Pains in my legs

chele80

On a mission
For a few weeks I have been getting pains in my thighs.
As soon as I go to bed, my thighs start tingling and I get a "swimming" feeling in them
Then during the night I get quite bad pain in each one if I lay on that side, if I swap side the pain will come onto my other thigh, so I have to sleep with my legs straight or move around a bit.

Does anyone else have this?
I don't know if it's the diet, the rapid weightloss or something more serious. I did also have an operation 7 weeks ago to remove my gall bladder but doubt this would affect my legs

Help!
I don't want to to go the doctor as I think they will tell me to stop.
Ideas?

Not too sure about the pain but the rest of it sounds like restless leg sydrome- quite a common thing to be honest and not much you can do about it. I think you should get it checked out xx It might be something really simple as your muscles cramping etc. I was worried about getting night cramps when I started LT due to not being able to take the usual remedy of salt water when I get them, but so far I have been cramp free. (cramp is caused by low salt, thats why some salt is good for you). If it carries on, go see your GP xxxx

Hi Chele,
It does sound like Restless legs,when I first started LT,I couldnt settle at night with them,its eased now.I didnt have pain though.If its cramping then as Medea said,its probably Lack of sodium.
For the fact you have had an op,it might be better getting it checked out anyway just to be on the safe side x

hi, i have had that too, i found that taking paracetamol helped as it helps the nerves relax, also helps you sleep if you are restless.

i thought it was my fibro, but maybe it is connected to sodim levels too, i have also started getting a little cramp in my hips too.

in fact last time.. we were... ermmmm otherwise engaged:eek::eek:.... and ermm keith thought he had 'hit my spot...' when in fact i was screaming with cramp in my hip! :eek::eek:

:giggle:

hehehehe, i had to try and stop him by calling out 'argghhh cramp' he looked suddenly gutted! prob thinking 'hey i'm doing good here!!'

i recovered quickly ;)

I have had this in the past, it is connected to low sodium so a pinch of salt in your soup might be ok. I also used to have tonic water for the quinine content, obviously not an option right now but you can get quinine tablets but I think they are prescription only meds. You can always ask a chemist if anything else had a low quinine content? xxx

hmmm good ideas. I am going onto refeed in 3 weeks for my wedding so will see then if the pains stop. In the meantime I'll see about sodium and quinine, and then if I still have it when I'm not on LT I'll go to the doctors
xx

My mum is prescribed Quinine tabs for leg cramps as she is a diabetic,they work very well.

For a few weeks I have been getting pains in my thighs.
As soon as I go to bed, my thighs start tingling and I get a "swimming" feeling in them
Then during the night I get quite bad pain in each one if I lay on that side, if I swap side the pain will come onto my other thigh, so I have to sleep with my legs straight or move around a bit.

Does anyone else have this?
I don't know if it's the diet, the rapid weight loss or something more serious. I did also have an operation 7 weeks ago to remove my gall bladder but doubt this would affect my legs

Help!
I don't want to to go the doctor as I think they will tell me to stop.
Ideas?

Hi Chele,

I would recommend you get yourself checked out with your doctor as you have said you are only seven weeks since you had your Gall bladder out.

Other food replacement programmes I believe would not actually allow you to go on them for 8 weeks after an operation.

So very surprised Lipotrim allowed you to TFR so soon.

Be sure to let us know how you get on.

Love Mini xxx

hehehehe, i had to try and stop him by calling out 'argghhh cramp' he looked suddenly gutted! prob thinking 'hey i'm doing good here!!'

i recovered quickly ;)
ROFL...hehehe its not often us blokes get things right, i feel sorry for your hubby... one minute your up... the next your..well you know:D:D

Back