Packed Lunch Ideas!

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by ThinLizzy, 5 August 2007 Social URL.

1. ThinLizzy

ThinLizzy Wants to be a yummy mummy

Start Weight:
    16st4lb
    Current Weight:
    16st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world

Hi All

I am looking for some inspiration on what I could have for a packed lunch....I am temping at the moment work wise and am starting a new permanent job in a couple of months time, but at the mo I am just doing like the odd day here and there.....so because I am not in a routine in these workplaces and don't know what facilities they have, I need to be able to take something that I can just get out at lunch and eat in my car or whatever....please can anyone with any ideas for such things, red or green, please let me know!!

Thanks in advance!:eek:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. DQ

DQ Queen of the Damned

Couscous - take a bowl and a packet into work with you. Just add boiled water, cover for five mins and you have a free lunch on green day :cool:

4. sonban

sonban Addicted to Minimins

Oh you could make a pasta salad that would be nice boil up some pasta than let it cool down. Chop some red onion into small pieces some sweetcorn, diced peppers and a few teaspoons of extra low fat helman's mayo, mix it all together and hey presto stick in a lunch box and off you go. (god I am trying to write this and my 8 year old daughter is being a right MARDY;)) sorry about that. Anyway you could add chicken or tuna etc using your healthy extras.

5. Mrs V

Mrs V Loves Life!

Start Weight:
    21st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    9st2lb(42.52%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    On a red day, I love salmon salad - I bake 2 skinless and boneless salmon fillets with lemon and lime juice (wrapped in a parcel) in the oven, let it go cold and chop up loads of cucumber, celery, radishes, tomatoes, spring onions, gherkins, red and yellow peppers and mix it with 2 tablespoons of extra light mayonnaise (1.5 syns), rally lovelly!

I also like the Lidl turkey in herbs (bit of garlic in it mind!) - do exactly the same as above, although I cook mine until its almost black - tastes better to me!

How about cooking some chicken drumsticks and eating them cold too?

As you can probably tell, I do a lot of red days!!!

6. foodfairy

foodfairy Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st2lb
    Current Weight:
    12st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st1lb(0.59%)
    Diet:
    none in particular
    how about cold sw 'quiche' i think i posted a recipe for a free veggie one in the recipe thread :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.