Painful

sapphirestara

Gold Member
Completely of topic, but I have 2 incredibly painful cysts under one arm. Happens sometimes. They are sore and swollen and my bra keeps rubbing them. Any suggestions....?

:bighug::hug99::gen126::vibes::flowers::grouphugg::patback::heartpump::heartpump::heartpump::heartpump::heartpump::sign0168:

better? xxxxx

sapphirestara said:
Completely of topic, but I have 2 incredibly painful cysts under one arm. Happens sometimes. They are sore and swollen and my bra keeps rubbing them. Any suggestions....?

I get that.

Sorry - no idea how to help. But do you know what causes it? I cant spot a pattern in when/why it occurs for me.

Aw thanks hon xx

Jayellekay said:
I get that.

Sorry - no idea how to help. But do you know what causes it? I cant spot a pattern in when/why it occurs for me.

Thank god it's not just me. Cannot spot a pattern tho sometimes worse if i shave my underarm. Feel like an ingrown hair. But sebaceous cysts are bigger and worse! Have just finished my TOTM. Am using the same deodorant, same shower/bath stuff, wearing same clothes..... Am at a loss. I'm scared to google it!!!!!!

mybodyisacage said:
:bighug::hug99::gen126::vibes::flowers::grouphugg::patback::heartpump::heartpump::heartpump::heartpump::heartpump::sign0168:

better? xxxxx

Much xxxxxx :bighug: xxxxxxxxx

I have a condition which manifests in cysts in the armpit, groin and other areas. It is hell. It's also linked to obesity, so maybe look it up and see if it matches your experience. It is considered rare, but I think most people who have it just don't come forward. It's called hidradenitis suppurativa. It comes in three categorized severities. I'm a stage 2. It's incurable but can be put into remission with diet, exercise, medication and surgery as a last resort. Look it up. And in the meantime I feel your pain.

Wow.

Ive just looked up hidradenitis suppurativa.

I definitely have that. I've never heard of it.

Thanks. Good to know Im not alone!

I used to have that, I started using the simple shower gels and deodorants and it seems to have stopped happening so much, also I now get my underarms waxed rather than shave them, I think mine were mostly ingrowing hairs that got rather swollen and painful.

Awww hugs, it hurts a lot!

Ok so I checked out hidradenitis suppurativa and I don't think it's that. I think it's more what Lauren said. It does seemed to be much worse about a week after I shave. I'll just have to stop being a wuss about the pain of waxing and get it done every month instead! X

waxing is the way forward, also dry body brushing your armpits to exfoliate them!

I get this underneath my tummy line by my pants - savlon usually works for me, hope it feels better soon - PGD :)

mybodyisacage said:
waxing is the way forward, also dry body brushing your armpits to exfoliate them!

Take it you're getting on with body brushing then hon? Xxx good idea!! Xx

poppygreendog said:
I get this underneath my tummy line by my pants - savlon usually works for me, hope it feels better soon - PGD :)

Thanks chick, I just witch hazeled the bejesus out of them.... Hopefully they'll clear up. X

Witch Hazel cures all - keep some for after you have been waxed.... thats all im sayin :) (as an experienced waxee and all)

Lol now I'm scared!!

Im a dry body brushing convert! best thing ever!

Lol yay!!!

:worthy: This is me bowing down to you. Thank you for introducing me to the best thing since eating!

Back