Padded

bronski

Anything But Ordinary
So I had my sister-in-law come stay the last few days with her three kids. I love having the kids over, even though they're hard work (ages 6, 4 and going on 1) but their mother is something else entirely. She is the laziest person I know bar none. She spent the whole time ordering either me or the kids around to bring her things and to stop her youngest from climbing the stairs, even though most of the time, she was closer to all these things.

But what wound me up the most this time is the little jibes at my weight. I know I've put on weight, that fact is there for everyone to see. But you just don't point it out to people!! It started with dictating how I should be planning for meals and how I shouldn't just sit down when I get in from work (this coming from a 31 year old who has never had a job.)

Then when I told her oldest that they gave the best cuddles, she felt the need to tell me that of course I'd enjoy them more; her oldest is very slim, but I have padding to balance it out. Padding. She asked several times if that was OK to point it out (see signature.) Then whilst we were swimming, I offered same child I hug when she was getting cold. I said I'd been moving around so I was warm. But she just felt the need to say "actually, it's because you have more padding." :mad:

Normally, I'd be sobbing onto my husband and eating cake batter, but I'm just so furious that she'd dare bring it up when it's none of her business. I made a real point of avoiding weight talk but she kept bringing it up anyway. I'm channeling the anger into this to really kick start the weight loss again. I've done it once before, I'm damn well going to prove her wrong again.

Just to give you an idea of what a callous beast she can be, she told her sister - who had been an extreme anorexic and had been sectioned for it - that she had "rounded out." No tact whatsoever!

I'd rather have my padding than be a feckless 31 year old with 3 kids who's never had a job! We can lose the padding, she can't do much about her cr*p sounding life! She sounds like she's jealous, picking up on your insecurity because she feels insecure around you!

what a cowbag! You did well to keep your temper, don't think I would've done!

Thanks vivahate... It was just so rude and so unnecessary, and she just loves doing things like that. Even without weight talk she kept saying my husband didn't try hard enough so didn't do as well in work. Cha, my husband's a higher level scientist in the country's top labs. I think he's done pretty fecking well!! Oy... It's hard work... Give it three weeks I'll be over it, just in time for the next family holiday!!

Well... doesn't she sound like a peach :)
Promise me, you will lose whatever weight you need to just so you can turn the tables on her! I definitely think revenge weight loss is one of the sweetest hehe!
If you ever feel like giving up or losing willpower then just log on here, look back at this conversation and focus really hard on your sis-in-laws face when you've lost all your weight!
Best of luck!

Back