Packed Lunch Ideas!

ThinLizzy

Wants to be a yummy mummy

Hi All

I am looking for some inspiration on what I could have for a packed lunch....I am temping at the moment work wise and am starting a new permanent job in a couple of months time, but at the mo I am just doing like the odd day here and there.....so because I am not in a routine in these workplaces and don't know what facilities they have, I need to be able to take something that I can just get out at lunch and eat in my car or whatever....please can anyone with any ideas for such things, red or green, please let me know!!

Thanks in advance!:eek:

Couscous - take a bowl and a packet into work with you. Just add boiled water, cover for five mins and you have a free lunch on green day :cool:

Oh you could make a pasta salad that would be nice boil up some pasta than let it cool down. Chop some red onion into small pieces some sweetcorn, diced peppers and a few teaspoons of extra low fat helman's mayo, mix it all together and hey presto stick in a lunch box and off you go. (god I am trying to write this and my 8 year old daughter is being a right MARDY;)) sorry about that. Anyway you could add chicken or tuna etc using your healthy extras.

On a red day, I love salmon salad - I bake 2 skinless and boneless salmon fillets with lemon and lime juice (wrapped in a parcel) in the oven, let it go cold and chop up loads of cucumber, celery, radishes, tomatoes, spring onions, gherkins, red and yellow peppers and mix it with 2 tablespoons of extra light mayonnaise (1.5 syns), rally lovelly!

I also like the Lidl turkey in herbs (bit of garlic in it mind!) - do exactly the same as above, although I cook mine until its almost black - tastes better to me!

How about cooking some chicken drumsticks and eating them cold too?

As you can probably tell, I do a lot of red days!!!

how about cold sw 'quiche' i think i posted a recipe for a free veggie one in the recipe thread :)

Back