Pains after re-starting SW

10st10lbs

Gold Member
Hey guys, been off the wagon since the end of October and have managed to gain half a pound only! Very grateful for this, as I lost the weight I did very very slowly. I started following the SW ways a few days ago, and had some of the worst stomach pains I have experienced in a long time! Just under my belly button, I felt this really strong pulling/stabbing sensation. This was about an hour after eating Bran Flakes with a banana, so I put it down to a drastic diet change (I'd had 9 slices of pizza two days before :eek:) but then it happened again this morning so I Googled it, as you do! Top three contenders: miscarriage, UTI, or gas. But it's not a miscarriage, and it doesn't burn when I pee, so it's most likely to be gas... Yippee? I didn't have this problem when I started SW the first time, did anyone else? I have been quite low on the fruit/veg/fibre intake as of late but I didn't realise it could hurt this bad!

Ali xxx

from fat to fiber?

directly under your belly button or to one side?
any nausea?
are you sure it's not a female thing?

I would drink lots of water and stop googling symptoms!!

It could just be wind, but it could also me any number of minor things.

There's also nothing to say it's linked to SW - the majority of food poisoning can take a number of days to show any symptoms in the body, so it could be something that you've eaten before getting back on plan.

Could be IBS? I get pains ranging from mild to very severe in my right side.. If it keeps hurting, I'd suggest going to your GP. Too much fibre definitely makes my IBS act up.

ColJack said:
from fat to fiber?

directly under your belly button or to one side?
any nausea?
are you sure it's not a female thing?
Directly, no nausea, definitely not a female thing.

Jennyonaplate said:
I would drink lots of water and stop googling symptoms!!

It could just be wind, but it could also me any number of minor things.

There's also nothing to say it's linked to SW - the majority of food poisoning can take a number of days to show any symptoms in the body, so it could be something that you've eaten before getting back on plan.

Google is my best friend!

It probably was just wind, don't reckon it was food poisoning as I ate the same all week as 10 other people and they're all OK! But thanks for the suggestion, I hadn't thought about it being something I'd eaten in previous days :)

xxx

JustmeGemmy said:
Could be IBS? I get pains ranging from mild to very severe in my right side.. If it keeps hurting, I'd suggest going to your GP. Too much fibre definitely makes my IBS act up.

It could be IBS! I haven't experienced the pain again since my last post, and thank God for that! I think I will be making an appointment with my GP if it happens again, definitely.

I've read quite a few posts in the past on here where people have said too much fibre wreaks havoc with their systems! I think this was my first encounter with constipation, unfortunately! :eek:

Thanking you muchly for your help! xxx

Back