Pack Lunch Ideas

Hi, I take a pack lunch with me for work as well. I have a basic set up of spring onion, red pepper, tomatoes & cucumber and I buy the different types of chicken slices in Asda (BBQ, sweet chilli chicken etc. = all syn free and I am sure other supermarkets do the same). They are my base and with that I either add lots of lettuce one day, the next day I will have them with a packet of couscous (Ainsley Harriott does a good range, most of which are syn free as are most supermarket brands) or another day I will have the Pasta n Sauce mixes, again with the basics added. I add some FF dressing or a tbsp. of my favourite 'light' dressing for the lettuce salad. I always take some fruit with me and usually a ff yoghurt of some sort (I love Aldi's range which is made by Muller but cheaper). I suppose it depends on how much time you have to prepare your lunch. I tend to chop up all my 'basic' ingredients on a Sunday night and keep them in a Tupperware box in the fridge so that I can just add what I need every day but likewise you can make up the pasta and couscous the night before, keep it in a sealable box in the fridge or whatever. By the way my lunches are all 'cold' but if you have a microwave at work you can reheat everything. There are some brilliant recipes for breakfast type muffins or crustless quiches on the website (or check out the recipes section in this website) which may help you along.

Have fun. T x

Mini crustless quiches that you can make in little cupcake cases are great for on the go.
I like ham/chicken slices/cottage cheese to make sure I get a protein kick. The slimming world soups are pretty cheap and you can buy a load and take them with you if your work has a microwave. Raw veg (carrots/peppers/cucumber/celery) are fab because one they're speed and two they satisfy that mouth-hunger of needed something crunchy.

Back