healthy (or should that be unhealthy) distance from him, I am allowed to still make him drinks and take him to/from work, but at all other times there is an exclusion zone - not sure how large the exclusion zone is, I might have to experiment.

Still sticking with my red days, although yesterday only just would have counted as I didn't really eat much red ..... mainly it was a brown day with weetbix for brekkie and dinner!

CyberRuby I must have a look at what you eat as you do red days - I need to be inspired! but not today, I can just about cope with remaining upright and vaguely smiling - being inspired would take a little bit too much effort!

Today, quite frankly, I can't be bothered. Am trying hard to care, but I don't! Daughter's birthday on Saturday, tried to go shopping for her presents this morning and abandoned it as a bad idea when I couldn't make a decision. I did buy a couple of pairs of trousers though - $7 each, which is about 4 pounds for a pair of trousers. At that price I don't really mind if they don't fit me for long which is the plan.

Once again I would appear to be rambling and my mind is jumping round like a grasshopper on acid. I don't wish to be cruel to any poor soul game enough to read my witterings which are bad enough on a normal day let alone when I'm feeling poorly!

Keep on sneezin' :character00182: Atchoo! Atchoo! :p

Hi Ozzie - I totally sympathise. We seem to have the same bug - I have an irritating cough too! How we have managed to acquire the same bug living several thousand miles apart I don't know but they do say God moves in mysterious ways. :D

Anyway just wanted to say I really hope you're feeling a bit better today. We will emerge from this lurgy looking ethereal and delicate.

Well I can dream. Neither of my children has even offered to make me a cup of tea today so I can't be looking that delicate. They seem to only be able to cope with me being ill for one day. Any longer than that and as far as they're concerned it's got beyond a joke and it's about time I pulled myself together and started cooking, cleaning and ironing their clothes again.

Not sure where I've gone wrong. :rolleyes:

"Ethereal and delicate" - ha! That will be the day! But I think it's definitely something to aspire to! At the moment I apparently look like death warmed up .... my initial thoughts were obviously food related and I contemplated whether "death warmed up" counted as a Hex or did it need to be synned. :p

Feeling growly and tired this morning, I slept in the germ bubble with my girly last night. Not doing that again tonight - slept really badly and I've decided this morning that if OH doesn't want to sleep with me, he can sleep somewhere different, I'm sleeping in my proper bed. I'm being quite militant about this! I do understand where he's coming from though as he's been on the waiting list for this op for about 2 years.

Sorus, your comment about your children struck a chord with me, yesterday my stepson kindly said to me as I stood doing the dishes - "you really shouldn't be doing the dishes, you don't look at all well and that can't be helping you!" - so I asked him who he thought would do the dishes if I didn't .... he decided not to pursue the conversation further :rotflmao:

Daughter's birthday on Saturday and I haven't got her any presents yet or arranged anything. I'm a bad mum. Feeling guilty but too woosey to sort it out. Would try to arrange it tomorrow, but the school is having an unexpected closure tomorrow, so she'll be with me all day. I'm going to try and go out this afternoon and get her a couple of little gifts and maybe sort out her proper present with her over the weekend - not that I have any idea what her proper present will be! :cry:

Had a sneaky peek at the scales - 2 of the 3lbs have gone, but as they were only phantom pounds anyway, I'll be disappointed if all three of them haven't gone by Sunday. Whilst obviously as long as some have gone, I should be happy, it's that feeling that we've talked about before that it's the same few pounds off and on and off and on, and how slowly it takes to make any real progress. I'm going to stick with it though.

Red day again today - I'm not doing it very well though as I'm having no variety. I'm just not in the mood to plan and I can't stand the thought of any preparation/cooking that takes more than about 5 minutes at the moment - so that limits me a bit! But I'll get through it - I'm nothing if not persistent. I have been told in the past that I have a terrier-like attitude, they either mean I worry away at things til I get them done.... or they mean that I bark a lot and hump strangers legs .... either could be true :rotflmao:

Now where was I .... oh yes, red day. Indeed. I'm going to make myself a nice cup of red green tea and some red weetbix before I decide what I really should be doing, which I think is going to involve effort. Actually making breakfast is going to involve effort ... can anyone help me - purrrleeeeeeeeeease?

Hope everyone is doing well, I'm going to read some diaries and write some wise words today ... actually scrub the "wise words" as that might (a) require effort and (b) be beyond my capabilities ;) :D

To all my fellow truckers, it's time to get those trucks back on the road ..... Keep on truckin' :character00182: Parp! Parp! :p

At the moment I apparently look like death warmed up .... my initial thoughts were obviously food related and I contemplated whether "death warmed up" counted as a Hex or did it need to be synned.

This made me LOL big time; I scared my cats :) That's so in-jokey, does it count as a new brand of geeky humour?

Back